What was your first car?

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
1995_dodge_caravan_3_dr_std_passenger_van-pic-6705009687711480327-1600x1200.jpeg

They see me rollin'

They hatin'

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
'77 Buick Skylark. Baby blue, four door. Bought when I was 19 in 1999. Only had 69k miles on it.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
1990 Lincoln continental. The year they went to the front drive 3.8 v6 and full airbag suspension. The interior and ride were fantastic but overall it was a very dull car. Zero power. Poor fuel economy. Just not a true Lincoln. It was like the awkward years for the Continental where they didn’t know if they should keep them as boats or start to transition into the Lincoln LS.

I must have replaced the suspension, compressor and bags three full swaps. Finally the tranny went, wouldn’t shift out of 2nd, would occasionally slip to neutral, and then the head gasket went. I scrapped it at 115k
Woof...but trust me Lincoln still hasnt gotten it right. Even after years of government funding...

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Woof...but trust me Lincoln still hasnt gotten it right. Even after years of government funding...

I still love the look of the LS, and the new Continental with suicide doors looks sick but it’s just FAR too expensive. I like their newly remodeled SUV too, not sure if they did the aviator or navigator. The turbo MKZ is sharp as hell also.

For reliability though, i don’t know that i could ever trust another Lincoln after the nightmare almost 20 years ago.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I still love the look of the LS, and the new Continental with suicide doors looks sick but it’s just FAR too expensive. I like their newly remodeled SUV too, not sure if they did the aviator or navigator. The turbo MKZ is sharp as hell also.

For reliability though, i don’t know that i could ever trust another Lincoln after the nightmare almost 20 years ago.
Like I said, still crap. Rest at ease my friend

Reactions: TD Charlie

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
1984 Ford LTD - took over the payments from my brother (he left home to go into the Marines the year I turned 16) who was paying our parents after they bought him the car. Had it a grand total of 3 days before it was totaled from being rear-ended by an 86yro man who confused the gas for the brake.

Then had to wait for my parents to get themselves another car a few months later and started making payments to them for a 1987 Ford Taurus station wagon.

Would've been much happier with the LTD.... but shit happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad