What We Learned: Avs/Ducks

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Things I learned last night, in addition to what was already mentioned.

Benoit is better than expected.

The partition between the teams is not as solid as expected.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Barrie also looked Barrie Bad.

He looked like he was trying to be too pretty with the puck. It's super cliché, but he really just needed to simplify his game and make the easy plays. Lots of unnecessary turnovers from trying to dangle players while exiting our zone..

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
The defense still cannot pass to save it's life, but the part of the game that I was most pleased with (other than breakouts) was the play of the wingers in their own zone. Far, far, far too often over the last few years we've seen the defense play the puck up the board to the wingers, who DO NOT GET THE PUCK OUT. Seriously David Jones, how many times can you possibly whiff on the puck trying to chip it out the zone???

We were much, much, much improved in this area last night, and I think it will be something that will really help our D.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The defense still cannot pass to save it's life, but the part of the game that I was most pleased with (other than breakouts) was the play of the wingers in their own zone. Far, far, far too often over the last few years we've seen the defense play the puck up the board to the wingers, who DO NOT GET THE PUCK OUT. Seriously David Jones, how many times can you possibly whiff on the puck trying to chip it out the zone???

We were much, much, much improved in this area last night, and I think it will be something that will really help our D.

Also, cycling. We haven't cycled, literally haven't even tried, for 3 seasons now.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
. Mackinnon will be taking over the 2nd line center position sooner than later

After one game where he's facing 3rd pairing defensemen, he's going to take over the 2nd line center position?

Come on, Mackinnon looked great that game but theres no point in putting more pressure on him when it's unneeded.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Keep MacK where he is, no need moving Stastny right now. Our offense is our greatest asset. I'd rather we didn't mess with it.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Our 3 first lines are going to be trouble for every team in the league. I dont care if you have the best defensive team in the league, and im looking at you st.louis and nashville the avs are going to be one of thehardest teams in the league to contain this year.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I'd keep MacKinnon in some protected minutes against the 3rd pairing guys on the other team. Don't get carried away with him scoring more points than Stastny.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
While I liked MacKinnon's first game I'm still of the thinking to keep Stastny where he is right now. I still see some thing's MacKinnon has to work on plus I want to see him against more then just one team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad