What will happen with Michalek?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's one of four forwards we have that have ever had a 50+ point season, and only one of three that have topped 30 goals. He's not the prettiest player but he gets the job done. People want to replace him with a young player - we don't have anyone that is capable of replacing his production, at least not yet.

He's also fairly cheap for what he produces, 4.3 is really not that bad. And with his injury trouble he's unlikely to get a huge deal from someone. I have no idea what will happen with him but its weird how little respect he gets and how people want to just dump him for whatever we can get. Even this season he hasn't been amazing but has 5 pts in 9 games.

Good post ... I think he is re-signed but it could come down to re-signing one of Michalek or Phillips & I would pick Michalek. Michalek plays a 200`game, his defensive game is very under rated here.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think his future is going to depend on how Stone develops

If Stone is able to make it to the NHL we don't really need Michalek

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
he will resign with the Sens and i would like that too.

Don't see anyone ready in the system for a top 6 wing role and i rather have Michalek there than Conacher and Macarthur due to size and speed

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
he will resign with the Sens and i would like that too.

Don't see anyone ready in the system for a top 6 wing role and i rather have Michalek there than Conacher and Macarthur due to size and speed

Michalek is not a top 6 winger either. He has been mostly invisible in all the games he played so far. He needs to be sent down to either the second or third line imo. MacAuthor at least shows up and contributes in some way while Michalek is not really contributing in any way so far.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
He needs to park his ass in front of the net or get his shot off in the slot, with that said I'm sure his game will start to pick up soon. They resign him if he produces.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lmfao this thread a joke.

Anyone advocating for Michalek to be re-signed is out of their ****ing minds.

He is brutal in all facets of the game. Imagine Clarkson... without goalscoring... and hitting.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Lmfao this thread a joke.

Anyone advocating for Michalek to be re-signed is out of their ****ing minds.

He is brutal in all facets of the game. Imagine Clarkson... without goalscoring... and hitting.

He is a good 2 way forward, give it a little more time. As long as he doesn't hold onto the puck to long his game will pickup.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
3 years / $12 million. Not a penny more.

He is a good 2 way forward, give it a little more time. As long as he doesn't hold onto the puck to long his game will pickup.

I'm not discrediting him from the talent he possesses but because he is playing very afraid out there to get injured again we will rarely see it.

He could have had great career if it wasn't for his injuries.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Based on what I've seen this season I'd resign him if we could for a serious hometown discount. His game is not what it was and I'd wager a lot of money he never gets 30 ever again. He's been playing with one of the best playmakers of the last decade and his numbers, given his ice-time and the talent he's been playing with, is very mediocre. Good guy, defensively solid, big body, good PKer - but he has lost some speed and his hands have disappeared. Right now at his best he looks like Greening at his best. I'd rather see what one of the prospects could do with 9MM's opportunity. For the amount I'd resign him for, I think he goes somewhere else and I'm OK with that. He's been good for us and salvaged the Heatley debacle for the organization, especially for Murray, but he's in serious decline. Thanks 9MM - I hope you get paid, but it's probably not going to be here.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
I really want to resign him,
We will basically be looking for another top line winger again if he leaves.

We are already looking for another top line winger with him on the team, because he's not very good.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

i'm not sure if/when he will improve, but as of right now he is a 3rd liner. if he continues this way till the end of the yr.(unlikely), i'd be happy to have him back as a 3rd liner on a 3rd liner salary.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
If he continues his current play, he won't be resigned. Younger bodies can do more with less money. Don't forget he is making 6 mil this year. Maybe that pressure is getting to him, but he does not look anything like he was two seasons ago.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Quit picking on Michalek. He'd be a great player if he knew how to play. I'll bet you BM's phone is ringing off the hook with 3 for 1 trade offers for him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
This is what Milo should get:

photo.jpg

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I think the dollar figures in the negotiations will be easier to agree upon than the term. With the bum knee that seems to have slowed his game down I doubt the team would want anything beyond a year or two at the absolute most. I think he will be shooting for a 3 or 4 year deal, which will lead to exploring the UFA market.

Losing him next season, if it happens, will be huge. We don't have anyone at the point in their development who can step in and take his place. Even when he is not producing a ton of goals he is still playing a solid all around game, and he is drawing against the other team's top D. Putting a rookie in that spot is setting that player up for failure.

I am not sure what type of value we would get for him if we try to make a deadline deal. He is an upcoming UFA, he is coming off of injuries, and he is pretty mediocre in the playoffs even when he is healthy. If it is a matter of getting a 3rd or a 4th round pick for him I'd rather see us keep him and let him walk in the off season.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
He's one of four forwards we have that have ever had a 50+ point season, and only one of three that have topped 30 goals. He's not the prettiest player but he gets the job done. People want to replace him with a young player - we don't have anyone that is capable of replacing his production, at least not yet.

He's also fairly cheap for what he produces, 4.3 is really not that bad. And with his injury trouble he's unlikely to get a huge deal from someone. I have no idea what will happen with him but its weird how little respect he gets and how people want to just dump him for whatever we can get. Even this season he hasn't been amazing but has 5 pts in 9 games.

Well said. I'd be upset if we lost him for nothing. He's one of my favorites.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Some of the love for Michalek is astonishing, this guy is TERRIBLE. He had 1 good season and after than he's been pure trash. Either hurt, or soft on the puck or plain inconsistent. In addition, I don't think he's a top 6 player anymore with all the knee issues. He consistently losing his balance and losing puck battles.

Personally I would trade him now while his value is high. For the love of all that's mighty DO NOT RESIGN HIM.

spezza111*

I really want to resign him,
We will basically be looking for another top line winger again if he leaves.

You are a fool. Why on earth would anyone sign a dead weight that hogs top ice time>??!!?!?!?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad