Friedman: What will happen with Pacioretty?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
6. Sometime before Round 2, Montreal went to Max Pacioretty with a trade offer from the Kings. An extension was included. It was time-sensitive, because 2018 draft picks were included. Pacioretty said no, and switched agents to Allan Walsh. Can it be revived? Not sure. I do think the Kings considered adding two scorers, not stopping with Ilya Kovalchuk. But the issue is going to be Pacioretty’s next contract.
I do believe he would like to play in Los Angeles, but would also like to make up for what he left on the table with the Canadiens. LA can’t fit that. Pacioretty is upset and the Canadiens are upset, so even though word was they may keep him now, that’s going to be awkward if it happens. GM Marc Bergevin will revisit this, maybe depending on who misses their target on July 1.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Apparently the relationship between his agent and Bergevin ended up with Patches getting unfair offers. Since he didn't feel like his agent was representing him appropriately he changed representation.

If they make him an offer he finds fair I'm sure he'll accept the trade but if not he is better suited for free agency next year.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Apparently the relationship between his agent and Bergevin ended up with Patches getting unfair offers. Since he didn't feel like his agent was representing him appropriately he changed representation.

If they make him an offer he finds fair I'm sure he'll accept the trade but if not he is better suited for free agency next year.
have their been any rumors/speculation of a trade w/o an extension? Patches doesnt have any NTC/NMC protection

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
giphy.gif

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

Well he doesn't have a NTC so they can trade him to whoever gives them the best offer

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
have their been any rumors/speculation of a trade w/o an extension? Patches doesnt have any NTC/NMC protection

Well he doesn't have a NTC so they can trade him to whoever gives them the best offer

I'm thinking that Montreal only gets the return they want with an extension in place for him. The rental price has to be lower so Montreal is trying to make the most of their assets right now. If they're only trading him with an extension in place then Patches holds the power.

Hopefully Montreal will get off that and just sell him as a rental for as much as they can but it seems like they might wait for the deadline to do that.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Why are they even asking his permission. He doesn’t have an NT/MC.
Just trade his ass.
Because Bergevin is trying to get better value by pulling off a sign and trade. If Pacioretty says “I’m not saying unless I get X amount” and the receiving team can’t pay that, then he’s only worth a rental return.

Reactions: go4hockey

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I'm thinking that Montreal only gets the return they want with an extension in place for him. The rental price has to be lower so Montreal is trying to make the most of their assets right now. If they're only trading him with an extension in place then Patches holds the power.

Hopefully Montreal will get off that and just sell him as a rental for as much as they can but it seems like they might wait for the deadline to do that.
Teams get desperate at the deadline. For MTL's sake, you hope he has a rebound season and ship him off at the deadline regardless of if he signs an extension or not

Reactions: Laus723 and Taytro

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
I should hope they'd hold onto him until the reg season unless someone really knocks their socks off. Patch is coming off a 96.8 PDO season. Selling now is dumb. His value will only increase upon playing some games

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

They must have been some low valued contracts being offered if MTL isn't trading w/o extension, Patches refusing extensions and then subsequently fires his agent. Good on him, Kane got 7x7 (albeit younger), JVR/Perron/Neal are similar aged, wait to see the $$$ they get

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
They must have been some low valued contracts being offered if MTL isn't trading w/o extension, Patches refusing extensions and then subsequently fires his agent. Good on him, Kane got 7x7 (albeit younger), JVR/Perron/Neal are similar aged, wait to see the $$$ they get

I was thinking the same thing. Must have been offensive offers for him to take that action but apparently Brisson and Bergevin are good friends so there was a conflict of interest between Patches trying to get his full worth and Brisson being loyal to his friend Bergevin. About as unprofessional as I would expect though.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
He should of just took the trade offer.The kings have a lot of talent and he just adds to the mix they could be a contender with him

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
really?...have you seen him play lately?.....IMO it will continue to decrease
disagree - patches gets shit on soooooo hard on these boards its ridiculous. From his current status, his value can only improve. Its shitty to see whats going on with him in MTL but the dude can score and will make any team better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->