NBA What were your personal favorite Kobe moments?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That's the biggest knock on LeBron when arguing him as the GOAT imo. He's had his moments of course, but he's also had his "mental midget" moments where he was very reluctant to take shots in big moments and overall, made mistakes he typically wouldn't make during other parts of the game.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
What I appreciate most about Kobe during the latter parts of his career that I overlooked earlier in his career was how much harder he had to work than all of his contemporaries.

I mean think about it, genetically speaking, he didn't have:

- LeBron's bulldozing physique, speed and endurance/durability
- Shaq's size and strength
- Jordan or VC's athleticism
- Durant or Giannis' unique ability to be a walking match-up nightmare
- Curry's cheat-code shooting abilities
- Kyrie or AI's speed and handles
- Kawhi or Scottie's gigantic palms for better gripping
- Magic's soft hands and passing skills...

...yet he managed to carve out of the best careers ever by incorporating a little bit of all the above through sheer hard work and determination.

Last edited:

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I'll give you my worst.

Game 7 2010

final score Lakers 83-Celtics 79
Free throw attempts were Lakers 37 to Celtics 17

One of the main reasons i stopped following Basketball closely.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Not sure what game it was but the Suns in the playoffs just couldn’t stop Kobe, the Phoenix coach was losing his mind and during a timeout yells at his team to double team immediately as soon as Kobe touches the ball. Double teamed with defenders draped all over him Kobe just keeps scoring, Suns coach looks defeated and calls a timeout, Kobe passing by taps the coach on the leg implying “is that all you got” Suns coach who looked defeated seems to chuckle (probably thinking to himself “this is not normal, he’s not human”) subtle incident but it speaks to the confidence, competitiveness, and greatness of Kobe Bryant.

Couple of things regarding that moment.

1. The defensive effort by Hill was terrific, it's just that Kobe was in the zone and there was no stopping him.

2. The reaction from that one fan afterwards (Closet Lakers fan?)

3. The Lakers got some playoff revenge on the Suns from 3 and 4 years earlier.

4. To date, this is the last playoff game the Suns have participated in.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad