What will happen at the 2007 draft kinda mock draft

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
im hoping that phoenix takes JVR in this case, LA takes alzner, the caps take cherepanov, the oilers take gagner, and the CBJ take voracek :D...that wont happen though but ill be disappointed if we dont come out with voracek but i'll settle for gagner or cherepanov

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
#3. Phoenix Coyotes : Sam Gagner[/B]

The Phoenix Coyotes need a good play-maker badly to stabilize that offensive. They are looking at many options right now.I am told one of the current London Knights, Sam Gagner , is very attractive for them.
If you were able to look at the draft lists of each of the 30 NHL clubs, you’d be amazed at the lack of consensus. While fans sit down to watch the draft on TV with The Hockey News list, the CSB list, the Red Line Report list or the International Scouting Services list, the general managers and scouting directors have their own carefully detailed and compiled lists. No pick this year would be a “reach.â€

#21. Phoenix Coyotes (DAL) : David Perron

Wayne likes the small offensive players, Perron is a nice pick for them.

I don't know where you're hearing the Coyotes want Gagner, but this is the first I've heard of it. Further, the "Coyotes need a good play-maker badly" comment makes it pretty obvious you don't know the Coyotes all that well. Our top three center prospects (Peter Mueller, Martin Hanzal and Alex Kaigorodov) are all playmakers. We need finishers. Wayne Gretzky has said as much.

As for Wayne liking small offensive players, where does this come from? If anything, the Coyotes have a (somewhat undeserved) reputation for drafting big players. The majority of their prospects, specifically in the forward corps, is composed of bigger players.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I personally think someone's going to grab him in the 10-15 range. Someone has to gamble on him.

The panthers have rolled the dice with Frolik and Olesz 2 of the past 3 drafts and I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to see Florida pick Eller or Backlund at 10.

GNick42

Why would the Habs take Marshall in the first round when they could get him in the second if not third round?

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
I cant see the Rangers taking a defenseman. They need a guy with top line potential, Backlund might fit better at 17.

I agree.. Petrecki is the only D that late that I'd see the Rangers taking but he goes one pick ahead in your mock.

Backlund is a STRONG bet for the Rangers and maybe Colton Gillies who has shot up the rankings lately

JeffShibley

Jul 31, 2005
I would love it if the ducks came out of the draft with petrecki, I just hope he's stiill available.

winfive

Apr 10, 2007
Also as an Oiler fan I think,if we retain our first 3 picks ,that VRDyke will be gone and Gagner will be our first choice (need a puck carrier to help the PP) followed by Sweatt and Legein,as you suggest,to bookend and match Cogliano's speed.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
#25. Vancouver Canucks : Max Pacioretty
Pacioretty is very under-rated so far, they like snipers like him.

There is a lot the Canucks would like about Pacioretty if he were a RW with a right handed shot.

The only forwards with RH shots on the team are Linden (who may retire), Smolinsky (who will not be re-signed), Kesler (who is a centre) and Santala (who won't be re-signed). If Linden retires that leaves Kesler as the only RH shot.

Of our top forward prospects, there are only Jannik Hansen, Juraj Simej and Sergei Shirakov (unless you count Jesse Schultz) whom are RH shots.

Our depth at RW right now is Taylor Pyatt, Trevor Linden and Alex Burrows. That's it. On the left side we have Daniel Sedin, Naslund, Cooke and Cowan. Prospects Grabner and Hansen play RW and Mason Raymond and Juraj Simek are naturally LWers.

Given that the talent drop off between 20 and 30 is not so significant, I think the Canucks will likely go for a RW or C over a LW and would favour a RH shot. But .. with Naslund's contract expiring next year, and with free agency, by the time any of these players reach the NHL, the team's needs could have shifted quite a bit.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
#1. Chicago Blackhawks : Kyle Turris

The Flyers want Patrick Kane badly. You can expect some negociations between Chicago and Philadelphia. I heard Dave Talon prefer Turris.

#2. Philadelphia Flyers : Patrick Kane

The Hawks may be looking to get the Flyers to swap picks by adding another first rounder to assure Kane is a Flyer.Flyers fans would like Kane for sure, since he wears # 88 and most flyers fans have a few #88 jerseys lying around that could be easily and cheaply converted...

Seriously, did you just make this up? I have NEVER heard Kane + Flyers referred to in this manner at all. It's Turris the flyers are hot on. Pretty much every publication in touch with what is going on with the flyers universally states this point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->