What will the NHLPA yes-no vote percentages be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Jacobv2 said:
Were they released to the public the last time around?

No they weren't, actually. All we got in 1994 was "a majority of the players voted Yes", and the sidenote of "The majority on each team also voted Yes".

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
I'd kinda like to know why messier011 thinks that no more than six or so players are going to vote yes.

X0ssbar

Hmm.. This has got to be an agonizing vote for the players - especially with all the options out there for them:

Option A: Accept this deal that will still make me a millionaire and allow me to continue my professional career playing in the best league in the world.

Option B: Decline and continue to ride the bus in the European Mountain Leagues.

Option C: Decline and continue to see my wife get photographed in my sweater in my rag.

Option D: Decline and continue to scour the Sunday newspaper for 2 for 1 Kibbles and Bits coupons at Petsmart.

A very tuff decision - I hope these guys take at least "two weeks" to think this through ;)

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Timmy said:
I'd kinda like to know why messier011 thinks that no more than six or so players are going to vote yes.

Because he's smart? :) I think only a handful of players will no as well. I see 90% easily, likely 95%.

dedalus

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Iconoclast said:
Goodenow CAN say his piece before any vote and cloud the issue, as he does have last say. He could easily say something contrary to the executive that could test the resolve of those voting and test their loyalties. A guy that has been backed into a corner and looks to be on the outs will do just that.
Your scenario would please me. Watching his own constituency kick him in the teeth on the CBA vote would be more entertaining than the bashing of him on hockey boards.

Let Goodenow put his reputation further at risk. I'd love it.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Timmy said:

I hate optimism. I really think it will be closer then anyone thinks. It will pass though (knock wood)...and I was an angry drunk last night...and hated optimism even more...HF is a dangerous place to go after you booze.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
nyrmessier011 said:
I hate optimism. I really think it will be closer then anyone thinks. It will pass though (knock wood)...and I was an angry drunk last night...and hated optimism even more...HF is a dangerous place to go after you booze.

So's a Rangers game.

Hopefully, you'll soon be doing both. ;)

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
PecaFan said:
Because he's smart? :) I think only a handful of players will no as well. I see 90% easily, likely 95%.

He voted that only a handful would vote YES.

It's okay, though; he was corked. :)

I personally still think 25% will vote against. One-in-four players isn't so many, especially if you factor in the fact that a no vote would be more a "I'm pissed at B or G" vote than, "Hey, maybe I can start working again" vote.

Lanny MacDonald*

nyrmessier011 said:
...HF is a dangerous place to go after you booze.

So you've been on a never ending bender for the past 12 months? ;)

Lanny MacDonald*

PitkanenPower said:
70-30, call it a gut feeling.

Who the bleep voted 0-100?

Click on the number to find out who voted for what.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I'm calling for a narrow rejection in a first vote to express displeasure at the deal, and then a 70-30 acceptance in a second vote, both votes probably held the same day.

This ends next week.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Anyone actually think the players will read this 500 pg document??? Not me. So someone/some group will draft "highlights" from which the players will make their decision. I wonder who will make the decision on who writes this summary. It could be written with a slant one way or another in order to affect opinion.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
I said 60-40 because I believe a lot of these guys still really don't get it. From the sounds of things the last few weeks they've been just as misinformed as we have and unless they have a grandeos meeting to clear the air, you're going to have your hardliners pulling a lot of guys to the no side.

With that said, regardless of the way they vote, everyone will be playing next season. :)

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
I voted 80 - 20,

Iggy in Calgary was on the Radio and he also said he would vote yes. I bet 95% of the Flames will vote "yes". Especially since the Flames Player Rep and Star player will accept it.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
80% will vote in favour ( these players are commonly referred to as sheep, and who will backstab each other for a free taco )

10% will vote to reject ( these will be the players who believe, whether right or wrong, in the principles the union took at the beginning of the strike and are willing to wait the 18-24 months that goodenow told them it would take )

10% are unable to mark an X so these ballots will be spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad