Speculation: What will the Pens do??

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Need to be cap compliant at start the season before putting anyone on LTIR

Oh really??

Didn't know that.

I actually was about to say they are ok but they still need to cap compliant.

Thanks for the info.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Need to be cap compliant at start the season before putting anyone on LTIR

You can put players on LTIR the last day of training camp. And that's exactly what Pens will do with Duper. They'll be cap compliant with their current roster.

So to answer your question, what they'll do is stand pat.

Stuckinthe2ndround*

So it looks like the answer is: They will do nothing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, they'll just put Dupuis on LTIR. From what I understand, they'll get as close as they can to $3.75 million over the cap and they'll put him on LTIR, which will set their new ceiling. So if the closest they can get is $3.5 million over the cap, that will be their new ceiling.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
You can put players on LTIR the last day of training camp. And that's exactly what Pens will do with Duper. They'll be cap compliant with their current roster.

So to answer your question, what they'll do is stand pat.

yup... IE Pronger in PHI, or Savard in BOS or in a more recent scenario... Franzen in DET

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
yup... IE Pronger in PHI, or Savard in BOS or in a more recent scenario... Franzen in DET

The problem with having to do that is that the team does not "bank" any cap space so when the trading deadline comes the only kind of deal the team can make a deal for roughly the same money that is going out. There won't be any trading picks/propsects alone for players.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I have a hunch they're fairly satisfied with the roster as it stands. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad