What will the Avalanche do at 2?

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
I agree with some of the posters above. If Larsson is available I would choose him 2nd but if not I would go with Landeskog. They just seem the most NHL ready players in this draft.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Take the best available player which I would say is a Larssen. In my eyes at the worst he ends up a very solid 3-4 dman. Landeskog may never develop into a top 6 forward. But if your Avs management and you walk out with Larssen and Zibenjad or Bartschi u should be very happy!

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
A core of duchene, stastny, johnson, and larsson is just too good to pass up. Sign bryzgalov and you could win a cup within 2-3 years. But I don't think you can go wrong with any of larsson, landeskog, or huberdeau imo. And you need a solid defensive presence with all the puckmoving dman prospects you have coming up anyway. Adam Larsson is your guy!

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I would be very happy with either Landeskog or Larsson at #2, larsson is BPA but id take siemens far above any forward who will be at the 11 spot unless one of sc, hubs, or strome really fall

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
If the Oilers take RNH at 1 (which I'm 99.99% certain they will), the Avs will take Larsson. If not Larsson, they'll go for Lando. I personally want Lando, but that's just me.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Just my gut feeling that Landeskog is there #1 choice no matter what

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Landeskog. A skilled power forward would do wonders with either Stastny or Duchene. Larsson would also be a good addition, but I think they'll go for Landeskog.

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
If Larsson is still there, they go with him over Landeskog. Landeskog is talented, but there's a significant drop off in defense prospects as much as winger prospects. Let's say the Avs go with a d-man and a winger in the first round. That's possibly:

Dmen:
Larsson
-big gap-
Siemens
Hamilton
Beaulieu

Wingers:
Landeskog
-not as huge of a gap-
Huberdeau (probably not available by their next pick)
Biggs
Armia
Noesen
Ambroz
etc.

If I was the Avalanche GM I would definitely give some thought to taking Larsson with the #2 and grabbing one of the many wingers still available at 7.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Larsson is still there, they go with him over Landeskog. Landeskog is talented, but there's a significant drop off in defense prospects as much as winger prospects. Let's say the Avs go with a d-man and a winger in the first round. That's possibly:

Dmen:
Larsson
-big gap-
Siemens
Hamilton
Beaulieu

Wingers:
Landeskog
-not as huge of a gap-
Huberdeau (probably not available by their next pick)
Biggs
Armia
Noesen
Ambroz
etc.

If I was the Avalanche GM I would definitely give some thought to taking Larsson with the #2 and grabbing one of the many wingers still available at 7.

You forgot Murphy as a defenseman(and him and Hamilton seem to be a step ahead of the other defensemen). There should also be a gap between Huberdeau and the rest of the forwards(sure there may be a small gap between Landeskog and Huberdeau, but there is a *gap* between those 2 and the rest.

The defensemen after the "top 8" that will be left at 11 to me seem to be better then forwards

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I see Landeskog being the best possible fit for the Avs. Then they take Bartschi or Beaulieu...thats a dream draft imo.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I too think Landeskog would be the better option at #2 and then with #11, they could go for a dman but I think they could also parlay that pick. Edmonton going with RNH might be looking to move up and grab a dman like Siemans or Beaulieu oreven Murphy if he drops. They might be willing to move LA's 1st rounder plus pick #31 to move up 6 spots. At 17, Colorado could still draft a guy like Jonas Brodin or Oleksiak at 17 and then pick#31 they essentially add their 3rd pick in the first 31 with BPA. Just a thought as they still get a top 3 ranked prospect, and 2 more high picks.

Of course, my guys will take whichever Swede Colorado doesn't want and hope that Florida opts for Huberdeau.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Larsson fo' sho.

Colorado doesn't lack offense when they're all healthy.

SaintTavares

Jul 8, 2009
Brooklyn
there in a win win situation...they can take landeskog and let him play on a line with duchene or stastny, or take larsson, assuming he's there, and have two potential franchise d men in ej and larsson. if larsson doesnt go first, i would love to isles to try and trade for # 2 to take him, but i doubt that happens

songsinsleep

Aug 17, 2009
I have a feeling that Huberdeau is the Avs' guy, at least over Landeskog (perhaps not Larsson). They had a similar choice in last year's draft between Watson (good 2 way player, but questions about how his offensive game will translate) and Hishon (highly offensively skilled, plays with a bit of chippiness).

The Avs seemed to value the pure offensive talent over the polished 2 way game. Perhaps they'll do something similar this year. I don't think I'd mind Huberdeau.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I think the Avs are content with EJ being their future big money number 1 D. I think they go for Landeskog to replace Stewart. Maybe Huberdeau if he continues his play in the playoffs.

I suspect Larsson falls out of the top 3 over concerns with his offensive upside.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think that the Avs will draft a winger to replace Hejduk in a few years and play with Duchene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->