What will team Slovakia look like in 2025?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
The last of the old guard will obviously be gone. This is what id like to see. This is of course a lot of hope in here as this could be extremely wrong based on development.

Slafkovsky (21) - Kristof (32) - Bucek (27)
Lantosi (30) - Ruzicka (26) - Cajkovic (24)
Liska (27) - Roman (26) - Studenic (27)
Cehlarik (30) - Myklukha (23) - Panik (34)

Others (Dano, Tatar, Chromiak, Bakos, Krivosik, Hrehorcak, Sisik?)

Cernak (28) - Fehervary (26)
Jaros (29) - Knazko (23)
Bodak (27)- Turan (24)
Ivan (26) - Rosandic (30)

Others ( Gernat, Marinicin, Cajkovsky, Grman, Ziak, Chovaniak)

Huska (28)
Durny (27)
Rybar (32)

Others ( Hrenak, Tomek, Godla, Hlavaj)

Last edited:
Reactions: Faterson

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Where is Reway?

You are still operating with names, that are know today. But 6 years is in hockey a hell of long time. But im not against such predictions. Lets archive this and bring it to life in 6 years. It will be fun to browse it.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Six years is such a long time, and it's nearly impossible to project the 14, 15 and 16 year olds of today. I've gone to school with guys who played in TV-pucken (biggest stage for teenage players in Sweden) as 16 year olds but who came nowhere close sniffing hockey at any relevant level.

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Six years is such a long time, and it's nearly impossible to project the 14, 15 and 16 year olds of today. I've gone to school with guys who played in TV-pucken (biggest stage for teenage players in Sweden) as 16 year but who came nowhere close sniffing hockey at any relevant level.

I think this is a bit different in Slovakia than in Sweden though as we have only 200-300 players per birth year. The guys who are top prospects at 15-16 will almost certainly end up playing pro hockey.

The thing you can't predict completely is whether that will be in Slovak league or in NHL/top Euro league.

Reactions: hellwar9

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Six years is such a long time, and it's nearly impossible to project the 14, 15 and 16 year olds of today. I've gone to school with guys who played in TV-pucken (biggest stage for teenage players in Sweden) as 16 year olds but who came nowhere close sniffing hockey at any relevant level.
That is why I said this could be extremely wrong based on development. Also, in Sweden there is much higher chance a good player becomes a great player out of the blue. No chance in Slovakia, sorry.

AdamoR61

May 16, 2019
The last of the old guard will obviously be gone. This is what id like to see. This is of course a lot of hope in here as this could be extremely wrong based on development.

Slafkovsky (21) - Kristof (32) - Bucek (27)
Lantosi (30) - Ruzicka (26) - Cajkovic (24)
Liska (27) - Roman (26) - Studenic (27)
Cehlarik (30) - Myklukha (23) - Panik (34)

Others (Dano, Tatar, Chromiak, Bakos, Krivosik, Hrehorcak, Sisik?)

Cernak (28) - Fehervary (26)
Jaros (29) - Knazko (23)
Bodak (27)- Turan (24)
Ivan (26) - Rosandic (30)

Others ( Gernat, Marinicin, Cajkovsky, Grman, Ziak, Chovaniak)

Huska (28)
Durny (27)
Rybar (32)

Others ( Hrenak, Tomek, Godla, Hlavaj)
I'm going to take it as a compliment that my idea has been used :)

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
I think this is a bit different in Slovakia than in Sweden though as we have only 200-300 players per birth year. The guys who are top prospects at 15-16 will almost certainly end up playing pro hockey.

The thing you can't predict completely is whether that will be in Slovak league or in NHL/top Euro league.

Like really? You only have have 10-14 teams? I mean, In greater gothenburg we have more teams and players than that.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Like really? You only have have 10-14 teams? I mean, In greater gothenburg we have more teams and players than that.

There are more teams than 14 teams and I think the total number of players per birthyear at all levels is around 700-800, but if we are talking about players at a level where they are likely to play any higher than lower leagues in Slovakia in any birthyear is in the lower hundreds.

But yeah, there are under 10.000 registered hockey players of all ages in Slovakia (and that includes the few hundred of female players we have).

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Where is Reway?

You are still operating with names, that are know today. But 6 years is in hockey a hell of long time. But im not against such predictions. Lets archive this and bring it to life in 6 years. It will be fun to browse it.

Reway is pretty much done, by all accounts. It's really unfortunate but for a guy who's had career-threatening heart problems at his age and had to go to conditioning in Slovakia's 3rd tier league... I wouldn't put too much stock in him.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Reway is pretty much done, by all accounts. It's really unfortunate but for a guy who's had career-threatening heart problems at his age and had to go to conditioning in Slovakia's 3rd tier league... I wouldn't put too much stock in him.

IMO, he is not done. He had issues, but i thing, he will make some career in Europe. According to the last interview on Hokejportal, he is fit and considering, where to play. Czech or Sweden are most possible options. He is still only 24 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad