What was the worst jersey in modern NHL history?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Not the worst but always hated this one

46a643b6e4feecb9893904b316bd67de.jpg

The Mustard Monster!

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Bruins' Pooh Jerseys
Preds' mustard jerseys
Islanders' black/wordmark jerseys
Sabres' weird yellow thirds
Almost any of the Thrashers' jerseys
Canucks' V jersey (it's iconic but not because it looks good)

Reactions: Dr Black

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
The Ducks current jerseys are horrific. They went from arguably the best Jersey with their Disney Purples, to the atrocity they wear now

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think the Habs centennial jerseys really deserve a break, they were one-offs, actually worn by the team in their history. Not like anyone in modern NHL age designed them.

The Buffaslug, Fisherman, uniprons, Flying Duck and most of the Predators nonsense on the other hand are inexcusable .

Other than the barber jerseys, I thought all those habs jerseys ranged from being good to great.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Haha the Whalers logo with the giant blue and white stripe looks pretty terrible.
I don't think its their best look (I actually prefer the jerseys they wore right before they left to NC more than any of their others) but I wouldn't say its terrible. The colors work together very nicely on the ice (was at the game they wore them this year, and I do say they work well on the ice) and I have seen quite a few others across the league that are worse. Much worse.

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
Early 2000s most teams in the league had so atrocious jerseys that watching hockey became an eyesore altogether.

I could not agree with you more!!! Teams like Buffalo, Washington, Pittsburgh, St Louis, Vancouver, Philadelphia, Calgary, LA, and Dallas/Minnesota all have great uniforms now and had great uniforms in the '70s and '80s (Vancouver in the '70s and '90s, not '80s) but had HORRIBLE uniforms in early 2000s! Teams like Arizona (then Phenix) and Colorado started out with horrible uniforms. Arizona has thankfully changed.

Not so coincidentally, I didn't follow or watch hockey at all except playoffs, during that time period of the late '90s and early to mid-2000s. Whereas in the '80s, early 90's, and 2000 teens, I follow and watch hockey religiously.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Not enough disrespect for the current Tampa kits. They are the Maple Leafs ECHL farm team in appearance... Stamkos looks like he is probably wearing the same uniform he wore when he was 11 years old at this point. Other than that, Tampa is incredible. But dang.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Not enough disrespect for the current Tampa kits. They are the Maple Leafs ECHL farm team in appearance... Stamkos looks like he is probably wearing the same uniform he wore when he was 11 years old at this point. Other than that, Tampa is incredible. But dang.

wtf, Tampa and Leafs jersey are pretty much the same damn thing... no issues with those jerseys...

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
IMO the sens jersey they’ve been wearing for the past however many seasons is pretty hideous.
I’m really happy they are going back to their old logo though.

Reactions: Demon Wolf

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Any jersey bad enough to have a nickname is definitely in the running.

Mooterus
Fishstick
Brger Kings
Mustard Monster
Buffaslug
Cool Cat
Wild Wing
Kachina

They're all so bad.

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
wtf, Tampa and Leafs jersey are pretty much the same damn thing... no issues with those jerseys...

Normally, I would just HATE the idea of 2 teams having an identical color scheme. However, I really like basic color schemes like Detroit and Toronto. Because Tampa copied a team with a GREAT color scheme, I can tolerate it.

On the other hand, I was really disappointed and downright ticked off when I saw that Seattle has the EXACT same color scheme as Winnipeg! Unlike Toronto, Winnipeg has more of an obscure color scheme as opposed to a great, basic color scheme. Which is fine for ONE team. But I sure as hell don't want two teams with the same obscure color scheme!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad