Speculation: What will Bob Murray do???

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
In the past( at least at trade deadlines ) the more quiet it is in the ducks camp, the more Bob does in seemingly a very short time frame. Like that year we got despres, he made like 5 deals that day and none of which were reported rumors. Prediction time. My prediction , given “ we need to get faster” and given Carlyle is 100% his call. That Bob knows he must do something to shake this team up and get us faster because for the first time ever, I feel his job isn’t totally secure... Corery Perry is my all time favorite player, but I whole heartedly believe that If Bob can trade him to a contender that both parties will part ways.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
I came here to find out who Bob Murray was and now I know. Thank you.

To contribute: Corey Perry was great but he's too slow for today's NHL, IMO. I think you'd be disappointed in what might come back.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
^^^^^^I posted here, due to fact that other fans from other teams can possibly give some insight on players they feel would be good fits to the ducks organization ( players that actually may be on the move that we duck fans might not know about )

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Firstly, the fact that Perry is your all time favourite player makes me hate you a little.

As for your principle of getting faster it's not really in the team's DNA right now as you've got an aging core and even some of your better younger players aren't quick like Ritchie. Adding one or two faster players won't really help much when the pace of your team isn't there.

I get moving Perry, he need a to go but he will not return close to what you want.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
He's not likely to be able to move one of the big contracts that he needs to (Perry/Kesler) and we don't have much cap room. It will be a good enough summer for me if he gets our key RFAs (Kase/Montour) signed to good contracts which I have no reason to expect he won't. Bob is an excellent GM for drafting and getting good RFA's under great contracts.

Signing new FA's... not so much. Because of that I expect some bonehead bargain bin Bob signing that we'll all hate and be ridiculed for. I could see him signing someone like Comeau or our good ol' friend Kunitz for about two million each.

I would say I want him to trade Nick Ritchie but recent trends say he'd go on and become a ~30 goal scorer with his new team like Palmieri, Maroon, and Karlsson.

Last edited:

PaddyMcStackin

Goalier Than Thou
Apr 18, 2018
Find a very well padded barstool and sit on his hands. That'll stop him from picking up the phone.

He's painted into a corner with dead-weight contracts. He's going to hope that some of the youngsters crack the line-up or Silf/Ritchie/Kase catch fire. No need to call the the UFA Calvary..

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Silfverberg would be a perfect fit in St. Louis. (Yeah, you have probably read that before.) Could he be available?

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Something with Silfverberg and TT as a base has been discussed on these boards.

Id say Silf for TT+2nd is fair enough

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Something with Silfverberg and TT as a base has been discussed on these boards.

Id say Silf for TT+2nd is fair enough

TT as in Tuevo Teravainen? The guy who just scored 64 points at 23 years old? Compared to 27 year old Silfverberg with a career high of 40 points? While Silvferberg is a rental and TT has 4+ years left on his RFA deal?

If you mean Teravainen then Anaheim would have to add a piece worth Teravainen. Silfverberg is not comparable value.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
TT as in Tuevo Teravainen? The guy who just scored 64 points at 23 years old? Compared to 27 year old Silfverberg with a career high of 40 points? While Silvferberg is a rental and TT has 4+ years left on his RFA deal?

If you mean Teravainen then Anaheim would have to add a piece worth Teravainen. Silfverberg is not comparable value.

It was meant to the Blues fan that replied earlier.

Thanks for the obvious info though, and for taking your time posting.

It is Tage Thompson that TT stands for.

Reactions: SvechniCanesCup2019

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

No need to be that way. Your post didn't quote anyone and "TT" isn't clearly Tage Thompson and is open to interpretations. I was confused by it also.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

No one calls Tage Thompson “TT”, whereas that moniker is commonly used for Teravainen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad