What will the Eagles do at #21?

What will the Eagles do at #21?

• Select name-brand CB (Henderson, Diggs, Fulton, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Select off-brand CB (Terrell, Johnson, Hall, etc.)

• Select other position

• Trade up for name-brand CB

• Trade up for off-brand WR

• Trade up for off-brand CB

• Trade up for other position

• Trade back for name-brand CB

• Trade back for off-brand CD

• Trade back for other position

• Total voters

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So most of the talk seems to be WR or CB. What does everyone think they are going to do? Not necessarily what you WANT them to do, but what do you think they WILL do? I think they are going to stay put and wind up with one of the "name-brand" WRs. When I say "name-brand" I mean the guys that people actually have going at 21 or above. I know guys I have listed as off-brand may wind up better and many people may want to take them over some of the guys I have listed as "name-brand" but I am just going by where most people have them falling in the draft.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So most of the talk seems to be WR or CB. What does everyone think they are going to do? Not necessarily what you WANT them to do, but what do you think they WILL do? I think they are going to stay put and wind up with one of the "name-brand" WRs. When I say "name-brand" I mean the guys that people actually have going at 21 or above. I know guys I have listed as off-brand may wind up better and many people may want to take them over some of the guys I have listed as "name-brand" but I am just going by where most people have them falling in the draft.

I don't really like your categories.
IMO Higgins stock right now is below the likes of Mims and on par with Reagor and Aiyuk...
I haven't seen him rated above 21 anywhere...

I also don't like Jefferson in that category but that is more personal preference. Would never trade up for that guy...

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site

Outside of the big three, not sure why any team would trade up for a wideout in this class.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I don't really like your categories.
IMO Higgins stock right now is below the likes of Mims and on par with Reagor and Aiyuk...
I haven't seen him rated above 21 anywhere...

I also don't like Jefferson in that category but that is more personal preference. Would never trade up for that guy...
As I said in the post, I'm just using what I have seen in mock drafts and how they are being talked about. The point is more the general categories. Will they take a WR or CB that is considered name-brand, or will they take on that is "off-brand" at 21? I know that the "off-brand" WRs might all turn out better than the "name-brand" ones and I know there is disagreement as to who would fall into those categories. You can consider it will the WR/CB be a pick that doesn't make you scratch your head or will it make you say "wtf he would be there in the second round!" OR will it be something altogether different?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
As I said in the post, I'm just using what I have seen in mock drafts and how they are being talked about. The point is more the general categories. Will they take a WR or CB that is considered name-brand, or will they take on that is "off-brand" at 21? I know that the "off-brand" WRs might all turn out better than the "name-brand" ones and I know there is disagreement as to who would fall into those categories. You can consider it will the WR/CB be a pick that doesn't make you scratch your head or will it make you say "wtf he would be there in the second round!" OR will it be something altogether different?

Thing is that for me there are no "name" or "off-brand" WRs because I probably spent way too much time looking into the draft class. Especially into the receivers. IMO there is a clear top3 (others include Jefferson in that tier but I just flat out don't like him so I don't) and then a larger second tier, a large third tier and so on...

Problem is that there is a large chance that there will be a run on receivers between 21 and 53 and that second tier is very likely to be gone at 53 if you lets say draft a LB in round 1.

Thats why ideally you trade down in the 1st and gain enough ressources to potentially trade up in the 2nd if necessary by doing so. That also frees you up to go BPA even if that is a LB...

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Weird stuff (good and bad) happens all the time on draft day. One weird pick or unexpected trade can change how the entire round shakes out.

Absolutely and this year you could multiply the weird factor x 100 probably. One thing that won't change though, the wide receiver class is shaping up to be a special one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad