What Will Take Longer, The Search For the Oilers New GM or OJ's Search For the Real Killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yes it is. Bob knows pizza.

It is going to be KG. The ‘search’ is just a smokescreen.

Well if I ever make my way back up there I'll give it a try.

That's the most likely scenario IMO.

"We talked to a lot of people and many of them held Keith in a very high regard, almost in as high of a regard as MacT".

Reactions: Canada Drai

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Well if I ever make my way back up there I'll give it a try.

That's the most likely scenario IMO.

"We talked to a lot of people and many of them held Keith in a very high regard, almost in as high of a regard as MacT".

The presser will write itself. He'll talk about how Keith Gretzky "built" the current Bruins team and highlight how good the Oilers farm team is and how Keith is responsible for all those players despite the fact that the only Gretzky pick on the farm team this season is Yamamoto and he hasn't exactly lit it up.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The presser will write itself. He'll talk about how Keith Gretzky "built" the current Bruins team and highlight how good the Oilers farm team is and how Keith is responsible for all those players despite the fact that the only Gretzky pick on the farm team this season is Yamamoto and he hasn't exactly lit it up.

I'm not even saying that K. Gretz is bad, but at best he should remain here in his current position, not be the GM.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
"If the Corsi don't fit, you must acquit".

EU0XMSV.jpg

"Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does NOT MAKE SENSE! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with the Oilers? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this team! It does NOT MAKE SENSE! Look at me. I'm a radio host defending an NHL team, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're on your couch thinking about being a fan of this team, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed fan base, it does NOT MAKE SENSE! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."

-Bob Stauffer

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm sure they will have some sort of OBC/Hockey Canada affiliation and no interview process will be conducted

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
Next time Stauffer tries to sell his listeners on Keith Gretzky as GM, someone should ask him if he’d be a legitimate candidate for ANY other opening

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Last thread hit 1K posts. The longer it takes the more I wonder if K. Gretz might get handed the reigns.
I don't think it's been going on long enough to draw any conclusions, we haven't even started interviewing guys in earnest and we likely won't for a while with presumably more than a few assistant GMs not being available till after their team gets knocked out of the playoffs.

Reactions: McFuhryous
Oct 15, 2008
Next time Stauffer tries to sell his listeners on Keith Gretzky as GM, someone should ask him if he’d be a legitimate candidate for ANY other opening
No pizza 4 U!

He isn’t the only one. Jim Matheson was shilling for KG on twitter tonight. Would be nice if someone in the media would press the Mact/Lowe issue. This organization has become the Mickey Mouse organization that disgusted Gretzky back in the day, and now he is part of it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Last week Rishaug asked if Keith Gretzky was a candidate and Nicholson dodged the question. I don't think it's going to be KG.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
No pizza 4 U!

He isn’t the only one. Jim Matheson was shilling for KG on twitter tonight. Would be nice if someone in the media would press the Mact/Lowe issue. This organization has become the Mickey Mouse organization that disgusted Gretzky back in the day, and now he is part of it.

I've been watching his posts and almost barfing each time he shills for KG. It's disgusting.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
If it's not K. Gretzky (and I kind of don't think it should be), I'm pretty sure they'll hire someone fairly young. Not as young as Kyle Dumbass, perhaps, but under 50 anyway. My reasoning is that the Oilers always over-react to every failed attempt. Since Chiarelli's outdated philosophy made the team's transactions and signings a laughing stock, the Oilers will now try to over-compensate for this backward thinking by attempting "forward" thinking with a young'un in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->