What will happen at the 2007 draft kinda mock draft

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
#1. Chicago Blackhawks : Kyle Turris

The Flyers want Patrick Kane badly. You can expect some negociations between Chicago and Philadelphia. I heard Dave Talon prefer Turris.

#2. Philadelphia Flyers : Patrick Kane

The Hawks may be looking to get the Flyers to swap picks by adding another first rounder to assure Kane is a Flyer.Flyers fans would like Kane for sure, since he wears # 88 and most flyers fans have a few #88 jerseys lying around that could be easily and cheaply converted...

#3. Phoenix Coyotes : Sam Gagner

The Phoenix Coyotes need a good play-maker badly to stabilize that offensive. They are looking at many options right now.I am told one of the current London Knights, Sam Gagner , is very attractive for them.
If you were able to look at the draft lists of each of the 30 NHL clubs, you’d be amazed at the lack of consensus. While fans sit down to watch the draft on TV with The Hockey News list, the CSB list, the Red Line Report list or the International Scouting Services list, the general managers and scouting directors have their own carefully detailed and compiled lists. No pick this year would be a “reach.”

#4. Los Angeles Kings : Jakub Voracek

It’s my understanding that there were a lot of kings' scouts at the Mooseheads games in playoff. If you’ve seen Voracek play recently, you won’t find any better pro game-style player.
At 6-3 and over 200 pounds, he impressed a lot of scouts with his frame.Jakub Voracek struggled a bit on the bench press during the combine but he still got time to gain weight and bulk up.

#5. Washington Capitals : Karl Alzner

Yes they need a puck moving defenseman. But I think the issue has more to do .... they badly need a well-rounded defense-man with some offensive skills. Alzner seems to fit perfectly with the caps. He is a coach-able, skillful, responsible, hard working, respectful and totally unselfish player who puts his team first all the time.

#6. Edmonton Oilers : James Van Riemsdyk

Shawn Horcoff, Jarret Stoll and Joffrey Lupul are not the type of centre Ales Hemsky seems to need. Oilers organisation are quite scared of Cherepanov for two reasons. First, a bad experience with euros like Alexei Mikhnov and Jesse Niinimaki and the lack of transfer agreement. I am told they like what they have seen so far from VanRiemsdyk.

#7. Columbus Blue Jackets : Kevin Shattenkirk

They need badly some help from the blueline. Altho Cherepanov is still on board, they already have enought firepower with Brule,Nash,Vyborny and Modin. Shattenkirk is a good fit for Columbus.

#8. Boston Bruins : Keaton Ellerby

Will they let Cherepanov fall again? The awnser is yes! The bruins would like to have a solid pair with Chara. Ellerby got the size,wheels and agressiveness to play with Chara. They might also take McDonagh but prefer Ellerby size.

#9. St. Louis Blues : Alexei Cherepanov

The blues wont let a top 5 talent pick fall further, they need that high-skilled type player badly. Of course, it's a wild card, we cant be sure if he's cross over the ocean to play in north america and if his slow skating will affect him gamestyle. The blues can handle the gamble because they are in reconstruction mode.

#10. Florida Panthers : Zach Hamill

Panthers like offensive forward like Hamill. He produced very well in the whl. Florida seems to fit perfectly with Hamill's type of game.

#11. Carolina Hurricanes : Ryan McDonagh

Anton Babchuck, Jack Johnson gone. They need good defense-man. Bret Hedican and Glen Wesley are not getting younger. McDonagh is the perfect fit for Carolina.

#12. Montréal Canadiens : Logan Couture

Montréal are quite sad about loosing McDonagh and Shattenkirk on the draft. I've been told that the habs are quite low on Petrecki. They will gladly take Couture. He's a good two-way player Trevor Timmins like. His skating is an issue but his heart is too big to pass on.. and yes they say no to Esposito.

#13. Toronto Maple Leafs : Angelo Esposito

This is quite a shock for french canadians hockey fans, we let the homeboy to the enemy side. Of course, the leafs would never let Esposito fall again. They are ready to take they gamble to produce the next Patrice Bergeron, a french guy to piss on the habs.

#14. Colorado Avalanche : Lars Eller

I am told that Colorado scouts heavily scouted in Frolunda. Lars Eller is their guy from the start. He got all the tools and the character to be a super-star. Of course, his native land and his questionable physical play are the only two reasons why he's picked at 14th.

