What will happen with Michalek?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Michalek is still a very valuable player for this team, if he is affordable they should consider re-signing him. It wouldn't hurt the team at all, even if he ends up on the 2nd or 3rd line, he makes the team better. In Fact, Ottawa could use another top six forward who can provide some scoring, they have almost everything else. The defence needs to mature a little more & the forwards have to play a smarter game with less turnovers & penalties.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I remember McKeen's had him projected for a massive season back when he was in San Jose (maybe 90 points or in that range).

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
It's not the same tier, but his situations reminds me of Pavel Bure. He's basically the same style of player just a tier below (ie not elite, but very good).. and his game is being robbed from him because his knees are deteriorating so rapidly. He doesn't know what his game is without his top end speed.

And yes, I was going to post this earlier but had to wait before I got home from work, I did just see him score on a beauty shot.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Looks good tonight. And sure he might have lost a little speed but not even close to the exaggeration some of you are making it seem.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Michalek would score 1 goal every 5 games, somehow get a fluke assist(pretty sure it was supposed to be Ryans) and act horrible for the rest of the time.

That open chance he had in the slot to shoot but he let it hop over his stick and that horrible play on Anderson was the turning point.

You don't win championships with Michalek on your topline. Plain and simple.

Herping Derps*

I think it breaks down as simple as this.

We need a guy like him, as there isn't really anyone in the system to replace him (maybe move Zbad to wing and Pageau to 3rd line c). Unfortunately, his next contract is going to be too expensive/dicey for this team to sign. Unless there's a hometown discount, I can't see it happening.

Similar money would be better spent on an upgrade on D, either through off season UFA, or trade deadline deal. He's not a bad player (as in, decent value for money), but paying any more than his current cap would be madness for this fiscally strapped team.

So he walks, gets his retirement contact, and this team floats around the playoff bubble again by trying top find another cup winning piece.

9mm on the 1st line isn't the teams answer to being a contender, but as a 2nd or 3rd line (rolling 3 lines) winger, he most certainly is.

melnyk budget*

funny thing about michalek is that even with all the hate he gets from this fanbase, he will still end up top 4 in goals for this team.

he will easily get 5mil+ as a ufa.

losing him and replacing him with stone or another nhl unproven prospect is a huge risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad