What Will the Hockey Atmosphere Be?

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
too bad you can't get a soccer style fan section in the NHL, would be pretty awesome

A couple of years ago, I took in a Sens pre-season game against Montreal from the 300s. About a section or two over, the Sens Supporters were doing generally the same stuff that you'd see & hear at a soccer game-including chanting(nothing too off-color, to be sure).

If Ottawa can do this, then so can Las Vegas.

Last edited:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
A couple of years ago, I took in a Sens pre-season game against Montreal from the 300s. About a section or two over, the Sens Supporters were doing generally the same stuff that you'd see & hear at a soccer game-including chanting(nothing too off-color, to be sure).

If Ottawa can do this, then so can Las Vegas.

We've had some great chants here in Winnipeg.

@Ovechkin: Cros-by's bet-ter Clap-clap-clap clap clap.
@Ryan Miller: Sil-ver me-dal Clap-clap-clap clap clap. (a reference to the US loss to Canada at the Olympics)
@San Jose: Who's your cap-tain? Clap-clap-clap clap clap. (after they stripped Thornton of the C and went with A's)

And then there's my personal favorite for inspired crowd input, when they trotted out a giant, screaming Tortorella cutout behind the Canucks bench while he was suspended:

calvegas04

Jun 23, 2016
Las Vegas

@Ryan Miller: Sil-ver me-dal Clap-clap-clap clap clap. (a reference to the US loss to Canada at the Olympics)
@San Jose: Who's your cap-tain? Clap-clap-clap clap clap. (after they stripped Thornton of the C and went with A's)

And then there's my personal favorite for inspired crowd input, when they trotted out a giant, screaming Tortorella cutout behind the Canucks bench while he was suspended:

all those chants are amateur

calvegas04

Jun 23, 2016
Las Vegas
OK, that's just a level of crazy we don't want to bring to our sport. Those crowds are just one Molotov cocktail short of a riot. I would say what they remind me of, but it would probably get me thread banned. ;)

Then if not Euro Soccer crazy then bring some College Football crazy to the games. Fun crazy devoted fans attract other fans and make it difficult for opposing teams.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Then if not Euro Soccer crazy then bring some College Football crazy to the games. Fun crazy devoted fans attract other fans and make it difficult for opposing teams.

I'd seriously like to get some sing along traditions going like they've got at a lot of college places. A whole crowd singing a song adds the electricity.

If they do it at Camp Randall Stadium, I'm in. Adding words to songs like they do for Dixieland Delight in Tuscaloosa, I'm also in.

That kind of stuff starts with us though.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY

Hell, I WISH we could get those types of chants in Buffalo! Instead, fans at the KeyBank Library sit on their hands and keep their mouths shut while fans from other teams run roughshod. (Though if the NHL Draft was any indication, they're starting to awaken from their slumber.)

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
As of now I have 2 tickets waiting for me in P2, if we could legit get a solid fan section going though, I'd definitely be down to reconsider anywhere. *Provided of course the "Wait List" wouldn't keep me from getting seats in it, which, given backouts and the impression I got from the last time I talked to a rep doesn't seem like it would be a problem given I'm signing on for max term.*

We should make that ****ing building roar, even if we suck.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Just watched all the Euro soccer craziness, I know it can't be, but I WANT it! :m-dance: :handclap: :yo:

(Also, coming from watching most of my games in NJ, there are more lively funerals than an average game at the Rock. Admittedly, crowd atmosphere came easier in the meadowlands when the team was crushing.)

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It's about setting the tone. We're going to have a solid base of the same people at every game. We've got to make it uncomfortable for people to sit quietly.

Viva Loud Vegas!

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
It's about setting the tone. We're going to have a solid base of the same people at every game. We've got to make it uncomfortable for people to sit quietly.

Viva Loud Vegas!

If you can afford it, go to an Erie Otters(OHL)game and take some tips from their fans. They've supported the Otters through thick and thin, and they never fail to...as someone once said..."Just BRING IT!" They are loud and(at times)crazy. (I speak from experience; I've made the roadie from Buffalo numerous times to see Otters games.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad