What would be my blade curve ? (HELP)

habs1988

Mar 1, 2003
I don't know
Visit site
Ok guys, I know it could sound weird, but I've always had hart time to choose my type of curve.

I'm playing hockey since 10 years, but I've never really known my curve.

I don't know if you can help me, but I'll tell you what is my type of shot :

- Love top corner
- Mostly snapshot (no much of wristshot or slapshot)
- Bang player (don't have skills like Datsyuk you know)
- Love to do small saucer passes

I don't know if it's enough..but anyway, at least I'm trying haha!

So, which blade curve would be the best (player name?)?

Rush22*

Just go with the good old Easton Sakic / Bauer Backstrom P92.

I personally thing the P88 is the best pattern for me. It is similar to the Sakic/P92 but with a little more depth to the curve and it's less open.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
The only true way to know is by trying things for yourself. What might work for me or someone else (even though we maybe the same attributes), may not work for you.

CMac17

Scaaaaaaar!
May 21, 2008
Fairport, NY
www.myspace.com
If ya don't have anything that opens a little bit (see: Bauer Lidstrom curve), I'd recommend giving one of them a try. I like the heel curves for controlling elevation, but as posted several times above, it's all about what you're comfortable with. They all basically counter your tendencies to "even out" the process, or enhance something you rely on.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Choosing a curve is 100% personal preference, basically once you find one that works fairly well just stick with it and you'll learn how to use it properly. Based on your description of your game (like to roof it, snapshots, saucer passes) I think you'd want a somewhat open face, something like a Sakic if you like mid curves or a Drury if you like heel curves. Heel and mid curves feel extremely different though, and most people either like one or the other, there's no substitute for trying curves out when it comes to picking one.

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
Choosing a curve is 100% personal preference, basically once you find one that works fairly well just stick with it and you'll learn how to use it properly. Based on your description of your game (like to roof it, snapshots, saucer passes) I think you'd want a somewhat open face, something like a Sakic if you like mid curves or a Drury if you like heel curves. Heel and mid curves feel extremely different though, and most people either like one or the other, there's no substitute for trying curves out when it comes to picking one.

This. I use a mid-heel open face curve and it's great for going high on the forehand from in tight, while it's supposed to be terrible for backhands, yet I'm so used to it I seem to be able to roof it on the backhand fairly easily. Once you find something thats in the ballpark for what you do, experiment with a few similar patterns and find which one you like. You have to give them at least a few games before really get used to one.

Noir

Aug 27, 2009
Vancouver, CAN
I don't know how good of an advise this is but:

I actually learned my preferred curve decades ago wayyyy back in elementary school playing good ol' street hockey.

Back then kids were rocking the old "plastic blades" which allowed one to experiment with curve configurations even all the way to extreme shapes (and then we pulled back from those extremeties little by little until one finds the curve one likes).

606_19176_P.jpg

Found my curve, stuck with it ever since for the next 20 years. Of course, I updated every now and then but my basis of comparison, or starting point was still my old school preference.

As of now, I'm using my same old curve with an update of a slight toe flared up for easier puck lifting.

BadHammy*

A PM9 is nice for keeping snappers low. I prefer a Standard Drury curve, but if you're new to it, then you may need to practice keeping her down. The Drury also rocks on slappers, saucer passes, etc. Obviously, your technique is the most important part but patterns differ widely for a reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad