What type curve do you use?

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I was always a mid curve guy until recently. When I bought my Warrior Starskie I went with the Smyth pattern, which is a deep toe curve.

I'm mostly a passer, but I have been shooting a lot more as of late. I'm not someone who will launch a bomb from just inside the blue-line. I'm a quick wrister from around the face circles kind of guy.

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
I use a Drury, pretty sure thats a heel and very open blade.I dont know if that matches my shooting style. I like quick wristers from around the circles... usually inside. The blade gets the puck up really well but I put it over the net usually from beyond the circles.

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
I like a big banana heel curve, which is why I love the Sher-Wood 5030 SC Coffey model. Perfect for getting the puck up and off the glass on defensive clears, or ripping a slapper with some zing.

Biggsy

Mar 5, 2006
Rutland/Kelowna
It varies with me im more of a passer then anything, but whatever working for me at the time i was currently using a Datsyuk rbk 1 piece this year and i had went through 3 pronger blades

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
i am currently using an yzerman, the curve is closer to the toe... though i also think it may be illegal.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Doctor Hook said:
I like a big banana heel curve, which is why I love the Sher-Wood 5030 SC Coffey model. Perfect for getting the puck up and off the glass on defensive clears, or ripping a slapper with some zing.

Unless the pattern has changed, isn't the Coffey pattern a big toe curve? Myself, I've been using a Koho Tom Poti fibreglass blade for a quite a number of years now with a Bauer TriFlex shaft. Thanks to how well I can see the ice, I've always been more of a passer than a shooter, but I'm not opposed to firing one from the off wing.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
used easton lidstroms until their blades broke too easily

switched to innovative mogilny and love 'em

... not sure which kind of curve they are though... i'm guessing heel or mid...

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
ginblossoms said:
used easton lidstroms until their blades broke too easily

switched to innovative mogilny and love 'em

... not sure which kind of curve they are though... i'm guessing heel or mid...
It's a Mid. The Jovanovsky is Inno/Warriors Lidstrom clone if you wanted to go back to that curve.

I use Drury/YP curves or their clones for the most part.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Interesting, the heel curve is way up. I'm using a mid and a toe currently..never used a heel before, but I'm thinking about give a Lidstrom-clone a try. Those a big heel curves. Maybe it'll help my shot a bit better than my toe curve.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I like the Jagr mid curve on the Koho Crossover....and have had good luck with the Spezza Sherwood.

My worst was the Lidstrom Easton....I gave the stick away after I couldn't keep the puck lower than the crossbar.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
I use as big a curve as I can find, to help with stickhandling and passing. I use the Sher-Wood Coffey pattern (the real deal wood sticks) and with an Easton shaft. The bigger the toe curve, the easier to make dekes and toe-drag the puck. Plus you get so much more on your shot with these curves.

I can't figure out how ANYONE can use something like the Hull pattern! It's like using an 8-iron!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad