What was the plastic pouch that the puck got stuck in?

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I am not a conspiracy theorist, but when PLD shot into an empty net for the game winner and the puck doesn't rebound but gets stuck in a plastic pouch along the bottom edging of the net... I shook my head at Toronto - sixty years old - never seen something like that in my lifetime of hockey fandom.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I am not a conspiracy theorist, but when PLD shot into an empty net for the game winner and the puck doesn't rebound but gets stuck in a plastic pouch along the bottom edging of the net... I shook my heads at Toronto - sixty years old - never seen something like that in my lifetime of hockey fandom.

That was such a frustrating moment. So close.

I've never seen a puck get stuck in that spot before, and I hadn't noticed that piece of transparent plastic before. It might be just an extension of the skirt that runs around the back of the net, which connects the webbing to the red/bar/cage thingy. Perhaps its transparent in that section by the post so that the ref can see if the puck is in? Its not supposed to be a pouch, the puck must have just split open a gap between the plastic and the webbing.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
When that Puck got stuck.. Jacket fans everywhere knew exactly what was going to happen. It is hard being a Jacket fan, more today than ever. I believe in them, I think we will win tomorrow night. No frickin excuses, no blame on bad penalties, or bad goals. We were kicking their butts prior to that, we can do it again. This time for 60 minutes.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Having plastic around the bottom of the net does not account for a puck getting caught in the damn thing like a pouch - that killed the play one where any rebound comes right back to PLD who is charging the empty net. That play happens to anybody else there would have been a major fricking investigation.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Having plastic around the bottom of the net does not account for a puck getting caught in the damn thing like a pouch - that killed the play one where any rebound comes right back to PLD who is charging the empty net. That play happens to anybody else there would have been a major fricking investigation.

I didn't think PLD was the closest player to the puck, but I'm too cowed to go back and look at anything from that game.

It's obviously a fluke, I don't think most people in any org would be focusing on that.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
29101DF6-4E6D-4F43-A836-BE8DCDF60304.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad