What will happen at the 2007 draft kinda mock draft

Discussion in 'Mock Drafts' started by Louis Houde, Jun 5, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Louis Houde

Louis Houde Registered User

student
    #1. Chicago Blackhawks : Kyle Turris

The Flyers want Patrick Kane badly. You can expect some negociations between Chicago and Philadelphia. I heard Dave Talon prefer Turris.

#2. Philadelphia Flyers : Patrick Kane

The Hawks may be looking to get the Flyers to swap picks by adding another first rounder to assure Kane is a Flyer.Flyers fans would like Kane for sure, since he wears # 88 and most flyers fans have a few #88 jerseys lying around that could be easily and cheaply converted...

#3. Phoenix Coyotes : Sam Gagner

The Phoenix Coyotes need a good play-maker badly to stabilize that offensive. They are looking at many options right now.I am told one of the current London Knights, Sam Gagner , is very attractive for them.
    If you were able to look at the draft lists of each of the 30 NHL clubs, you’d be amazed at the lack of consensus. While fans sit down to watch the draft on TV with The Hockey News list, the CSB list, the Red Line Report list or the International Scouting Services list, the general managers and scouting directors have their own carefully detailed and compiled lists. No pick this year would be a “reach.”

#4. Los Angeles Kings : Jakub Voracek

It’s my understanding that there were a lot of kings' scouts at the Mooseheads games in playoff. If you’ve seen Voracek play recently, you won’t find any better pro game-style player.
    At 6-3 and over 200 pounds, he impressed a lot of scouts with his frame.Jakub Voracek struggled a bit on the bench press during the combine but he still got time to gain weight and bulk up.

#5. Washington Capitals : Karl Alzner

Yes they need a puck moving defenseman. But I think the issue has more to do .... they badly need a well-rounded defense-man with some offensive skills. Alzner seems to fit perfectly with the caps. He is a coach-able, skillful, responsible, hard working, respectful and totally unselfish player who puts his team first all the time.

#6. Edmonton Oilers : James Van Riemsdyk

Shawn Horcoff, Jarret Stoll and Joffrey Lupul are not the type of centre Ales Hemsky seems to need. Oilers organisation are quite scared of Cherepanov for two reasons. First, a bad experience with euros like Alexei Mikhnov and Jesse Niinimaki and the lack of transfer agreement. I am told they like what they have seen so far from VanRiemsdyk.

#7. Columbus Blue Jackets : Kevin Shattenkirk

They need badly some help from the blueline. Altho Cherepanov is still on board, they already have enought firepower with Brule,Nash,Vyborny and Modin. Shattenkirk is a good fit for Columbus.

#8. Boston Bruins : Keaton Ellerby

Will they let Cherepanov fall again? The awnser is yes! The bruins would like to have a solid pair with Chara. Ellerby got the size,wheels and agressiveness to play with Chara. They might also take McDonagh but prefer Ellerby size.

#9. St. Louis Blues : Alexei Cherepanov

The blues wont let a top 5 talent pick fall further, they need that high-skilled type player badly. Of course, it's a wild card, we cant be sure if he's cross over the ocean to play in north america and if his slow skating will affect him gamestyle. The blues can handle the gamble because they are in reconstruction mode.

#10. Florida Panthers : Zach Hamill

Panthers like offensive forward like Hamill. He produced very well in the whl. Florida seems to fit perfectly with Hamill's type of game.

#11. Carolina Hurricanes : Ryan McDonagh

Anton Babchuck, Jack Johnson gone. They need good defense-man. Bret Hedican and Glen Wesley are not getting younger. McDonagh is the perfect fit for Carolina.

#12. Montréal Canadiens : Logan Couture

Montréal are quite sad about loosing McDonagh and Shattenkirk on the draft. I've been told that the habs are quite low on Petrecki. They will gladly take Couture. He's a good two-way player Trevor Timmins like. His skating is an issue but his heart is too big to pass on.. and yes they say no to Esposito.

#13. Toronto Maple Leafs : Angelo Esposito

This is quite a shock for french canadians hockey fans, we let the homeboy to the enemy side. Of course, the leafs would never let Esposito fall again. They are ready to take they gamble to produce the next Patrice Bergeron, a french guy to piss on the habs.

#14. Colorado Avalanche : Lars Eller

I am told that Colorado scouts heavily scouted in Frolunda. Lars Eller is their guy from the start. He got all the tools and the character to be a super-star. Of course, his native land and his questionable physical play are the only two reasons why he's picked at 14th.

#15. Edmonton Oilers (NYI) : Bill Sweatt

Very mature,good pro hockey style. He's going great both side of the puck. The oilers will be very pleased to have a winner like Sweatt.

#16. Anaheim Ducks (TB) : Nick Petrecki
    The scouting chief of Anaheim said on rds that he will take a guy with less talent but more grit. Petrecki seems to fit.

#17. New York Rangers : Jonathan Blum

They need a puck-moving defense-man to play with Staal and Sanguinetti. He's going to do great with the rangers.

#18. Calgary Flames : Brandon Sutter

Be sure Sutter will be picked by the flames. He's a Sutter, he's a lanky centre and plays a nice two-way game.

#19. Minnesota Wild : Patrick White

They loved how White played during the WC in Sweden. He's well rounded, impressive hands and a neat vision.

#20. Pittsburgh Penguins : Brett MacLean

From what I've been told, Pittsburgh have to take a guy between MacLean and Perron to play LW. MacLean would have the advantage so far.

#21. Phoenix Coyotes (DAL) : David Perron

Wayne likes the small offensive players, Perron is a nice pick for them.

#22. Montreal Canadiens (SJ) : Kevin Marshall

They need defense-man. Kevin Marshall is a sleeper, did very well during the lewiston playoff.

#23. Philadelphia Flyers (NSH) : Mikael Backlund
    He's exactly what the flyers need.

#24. St. Louis Blues (ATL) : Jeremy Smith

They got 3 picks, they will certainly select the best goaler in the draft.

#25. Vancouver Canucks : Max Pacioretty
    Pacioretty is very under-rated so far, they like snipers like him.

#26. St. Louis Blues (NJD) : Dana Tyrell

Hard working with skills, that's what the Blues need to re-build a good franchise.

#27. Detroit Red Wings : Simon Hjalmarsson

Detroit loves the swede, he's great, could be the 'next' Zetterberg

#28. Washington Capitals (BUF) : Mark Katic

Katic and Alzner would build a solid blue-liner duo.

#29. Ottawa Senators : Logan MacMillan

Heart and soul, that's what they need.

#30. Edmonton Oilers (ANA) : Stefan Legein

A little pest with impressive strengh, Lowe is sold on Legein

2. Cerebral

Cerebral Registered User

Teacher
    No Mayorov? I'd be pretty surprised if he falls out of the first round, he's being listed as a top 10 pick on many mock drafts.

3. funktasticblues93

funktasticblues93 Registered User

Pretty good, but I don't see the Blues picking a goalie with their second first, also I don't see Cherepanov dropping to 9th overall. Other than that good list, well thought out

4. Ville Isopaa

Ville Isopaa Registered User

Lawyer
    Home Page:
    I don't really think Shattenkirk really fills an organisational need in Columbus. They have a better small offensive defenseman in Russell. If they'd go for a defenseman, they'd probably go for Ellerby instead of Shattenkirk if the top 6 picks would go like this.

5. Louis Houde

Louis Houde Registered User

student
    Mayorov stock as been falling a lot. He had an injury during the WC in Sweden. He got very good abilities but he's a huge risk guy, he has bust written all over.

Thanks, Cherepanov could drop farther than the 9th overall. The lack of transfer agreement is more a pain in the ass than more people think. For the goalie pick, i've been told that they like Jeremy Smith, thats why i see the blues picking a goalie with their second first.

Shattenkirk is quite better than Ellerby. Kevin got better overall offensive and defensive abilities than Ellerby. Huge defense-man are not hard to find,.. but great defense-man like Shattenkirk are expensive on the trade market.

6. No Quarter*

No Quarter* Guest

I like Oscar Moller for the Pens.
    He seems like a Ray shero kinda guy that brings it night in night out.

7. BadBruins

BadBruins Registered User

Although it's not out of the question, I highly doubt the Bruins use their top 10 pick to select a D-man.

8. Schooner Guy

Schooner Guy Registered User

There's no way JVR falls that far down. He'll go top 4 for certain.....likely top 3.

9. 40oz

40oz ..........

as an oilers fan i would like to thank you.
    but i would question Legein at 30th just would personally go with someone like Mayorov because with 3 picks i could see the oilers taking a chance with their third pick.

10. ALA YotesPhan

ALA YotesPhan Registered User

working
    Home Page:
    Phoenix has Mueller and Hanzal as "play-makers"
    J Van Riemsdyk makes more sense at LW

11. jreid19

jreid19 Registered User

Who knew Ek posted on HF:dunno:

12. veronesepk

veronesepk Registered User

There's no way Mayorov slips out of the first round, there's no way Cherepanov slips to 9, and there's ABSOLUTELY no way that the Blues will pick Smith with their 2nd first rounder (as the team already has 3 possible starting goalies in their farm system).

13. Cherepanov 71

Cherepanov 71 Registered User

I cant see the Rangers taking a defenseman. They need a guy with top line potential, Backlund might fit better at 17.

14. EroCaps

EroCaps Registered User

Nice player profiles, but to chime in for Washington, taking Alzner over the next best forward would be a mistake, IMO. They're looking to add experienced defensemen this offseason and have drafted multiple 1st round defensemen over the past few years.

15. GKJ

GKJ Global Moderator

Actually, it's Turris that the Flyers "want badly" they've seen and spoken to him more than any other draft prospect.

16. I give you credit Soldat, you weren't scared of making gutsy picks in your mock. :)

17. friction

friction 5-14-6-1

Edmonton will not draft 3 times in the first round. They're going to be trying hard to include one or two of those picks in a deal. Also Lupul is not a centre, he's a RW. Otherwise, really interesting read!

18. PHX FireBirds18

PHX FireBirds18 Registered User

The coyotes have playmaking prospects in Kaigorodov, Mueller, and Hanzal. Gretzky just recently said that the coyotes need scoring wingers badly. My guess is that they won't take Gagner, although that takes nothing away from him as a player.

19. Zim

Zim Registered User

It's Dale Tallon btw but that is a minor detail. Tallon has been doing quite well in hiding who he is going to pick. He does seem to have narrowed it down to Kane or Turris. Everyday you see an article when he is talking about one or the other and I don't think anybody knows for sure who he is going to take. Hell i'm not sure he even knows himelf.

20. Jori

Jori Registered User

Home Page:
    Eller is one of the handful of players I wouldn't mind the Avs taking at #14, though I have Petrecki number one on my board for Colorado.

21. Cush

Cush Winny!

the Caps have plenty of puck movers in their system, they need more 'stay at home' types

22. Meichel Kane

Meichel Kane My Name Is

I personally think someone's going to grab him in the 10-15 range. Someone has to gamble on him.

23. MojoJojo

MojoJojo Registered User

Home Page:
    :biglaugh:

As for the rest of E3's post, is the difference between #5 and #1 great enough to even warrant a third round pick? Kane is not even the consensus #1, yet the Flyers are giving up their other first rounder(#23) for a shot at him? I mean, the poster here(E3 again?) even has the Flyers taking Backlund with that pick. Turris + Backlund > Kane

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  24. usiel

usiel Aegrescit medendo Sponsor

musician/ts
    Home Page:
    I would have to second this as a caps fan.

25. The_Hockey_Guy18

The_Hockey_Guy18 Registered User

Petrecki is #3 on my list for the Avs.

1. Billy Sweatt
    2. Lars Eller
    3. Nick Petrecki

Any of those three would make me very happy.