What would covid-19 be like without the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I just wanted to add some food for thought.

Do you remember who served as a model for lockdowns' so-called efficiency?

China.

The same China who had you believe, around March last year, that people were dropping dead in the streets from COVID-19.
The same China who had you believe they completely got rid of the virus (we all know that's not true) by locking down.

I'll confess: I haven't stopped seeing anyone in the last year.
I saw friends, family, etc with no reserve.
Even my father, who's almost 70.
And no, I didn't mask.
I didn't avoid hugs.
I didn't keep two meters.

And no one has been sick with COVID.

I don't know if you remember, but in 2010, a scandal broke out and the European parliament came to the conclusion that governments were being manipulated by pharmaceutical companies and the WHO who went out and grossly exaggerated the threat from the Swine Flu.

I will add something else slightly suspicious: current vaccines have been handed an EUA -- Emergency Use Authorization.

What does that mean? Well, it means a lot of things, but an important part of this distinction, is that one of the conditions to allow a vaccine for EUA is that "no alternative treatment is available". However, there are drugs that have been proven as effective against COVID-19.

Like HCQ. Ivermectin. Both of those have suddenly been banned in many countries in 2020. In Quebec, doctors have been explicitly forbidden from prescribing HCQ for COVID.

Look. If you want to tell me HCQ doesn't work, fine. But don't go and tell me it's dangerous after 65 years of use worldwide.

As of 2005, Anthony Fauci even said, in his own words, said: “Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread.”.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
- Mark Twain

The Fauci thing is a complete lie. The words actually comes from Stuart T. Nichol in this article Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread
PolitiFact - Don’t fall for conspiracy about Dr. Anthony Fauci, hydroxychloroquine
People associated it with Fauci because it's in the NIH database of articles, but the grand majority of scientific articles end up there. Hell, my name is there 14 times and I have never spoken to Fauci and he probably never read my articles.

But of course, this is par for the course with you following conspiracy theories from very doubtful sources that sound intelligent to people with no knowledge on the topic.

You cannot use a medication for an unapproved application, which is why you have clinical trials with already approved medication for new applications all the time.

HCQ and Ivermectin have yet to provide sufficient efficacy data to be approved.

So no, there is no currently approved treatment for Covid19.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The Fauci thing is a complete lie. The words actually comes from Stuart T. Nichol in this article Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread
PolitiFact - Don’t fall for conspiracy about Dr. Anthony Fauci, hydroxychloroquine
People associated it with Fauci because it's in the NIH database of articles, but the grand majority of scientific articles end up there. Hell, my name is there 14 times and I have never spoken to Fauci and he probably never read my articles.

But of course, this is par for the course with you following conspiracy theories from very doubtful sources that sound intelligent to people with no knowledge on the topic.

You cannot use a medication for an unapproved application, which is why you have clinical trials with already approved medication for new applications all the time.

HCQ and Ivermectin have yet to provide sufficient efficacy data to be approved.

So no, there is no currently approved treatment for Covid19.
The supposed Mark Twain quote isn't even real either. FACT CHECK: Did Mark Twain Say 'It's Easier to Fool People Than to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled'?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
And no, I didn't mask.
I didn't avoid hugs.

I know some of the more hysterical people out there would have made you assume that you had a 100% chance of getting or giving COVID if you did those things, but the reality is it's a function of probability. Congrats, you got *somewhat* lucky, how much luck you had depends on how much community spread there was where you live and the practices of your friends and family. I think the studies have shown that like 80% of the cases are caused by only 10% of the infected, so it's often a function of whether you had the misfortune of coming across a superspreader. I bet you didn't know that you can also have unprotected sex with someone who has HIV and not contract that virus either (I think the odds are actually only like 20%). That doesn't mean it's a smart risk to take.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
You posting this after spending days saying our mind were being polluted by the media we consume is hilarious.

The fact that I am not even sure if it is satire is exactly the point I am trying to make. Society has lost their collective minds that badly.

All those people are delaying things and I say f*** you to all of them.

Tests are not the thing keeping this alive, cases are, whether detected or not. Tests do not create cases.

If people could have sticked to rules back in March 2020 and if people were less scared to share their info with the government (such as South Korea which use GPS and credit card info to contact trace), most things would be open.

But people like you hate rules too much and are scared of big governments so here we are still under restrictions with a pile of bodies.

If Canada was made of Treb, we would already be pretty much over this.
If Canada was made of Big Phil, we would be worse of than India.

Tell me about India, Treb. How was your trip there? Did you get on the ground floor of things and really dig in and do some reporting? Or have you relied solely on what western media has shown you about India? All of the pictures you are absolutely CERTAIN that they are current, right? Well, what is left to say? I mean, it isn't as if we've ever caught our media lying through their teeth. Heck, I posted a video a page or so back where a woman is literally saying that if we don't get vaccines into people then we have no carrot to dangle in front of them, and no one batted an eyelash.

Just remember, people did listen in March of 2020. They locked us down then too. If this were genuine, we would all have agreed to play our part after a couple of weeks, maybe a month. But it isn't. There isn't a politician that has lost a dime of their money while some people have lost their jobs and businesses. After 14 months if you can't figure out that something is criminally wrong with our government then you probably would prefer not to.

It's always fun to watch you go racing back to global hunger when talking about the actions of the U.S. and Canadian governments regarding covid. Canada also hasn't solved shark attack deaths in the Indian Ocean either, so I guess that means all vaccinations in Ontario need to be cancelled or some dumb shit.

No, but you can at least prioritize it. Don't listen to the phony agenda where they say they want to "save lives" despite ignoring every single way the lockdowns are harming people and also the other problems of the world the governments have ignored for years, including the UN ignoring it as well. Can you imagine if they actually DID care about human life what could be accomplished? Obviously they can set it up where they jab needles into people who have no one to sue if it goes wrong, but they can't send food out to hungry children? Or find a way to reduce heart attacks? Or any of the above I mentioned. You are clinging to a lie here, the numbers do not suggest that you drop everything, put draconian restrictions on people and focus solely on a virus almost everyone who comes in contact with is surviving. It isn't practical. What you are seeing from the Canadian government (you guys are much better in the U.S. with this) is criminal.

Carlin was a a vocal anti-clerical atheist. Strange of Satan to let him have a larf during his eternal torment.

Carlin made sense with things, I could disagree with him about God and still have a lot in common with him. He hated the establishment, didn't trust politicians and knew what was really going on behind the scenes. And could still make the truth sound funny.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I
And no, I didn't mask.
I didn't avoid hugs.

Ditto. We had a normal winter, I had the same cold I always get, and can never shake for a couple of weeks. I had a 24hr fever. Survived both of them. Go figure. I cleaned up vomit from one of my kids the other day. Is she dying of Covid? Well, I didn't alert CBC news, but as any parent can attest to, children get sick from time to time, usually from something they eat.

I have seen the same people that I always do. There have been some more cautious, and what can you do, you let them do their thing, but the ones who are like minded we've gotten together. Will be seeing my parents on Mother's Day. Why not? Did it in 1999, 2005, 2010.......................and even 2020, imagine that! Life goes on, and I could get hit by a bus tomorrow. I feel sorry for the people posting on here, because they can't see the forest through the trees with this whole thing. They rely on their government's word, and that's just......................sad.

Look. If you want to tell me HCQ doesn't work, fine. But don't go and tell me it's dangerous after 65 years of use worldwide.

As of 2005, Anthony Fauci even, in his own words, said: “Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread.”.

Considering in Canada we have a (ahem) "Health" Minister (and I put that purposely in quotations) in Patti Hajdu who railed against vitamin D the other day, it is quite clear that our government has zero interest in anyone that goes against the narrative. Our Prime Minister was a drama teacher who dressed up in blackface and the Premier of Ontario is a deer in the headlights in every speech he makes. And people wonder why there is a problem in Canada :laugh:

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I know some of the more hysterical people out there would have made you assume that you had a 100% chance of getting or giving COVID if you did those things, but the reality is it's a function of probability. Congrats, you got *somewhat* lucky, how much luck you had depends on how much community spread there was where you live and the practices of your friends and family. I think the studies have shown that like 80% of the cases are caused by only 10% of the infected, so it's often a function of whether you had the misfortune of coming across a superspreader. I bet you didn't know that you can also have unprotected sex with someone who has HIV and not contract that virus either (I think the odds are actually only like 20%). That doesn't mean it's a smart risk to take.

Man that is exhausting being paranoid about that as much as you are. Covid lives rent-free in your head. Stop it!

2% of the world has had a positive test for Covid. 2! Does that sound like the same virus that the news is talking about 24/7? Of course not, that was a rhetorical question.

I know what you are saying, "But in Canada...................." 3.3%! That's it.

"Yeah but the Ontario alone, surely they have......................." 3.3%! No kidding.

Look it up.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
*Snip*

Tell me about India, Treb. How was your trip there? Did you get on the ground floor of things and really dig in and do some reporting? Or have you relied solely on what western media has shown you about India? All of the pictures you are absolutely CERTAIN that they are current, right? Well, what is left to say? I mean, it isn't as if we've ever caught our media lying through their teeth. Heck, I posted a video a page or so back where a woman is literally saying that if we don't get vaccines into people then we have no carrot to dangle in front of them, and no one batted an eyelash.

*Snip
Tell me Big Phil, how was YOUR trip to India? My girlfriend is friends with two Indian people (from different parts of India) from Grad School, both who have been in the US throughout the pandemic but are closely in touch with all their family & friends back home. I had dinner with them last night (yay vaccines). They both said they have personally lost family members to this virus, that everyone they know also has lost people, and that it is a total disaster. And these are people from fairly wealthy families (I don't know for sure, but enough to send their kids to the US for school).

I know it's useless replying to you but that "How was your trip there?" statement is just so ridiculous.

So I ask again Phil: How was your trip there?

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Phil doesn’t need to travel. He’s a free thinker, knows who to believe, makes up his own mind about stuff.

Doesn’t listen to anyone or anything unless they’re Tucker Carlson (who is vaccinated by the way).

Not like you sheep who still believe in science and data and facts. Screw that.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Man that is exhausting being paranoid about that as much as you are. Covid lives rent-free in your head. Stop it!
Phil doesn’t need to travel. He’s a free thinker, knows who to believe, makes up his own mind about stuff.

Doesn’t listen to anyone or anything unless they’re Tucker Carlson (who is vaccinated by the way).

tin-foil-hat-364x293.jpeg

2% of the world has had a positive test for Covid. 2! Does that sound like the same virus that the news is talking about 24/7? Of course not, that was a rhetorical question.
What Is the Global Percentage of People Who Have COVID?
The World Health Organization estimated in October that the percentage of people who have had COVID-19 around the globe was about 10%, though that number was undoubtedly higher by May.
10% back in October actually... well before the winter peak. Yeah, not sure where you're getting your 2% numbers from.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Tell me Big Phil, how was YOUR trip to India? My girlfriend is friends with two Indian people (from different parts of India) from Grad School, both who have been in the US throughout the pandemic but are closely in touch with all their family & friends back home. I had dinner with them last night (yay vaccines). They both said they have personally lost family members to this virus, that everyone they know also has lost people, and that it is a total disaster. And these are people from fairly wealthy families (I don't know for sure, but enough to send their kids to the US for school).

I know it's useless replying to you but that "How was your trip there?" statement is just so ridiculous.

So I ask again Phil: How was your trip there?

I didn't go there, but I would be very skeptical if I were you about trusting a thing you hear on western media about India. The US is in many ways back to normal and India has had more vaccines than Canada on a percentage of the level and they are nothing but a disaster? Hmmmm. Re-think that.

tin-foil-hat-364x293.jpeg

What Is the Global Percentage of People Who Have COVID?

10% back in October actually... well before the winter peak. Yeah, not sure where you're getting your 2% numbers from.

Simple math gives you the percentage. Amount of infected divided by the world's population x 100 and bingo you will get your 2%.

But hey, even better if they "estimate" it is 10%. If anything that should make everyone happier to realize that millions more didn't even KNOW they had it. It makes this pandemic significantly less deadly than even what I have been trying to tell you. So I don't know why you think I am wearing the tin foil hat here. Here is what you should do Talon, go to a playground. I've got kids, so I do it all of the time. But go to one and watch the kids and watch how normal they are when there aren't crooked adults telling them what to do. They touch the same slides, swings, surfaces, etc. of the other kids. Almost none have a mask on unless there parent is one of those kinds that prefers their kid doesn't take in the fresh air. Kids act normal and play with other kids when there isn't this fear being pumped into them. So that's my life, not exactly a tin foil hat existence compared to your type that is horrified of a children's playground and the lack of "social distancing" that goes on there.

Fox is a little too mainstream for me. Tucker is alright most of the time though, but mainstream media is all under one umbrella. That's more your alley Bear, not mine.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
I live in the mountains, Phil - no alleys anywhere in sight. I’m not really a people person.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Simple math gives you the percentage. Amount of infected divided by the world's population x 100 and bingo you will get your 2%.
You said "stop testing" earlier, because you didn't want to see cases... then you go with the only 2% has "tested" positive as if it's insignificant.

The point? You don't want to know who has been infected in the first place. You just want to "not be inconvenienced" by the pandemic, and all the data behind the pandemic, shows how serious it is and makes the world want to take it seriously, which you hate, and thus call everyone paranoid because they haven't been brainwashed to think like you feel they should.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
You said "stop testing" earlier, because you didn't want to see cases... then you go with the only 2% has "tested" positive as if it's insignificant.

The point? You don't want to know who has been infected in the first place. You just want to "not be inconvenienced" by the pandemic, and all the data behind the pandemic, shows how serious it is and makes the world want to take it seriously, which you hate, and thus call everyone paranoid because they haven't been brainwashed to think like you feel they should.

Because people are getting tested that aren't even sick. I work with people who "caught" Covid but the only reason they even got tested is because they chose themselves to do it because they worked next to someone who was positive. They weren't sick. But they were isolated for 2 weeks. And for what? That is my point I am making, only 2% of the world has tested positive for this and if the estimates are that there are more (something a Stanford study showed months ago) then that is not a bad thing, it is a good thing. It means significantly millions of people MORE didn't even know they had it. Or that the tests are incredibly inaccurate. Regardless of which one it is, this is not bad news, it is good news and it only should help people like you be less paranoid.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The cognitive dissonance required to be talking about other people "being paranoid" or having things "live rent-free in your head" after you've spent the last however many pages going on and on about the media, government, medical establishment, etc. being involved in a conspiracy to trick everyone with a fake pandemic so they can implement totalitarianism is staggering on so many levels. I suggest you take a step back, evaluate how you are projecting your thoughts, fears, beliefs, etc. onto others, and look inward on how to resolve that contradiction instead of continually casting it upon others.

Reactions: 4thline and TaLoN

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
The cognitive dissonance required to be talking about other people "being paranoid" or having things "live rent-free in your head" after you've spent the last however many pages going on and on about the media, government, medical establishment, etc. being involved in a conspiracy to trick everyone with a fake pandemic so they can implement totalitarianism is staggering on so many levels. I suggest you take a step back, evaluate how you are projecting your thoughts, fears, beliefs, etc. onto others, and look inward on how to resolve that contradiction instead of continually casting it upon others.

I am not living in fear. Our society is. Being aware of how this is being implemented in the minds of people and trying to warn others about it is not being paranoid or fearful. I'll post it, hope someone pays attention (even privately) and if they don't I'll still go visit my mother on mother's day weekend regardless. None of it changes my life, but there isn't going to be much of a country left if you keep rolling the red carpet out for the government at every turn.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I am not living in fear. Our society is. Being aware of how this is being implemented in the minds of people and trying to warn others about it is not being paranoid or fearful. I'll post it, hope someone pays attention (even privately) and if they don't I'll still go visit my mother on mother's day weekend regardless. None of it changes my life, but there isn't going to be much of a country left if you keep rolling the red carpet out for the government at every turn.
You utterly failed to demonstrate how anything the government has done is illegal or even unethical despite being asked for supporting evidence repeatedly. You left multiple posts and questions unanswered on the topic. You also claimed doctors were being paid to count people as COVID deaths and when pressed for evidence just never replied. You are clearly terrified of some fictional government takeover of your life that isn't occurring and you are rationalizing this by projecting your fear onto others by accusing anyone who is taking a global pandemic seriously as "living in fear".

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I didn't go there, but I would be very skeptical if I were you about trusting a thing you hear on western media about India. The US is in many ways back to normal and India has had more vaccines than Canada on a percentage of the level and they are nothing but a disaster? Hmmmm. Re-think that.
Tracking Coronavirus Vaccinations Around the World
India is at 9.6% first dose, 2.3% 2nd dose,
Canada is at 37% first dose, 3.2% 2nd dose

Canada has almost 4 times more people with 1 dose than India. Again, you show you don't really know anything about any of this.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
I wish I could say that I find it unfathomable to believe Carlson is too mainstream, but my brother’s in-laws believe that too.

Although they’re smart enough to get vaccinated because they’ve worked in army hospitals their entire life and believe in science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->