What was the worst jersey in modern NHL history?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Bonus pic of cool cat too.
stlouis-blues-1995-never-worn-3rd-jersey.jpg

Someone was paid lots of money to come up with that design and then it was approved by a board of directors.

Let that sink in.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Someone was paid lots of money to come up with that design and then it was approved by a board of directors.

Let that sink in.
My favorite part about that jersey and the little factoids on that pic are that the creative team behind was probably really excited about those jerseys and someone took it to Mike Keenan - probably with a big smile and full of enthusiasm for the work they had done and they hand it to him and he was probably just like **** No and threw it back at them.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
My favorite part about that jersey and the little factoids on that pic are that the creative team behind was probably really excited about those jerseys and someone took it to Mike Keenan - probably with a big smile and full of enthusiasm for the work they had done and they hand it to him and he was probably just like **** No and threw it back at them.

Id would wager the team that designed and approved that thing had zero experience in hockey, the nhl or understood tradition.

im not a fan of mike keenan but he gets my respect for sparing us to having to look at that thing.

Reactions: DaveG and kevinsane

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Avs blue third jersey from a couple years ago is near the top of my list.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
While not the worst design, the Penguins baby blue alternates, along with their return to prominence, Sid becoming the face of the league and the non-stop national broadcast pandering became the perfect storm and I will always view those things with a negative light. They're the hockey version of pink Red Sox hats.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
The classic isles jerseys are so nice. I don’t know why they keep trying to change them.
Yeah they are. I even liked when they went to the darker navy from like 97-07. When reebok took over though, those originally edge jerseys were awful. Glad that in 2010 they went back to their classic look.

Reactions: AD Skinner

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
The classic isles jerseys are so nice. I don’t know why they keep trying to change them.
You can’t market Long Island, if it wasn’t for the history attached to the classic logo it would’ve been changed and no one would be looking back

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
In honor of the Isles bringing back fisherman jerseys for sale at their team store I thought I would pose the question of what was the worst jersey of the modern era? The Fisherman? The Buffaslug? The Vancouver "V"? The Brent Yormark Islanders Jersey? Any of the 10,000 Habs centenary heritage jerseys? What's your pick?

the slug or that blue/yellow thing you guys brought out…..the mooterus was horrible too…isles black with the football numbers

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I can’t roll my eyes hard enough at you comparing the isles best and worst third jerseys ever to each other
Their best third jerseys ever were their current homes, which started as a third. Black belongs nowhere near an islander jersey. The stadium series and their current 3rd are leagues better than that black Brett Yormark Nets branding abomination

Reactions: sabremike

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Their best third jerseys ever were their current homes, which started as a third. Black belongs nowhere near an islander jersey. The stadium series and their current 3rd are leagues better than that black Brett Yormark Nets branding abomination
You just hate Brooklyn, and I’m talking about the wave, Orange, arched letters stadium series, bklyn and current third

Bklyn is leagues ahead of all the others but isles fans suck at embracing change and that’s why the isles can never make anymore

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
The current Nashville yellow jerseys are an assault on the retinas. The fact that they’re paired with yellow helmets just makes it worse.

The original Preds jerseys were great, and should have been left alone.

I’m a Canucks fan, but despise their home unis. You’re at HOME! Who needs reminding that they’re in VANCOUVER? Yet, there it is, emblazoned above the crappy corporate Orca.

And oh yeah, the Canes new thirds with the double hurricane flags. Might as well throw a sharknado shoulder patch on it and call it a day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->