#15. Edmonton Oilers (NYI) : Bill Sweatt

Very mature,good pro hockey style. He's going great both side of the puck. The oilers will be very pleased to have a winner like Sweatt.

#16. Anaheim Ducks (TB) : Nick Petrecki
The scouting chief of Anaheim said on rds that he will take a guy with less talent but more grit. Petrecki seems to fit.

#17. New York Rangers : Jonathan Blum

They need a puck-moving defense-man to play with Staal and Sanguinetti. He's going to do great with the rangers.

#18. Calgary Flames : Brandon Sutter

Be sure Sutter will be picked by the flames. He's a Sutter, he's a lanky centre and plays a nice two-way game.

#19. Minnesota Wild : Patrick White

They loved how White played during the WC in Sweden. He's well rounded, impressive hands and a neat vision.

#20. Pittsburgh Penguins : Brett MacLean

From what I've been told, Pittsburgh have to take a guy between MacLean and Perron to play LW. MacLean would have the advantage so far.

#21. Phoenix Coyotes (DAL) : David Perron

Wayne likes the small offensive players, Perron is a nice pick for them.

#22. Montreal Canadiens (SJ) : Kevin Marshall

They need defense-man. Kevin Marshall is a sleeper, did very well during the lewiston playoff.

#23. Philadelphia Flyers (NSH) : Mikael Backlund
He's exactly what the flyers need.

#24. St. Louis Blues (ATL) : Jeremy Smith

They got 3 picks, they will certainly select the best goaler in the draft.

#25. Vancouver Canucks : Max Pacioretty
Pacioretty is very under-rated so far, they like snipers like him.

#26. St. Louis Blues (NJD) : Dana Tyrell

Hard working with skills, that's what the Blues need to re-build a good franchise.

#27. Detroit Red Wings : Simon Hjalmarsson

Detroit loves the swede, he's great, could be the 'next' Zetterberg

#28. Washington Capitals (BUF) : Mark Katic

Katic and Alzner would build a solid blue-liner duo.

#29. Ottawa Senators : Logan MacMillan

Heart and soul, that's what they need.

#30. Edmonton Oilers (ANA) : Stefan Legein

A little pest with impressive strengh, Lowe is sold on Legein

funktasticblues93

Jun 3, 2006
st. louis mo.
Pretty good, but I don't see the Blues picking a goalie with their second first, also I don't see Cherepanov dropping to 9th overall. Other than that good list, well thought out

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I don't really think Shattenkirk really fills an organisational need in Columbus. They have a better small offensive defenseman in Russell. If they'd go for a defenseman, they'd probably go for Ellerby instead of Shattenkirk if the top 6 picks would go like this.

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
No Mayorov? I'd be pretty surprised if he falls out of the first round, he's being listed as a top 10 pick on many mock drafts.

Mayorov stock as been falling a lot. He had an injury during the WC in Sweden. He got very good abilities but he's a huge risk guy, he has bust written all over.

Pretty good, but I don't see the Blues picking a goalie with their second first, also I don't see Cherepanov dropping to 9th overall. Other than that good list, well thought out
Thanks, Cherepanov could drop farther than the 9th overall. The lack of transfer agreement is more a pain in the ass than more people think. For the goalie pick, i've been told that they like Jeremy Smith, thats why i see the blues picking a goalie with their second first.

I don't really think Shattenkirk really fills an organisational need in Columbus. They have a better small offensive defenseman in Russell. If they'd go for a defenseman, they'd probably go for Ellerby instead of Shattenkirk if the top 6 picks would go like this.

Shattenkirk is quite better than Ellerby. Kevin got better overall offensive and defensive abilities than Ellerby. Huge defense-man are not hard to find,.. but great defense-man like Shattenkirk are expensive on the trade market.

No Quarter*

I like Oscar Moller for the Pens.
He seems like a Ray shero kinda guy that brings it night in night out.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Although it's not out of the question, I highly doubt the Bruins use their top 10 pick to select a D-man.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
There's no way JVR falls that far down. He'll go top 4 for certain.....likely top 3.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
as an oilers fan i would like to thank you.
but i would question Legein at 30th just would personally go with someone like Mayorov because with 3 picks i could see the oilers taking a chance with their third pick.

jreid19

May 8, 2007
...#2. Philadelphia Flyers : Patrick Kane

The Hawks may be looking to get the Flyers to swap picks by adding another first rounder to assure Kane is a Flyer.Flyers fans would like Kane for sure, since he wears # 88 and most flyers fans have a few #88 jerseys lying around that could be easily and cheaply converted......

Eklund said:
The Blackhawks may be "bluffing" when it comes to the word they are putting out about Patrick Kane being their guy. In fact a few people told me they are "Absolutely bluffing" basically because Luce, the ex-scout for the Sabres, now Flyers, has a really close personal relationship with Kane, and in fact I have even heard talk that Kane lived with him for a while a few years back. Luce is an amazing find for the Flyers, and only became available because the Sabres went to purely video scouting...a controversial cost-cutting move among NHL scouts who still feel you need to be there in person and meet a guy to know what you are truly getting...especially in the latter rounds. So the Hawks may be looking to get the Flyers to swap picks by adding another first rounder to assure Kane is a Flyer...That would give the Flyers back that pick that they fought so little for so long last year to get only to lose it due to a MAGIC ping pong ball. Flyers fans would like Kane for sure, since he wears # 88 and most FLyers fans have a few #88 jerseys lying around that could be easily and cheaply converted... But many question if he is really a wing at his size...As one writer noted, "only Paul Kariya has really been able to be that potent at that size from the wing in the NHL."

Who knew Ek posted on HF:dunno:

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005
Mayorov stock as been falling a lot. He had an injury during the WC in Sweden. He got very good abilities but he's a huge risk guy, he has bust written all over.

Thanks, Cherepanov could drop farther than the 9th overall. The lack of transfer agreement is more a pain in the ass than more people think. For the goalie pick, i've been told that they like Jeremy Smith, thats why i see the blues picking a goalie with their second first.

There's no way Mayorov slips out of the first round, there's no way Cherepanov slips to 9, and there's ABSOLUTELY no way that the Blues will pick Smith with their 2nd first rounder (as the team already has 3 possible starting goalies in their farm system).

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Nice player profiles, but to chime in for Washington, taking Alzner over the next best forward would be a mistake, IMO. They're looking to add experienced defensemen this offseason and have drafted multiple 1st round defensemen over the past few years.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Actually, it's Turris that the Flyers "want badly" they've seen and spoken to him more than any other draft prospect.

Transported Upstater

I give you credit Soldat, you weren't scared of making gutsy picks in your mock. :)

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Edmonton will not draft 3 times in the first round. They're going to be trying hard to include one or two of those picks in a deal. Also Lupul is not a centre, he's a RW. Otherwise, really interesting read!

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
The coyotes have playmaking prospects in Kaigorodov, Mueller, and Hanzal. Gretzky just recently said that the coyotes need scoring wingers badly. My guess is that they won't take Gagner, although that takes nothing away from him as a player.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
It's Dale Tallon btw but that is a minor detail. Tallon has been doing quite well in hiding who he is going to pick. He does seem to have narrowed it down to Kane or Turris. Everyday you see an article when he is talking about one or the other and I don't think anybody knows for sure who he is going to take. Hell i'm not sure he even knows himelf.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
#5. Washington Capitals : Karl Alzner

Yes they need a puck moving defenseman. But I think the issue has more to do .... they badly need a well-rounded defense-man with some offensive skills. Alzner seems to fit perfectly with the caps. He is a coach-able, skillful, responsible, hard working, respectful and totally unselfish player who puts his team first all the time.

the Caps have plenty of puck movers in their system, they need more 'stay at home' types

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
Who knew Ek posted on HF:dunno:

:biglaugh:

As for the rest of E3's post, is the difference between #5 and #1 great enough to even warrant a third round pick? Kane is not even the consensus #1, yet the Flyers are giving up their other first rounder(#23) for a shot at him? I mean, the poster here(E3 again?) even has the Flyers taking Backlund with that pick. Turris + Backlund > Kane

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Nice player profiles, but to chime in for Washington, taking Alzner over the next best forward would be a mistake, IMO. They're looking to add experienced defensemen this offseason and have drafted multiple 1st round defensemen over the past few years.

I would have to second this as a caps fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->