What would be the ask for Stepan?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
After his bonus is paid, he's only owed 2.000 but carries a 6.500 cap hit for 1 more year before UFA.

One of your 4 2nd round picks.

Keep in mind you can double dip by trading Stepan at the deadline. He'll be in demand.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Doubt he gets traded until the deadline.

He's Tocc's favourite, and he's cheap. Hayton isn't ready for top-six minutes. They'll flip him at the deadline.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Doubt he gets traded until the deadline.

He's Tocc's favourite, and he's cheap. Hayton isn't ready for top-six minutes. They'll flip him at the deadline.

Fine by me. Thought he looked great in the Nashville series and we need the center depth. Not like we are signing Hall. Hell, dude may increase his value by February, especially in a shorted season.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Sorry Derek if you read in this thread.
These guys dont know how to spell the word respect.
You know what generates "respect" among supporters? Playing the entirety of your X year / Y game career giving 110% and leaving it all out on there on the field of play, standing in front of the camera after a shambolic performance as a veteran and a team leader saying "that was unacceptable, we owe the fans an apology". Players like Marchand, Dale Hunter, Darren McCarty...dont even have to be "elite talents" like a Tkachuk or Lindros. Just be a "regular guy" who gives his all and is a credit to the sweater. Teams throughout the history of the league are full of guys like I describe, I suspect everyone here probably has a handful of personal favorites.

Stepan, unfortunately, required actually having to fight off COVID (apparently?) in order to actually reach game fitness in time for the play-in round, and continues to demonstrate zero accountability for the team's poor performances when in front of the camera.

I've said repeatedly he was let down by RT coddling him throughout the post-AS collapse...mis/over-utilizing him, primarily. At the same time, what can the HC do with a massive black hole down the center of his entire lineup? The things Stepan could control...his care level both on and off the ice...were sadly lacking.

And that's not how you become a legend in the shirt.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Fine by me. Thought he looked great in the Nashville series and we need the center depth. Not like we are signing Hall. Hell, dude may increase his value by February, especially in a shorted season.
He was very good at times in the playoffs. It’s the reason there will be a market.

May go at draft for a team that has a desperate need for a 2C like Winnipeg or Buffalo. May be teams who want to wait until deadline to maximize cap space who may offer a sweetener to wait. Regardless the 2nd round pick asking price seems safe.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jakey may even pay the extra fair for him to stop at Circle K to get some bud light
Only if he shares. You guys know I'm not a big Stepan fan, but I think he may get the most at TTD, and it's not like we are flush with C's as it sits today.

Reactions: cobra427

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Only if he shares. You guys know I'm not a big Stepan fan, but I think he may get the most at TTD, and it's not like we are flush with C's as it sits today.
We all know you are a closet Stepan fanboy:) I agree, let Hayton progress and trade Stepan at the TDL.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I'd love to sign Haula and trade Stepan for a 2021 3rd.

Isn't Haula considered to be an abrasive personality in the locker room?

Not saying that is a bad thing, because we may need something like that, as the locker room was apparently very tight last year and this has been referenced.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Isn't Haula considered to be an abrasive personality in the locker room?

Not saying that is a bad thing, because we may need something like that, as the locker room was apparently very tight last year and this has been referenced.
The last thing I want is this "very tight" dressing room back. It's our biggest problem. They're all on Spring Break together.

Reactions: 0point1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad