What will JB do before the trade deadline?

What will Botterill do before the trade deadline?

• Add some viable top 4 type D by giving up at least a 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pull a Tim Murray

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Well, it's almost one month to the deadline. There is a LOT of talk of Botterill sitting on his hands. What do you really think he'll actually do?

Actually, not hope.

Gave two vote options because anything more than that is borderline unthinkable at the TDL.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
The disparity in our middle six is such a glaring weakness, and filling it might be the difference between playoffs or not. I'd be beside myself flabbergasted if it's not addressed.

Reactions: RWatson29

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Before the TDL, maybe get the Skinner deal done, other than that, nothing.

At the TDL, shed some weight from the soon to be UFA class, maybe make a trade of a player with term.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Looking at Botteril and Bailey trade.. He might be betting Bailey plays and does well as some kind of precurser to Simmonds trade.. We are small and soft and either him or Skinner gives mitts a real shot as the break may give the young guys persoective to start their second season as Pilut Mitts Tage Smith and Wilson possibly Nylander but doubtful if near playoffs get to watch film and learn to create space etc..Might be wishful thinking as Simmonds is the wrong age and but may blossom with meaningful games like Skinner...Dont know if he is net front precense but makes Kane deal a wash with that pick (conditional sign or Bailey) and maybe give D and cap dump with a lower prospect as already have Bailey ( If he gets Roster spot).. If Simmonds waives Ntc he indicates to Sabres he is honorably willing to sign .. Seems like better price than Ottawa diva and failing Schenn , I dont see a long term 2c available in the age range of Skinner but what do I know, just a feeling considering Harrington article that seems like veiled forkniwledge..

Last edited:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I think he packages Okposo with a 1st just to move Okposo off the cap. Maybe for UFA Eberle.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Depends,
1. The way the team is trending he may not have until Feb. 25th, if he deems the playoffs any type of priority.
2. If he doesn't then the off season, yet again.

Last edited:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Some scrub trade(s) for the 4th and maybe 3rd line

This sounds about right. Unless he has another Skinner coup ready, our flexibility is limited.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm expecting a nothing-burger, hoping he uses one of the 1sts to get a young-ish (26-27 at the oldest, ideally a bit younger) center with at least a couple years of term left who can grow with the team.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What I hope for:

A trade that upgrades the middle six forwards for the remainder of this season and at least another season or two.

What I expect:

A minor move or two and nothing that moves the needle for this team.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
1. Signs Skinner
2. Trades a late pick (5th or later in one of the next two drafts) for a depth forward [He has to do something.]

I think he wants to make a Scandella-for-Brassard type of trade, but I think the problems with that are (a) the Pens have eyes, and (b) Scandella is signed for another year. I'd love to see something like a 1st, Nylander, and another decent asset (Davidsson?) to LAK in a deal for one of their defenders (Martinez or Muzzin) and Toffoli, but I think that's a longshot.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
If he extends Skinner pre deadline to a reasonable deal it’ll be hard to fault other inaction. Team building happens in the offseason.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If he extends Skinner pre deadline to a reasonable deal it’ll be hard to fault other inaction. Team building happens in the offseason.

It all depends on who moves between now and the deadline and what they move for.

If more than a few guys that would help this team now and at least next season and Botts doesn't land any of them, I hope people aren't placated by a Skinner extension.

And personally, I wouldn't expect a Skinner extension before the deadline.

I think Skinner's side will want the 8th year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It'll be like the Connolly signing year, where Skinner will ink an extension and some secondary piece is moved. I'm thinking one of Beaulieu or Scandella is not on the team after the deadline.

What remains to be seen is if signing Skinner to UFA-rates after a career year is going to be a foolish decision in the near future.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Probably nothing. He might unload Beaulieu but probably not much else. This team is more than likely not going to have any reason to add anything by the time the TDL is here and unless multiple players with term on their contract are being shopped there's no reason to get into a bidding war.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad