What We Learned: Avs/Leafs

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I would disagree that Hejda had his best game. He was solid defensively and battled, but he handled the puck like a grenade all night.

That being said, EJ and Hejda, along with Stastny's line, are doing a pretty great job of neutralizing the other teams best players, for the most part.

Landeskog The Viking

Duchene The Boss
Jul 5, 2007
NS Canada
I would disagree that Hejda had his best game. He was solid defensively and battled, but he handled the puck like a grenade all night.

That being said, EJ and Hejda, along with Stastny's line, are doing a pretty great job of neutralizing the other teams best players, for the most part.

I wouldn't say he handled it like a grenada all night but he was prretty ugly with it at times

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Definitely think to fight the Dater express, that the work Stastny and his line are doing against the other teams should be noted whenever possible.

They may not be racking up points, but chances have been there and they allow the other two lines to be much more offensive.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

That play in the third where I think he bobbled it a bit at the blue line was because Duchene made a bad pass to him. I was screaming when I saw Dutch do that. He needs to get that puck in deep behind the net on that play. The Leafs came back and got a shot on net IIRC

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I still don't know if Hejda and EJ are a good pair. They're very strong along the boards but they have this tendency to switch positions in our zone with makes first passes much harder since they don't see the ice as well.

Some of the things that happens, for example EJ marking a forward almost all the way up to the blue line, we don't know if it's part of the system or because there is bad communication in handing over assignments.

I still would like to see Wilson-EJ, Hejda-Barrie. Barrie can handle playing LD but it's obvious he's not as good in transition when he has to use his backhand/turn to use his forehand as he is when he plays on his natural side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad