What Was Your Favorite Playoff Game?

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Now that we've had a couple weeks off, what was everyone's favorite game this postseason? We finally have a lot to choose from.

I'd have to go with game 3 vs. the Rangers or game 6 vs the Canadiens (the only one I was able to attend).

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Game 3 of the SCF.

Really thought we had a great chance to win the cup going up 2-1 in the series.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

To watch the compete just drain out of the other team (especially the team in question). Easily beats the Bruins giving up halfway through the regular season game when they announced they were eliminated.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yep another vote for the miracle in motown here. That's what the playoffs are all about imo. Much like the one they pulled out of their ass in Montreal in 2004. Love being reminded that it ain't over til it's over. Most solid win was probably that game 6 against Montreal though. Gave them practically nothing. Just knew we were going to win.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Game 7 against the Rangers. Lundqvist in game 7s... MSG in game 7s...

Haven't done it against Tampa.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
It has to be Game 4 against Detroit. I could watch Lightning hockey for another 50 years and never see that happen again. Things were GRIM before that happened, because the Lightning were about to go down 3-1 in the first round to an inferior opponent on the heels of consecutive shutouts. That being on the heels of the 2014 first round disappointment as well. We were having concerns about whether this core could get it done or not in the playoffs.

And they still struggled to edge past Detroit after that 4th game as well, but the robbery that was the Game 4 comeback put them over the top. I doubt I've ever been as purely ecstatic after a win than I was that night.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
That's a though question, I felt that every game they played was amazing because you could see how they got stronger togther as a team.

I have to pick game 7 against NYR though, talk about edge of the seat type of game but also because it was one of the most complete games they've played.

Game 4, 6 and 7 against DET, Game 3 and 6 against MTL, Game 2 and 3 against NYR and Game 2 and 3 against CHI are all worth mentioning because of what they meant. Just a fantastic run this was and I'm still mad that it was ruined because of injuries and lack of expereince at handling them but that doesn't take away from the great run this was.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Motor City Miracle. Down 2-0 in the 3rd against Det, BAM TyJo to the rescue. Goes full beast mode and scores the 1st goal, takes the puck again and sets up the 2nd goal by Palat. O.T rolls along and TKO + Hedmonster score the O.T winner. That will be a game I remember for a long time. It was so exciting watching. Having no hope and thinking here comes a loss then a full 360 happens and we win the game. I was jumping up and down those last 5 minutes.

Tyler Johnson became a franchise player (in my mind anyways) with that win and what he did. It was fantastic.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Motown Miracle was definitely up there. The one thing holding it back is that the first 55 minutes of it I was miserable. :laugh:

That was certainly TyJo's defining performance.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Motown Miracle was definitely up there. The one thing holding it back is that the first 55 minutes of it I was miserable. :laugh:

That was certainly TyJo's defining performance.

Yeah, I've been watching hockey a long time, and I don't think I've ever seen a game quite like that, which is why it gets my vote. TyJo made a legend of himself with that single performance. It's a reminder of what's great about sports in general. Not so much the comeback, but the fact that we're likely to remember details of that night for the rest of our lives.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Motown miracle. Was watching the game when we were losing 2-0 I was contemplating on picking up smoking for the first time in two years then Johnson happened. I freaked the **** out. Was amazing to see.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Absolutely the Miracle in Motown. The rest of the voting is for 2nd place and my vote for that goes to game 7 vs New York.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah - for the amount of jumping up and down and yelling, I can agree with Game 4. There was something about sending Marty into retirement that makes the effect of the game more special to me, but as far as emotional reaction to what was happening on the ice, sure.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Yep, another Miracle in Motown vote for me. Even though we played like ******* the entire game just about. Game 7 against the Rangers is a very close second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad