What we can expect from Dmitry Kulikov this years with Campbell and Jovo in Florida??

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
He is going to be paired with either Jovo or Soupy, and will probably be on the teams top PP unit. The kid has all the skill in the world, and having Jovo and Soupy as teammates will only benefit him immensely.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Ice time over 20, definitely above Guds on the depth chart. 40 points? It will be close. He'll be seeing special teams for sure.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He is going to be paired with either Jovo or Soupy, and will probably be on the teams top PP unit. The kid has all the skill in the world, and having Jovo and Soupy as teammates will only benefit him immensely.

Not points wise, which is where I think this question could be coming from...a fantasy hockey perspective.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Not necessarily.

Can be tough to pot points when you're one of the only offensive threats on the blue line.

Fair enough. I just think playing with 3-4 offensive defenseman in one unit is tougher pointswise then having 2.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
I think Kully will be their #1 dman this year. Jovo is a granny and Soupy will man the PP with him.

CoolburnIsGone

He's looked good so far in preseason and based on comments that Jovo may have slowed down some, it seems that Kulikov is probably better suited to being on the top pairing.

He'll definitely get over 20 mins a nite, definitely get plenty of PP time, and should get some PK time (though the top PKers last yr were Garrison & Weaver).

Will he get to 40 pts...I think thats not likely but I'd expect something in the 30-40 pt range. I think a 35 pt season is definitely within reach but not sure what his +/- is gonna look like (based on the new style of play from the Panthers and how quickly the chemistry develops).

He's definitely ahead of Gudbranson on the depth chart. Gudbranson is fighting for the 6th spot in the defensive pairings at this point whereas Kulikov is a lock to be a top 4 guy.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Additional question to go with the OP's if the Florida fans don't mind...

What kind of dollar figures do you think Kulikov will be looking at for next season provided he has the predicted 30-35 point season playing a #1/#2 defender's minutes and overall improves on last season?

CoolburnIsGone

Additional question to go with the OP's if the Florida fans don't mind...

What kind of dollar figures do you think Kulikov will be looking at for next season provided he has the predicted 30-35 point season playing a #1/#2 defender's minutes and overall improves on last season?
I'd be expecting him to get something similar to what a lot of the young defenders have gotten after their 1st contracts expire...anything in the $3-4M range (I looked at what L.Schenn, Edler, Suter, and M.Staal got). It'll obviously depend on how many pts he puts up and how many mins he's getting but if I'm Tallon, I'm hoping to get him signed for 3 yrs at $3.5M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->