Speculation: What top 4D could Anders Lee return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
BECAUSE it obviously is. as soon as you brought up tkachuk i knew it was all a set up to defend Tarasenko, but now i learned, I thought you were more fair minded than you obviously are

a sophmore slump has nothing to do with age. it has to do with regressing to the mean and teams adjusting to a player. it doesnt mater whether your 19 or 49 if you come up at any age you can have success because no one knows you, but once you are known they get to know youre strengths, so you have to adjust thats a sophmore slump and that can happen at any age regardless of how old you are

because adjustments are made on any player

second to teach you something you obviously are clueless about, jerry west widely considered the best shooter in nba history had a career shooting percentage of .474. Shaquille Oneal , has a 582 career shooting percentage and it got better into his late 30s but he wasnt considered a "great Shooter"

why because O'neal like Lee does most of his work in close, so guess what he is likely to keep his higher percentage. Tim Kerr, the closest comparable to Anders Lee in style of play had 5 seasons with a shooting percentage over 20% and a career shooting percentage of 19.4 and like lee he didnt get an early start either

unfortunately he took a beating for it and had to retire early due to the beating he took like bossy but youre entire argument is shyte, Lees shot percentage is a function of his style of play just like Shaquille O'neals and Kerrs was was playing in tight close to the goal or the rim depending on the sport. in fact odds say Lees shooting percentage may even go higher

Tarasenko on the other hand has seen his shot percentage fall every single year since he was 22 ans will likely never return to what is was his first season because teams adjusted to him

ive lost all respect i had for you because you didnt even recognize the obvious

This is the most ridiculous conclusion I've seen on these boards, and that says a lot. Easton, don't even waste your time man...

Reactions: Colt55

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
One year of lee hitting 40 and know you think he is on level of tarasenko. He is one year older and has scored two more goals in last two years lol. If you wanna go back last five years the older anders lee has 47 less goals than tarasenko and tarasenko over that time has 126 more points than lee. There is no comparison
#1. He had 36 last yr and 40 goals this season. Stop acting as if he is a career 15 goal scorer, who suddenly put up 40 goals.

#2.I never mentioned Tarasenko, so you might want to unbunch your tighty whities (sp)

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yes cause their games are so similar,both big, physical net front presences :sarcasm:
I never said anywhere they were similar DID I? Boyes hit 40 goals in one year and paced like anders did for the previous and we will see how the rest of his career is. You know who inflated Boyes 40 goal season. A guy by the name of Paul kariya.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
#1. He had 36 last yr and 40 goals this season. Stop acting as if he is a career 15 goal scorer, who suddenly put up 40 goals.

#2.I never mentioned Tarasenko, so you might want to unbunch your tighty whities (sp)

No one one of lees defenders did. Doesnt matter much anders lee is not elite yet. At 27 he has 1 year of 34g 52pts and 1 year of 40g 62 points. Lets see him do it again with out John Taveres.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I never said anywhere they were similar DID I? Boyes hit 40 goals in one year and paced like anders did for the previous and we will see how the rest of his career is. You know who inflated Boyes 40 goal season. A guy by the name of Paul kariya.
So because a smaller, skilled forward could not maintain his goal scoring pace means Anders Lee, who plays a net front game cannot?
No, that is not a reach, not a bad comparison.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
No one one of lees defenders did. Doesnt matter much anders lee is not elite yet. At 27 he has 1 year of 34g 52pts and 1 year of 40g 62 points. Lets see him do it again with out John Taveres.
And when he does, the next statement will be that the 2018-2019 season was a contract yr , so of course he played hard and produced.:rolleyes:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
My point was that when Boyes came to blues he was lifted by the phenomenal play of paul kariya then when kariya got injured or he went to abother team his numbers came back to earth. I am stating this is a similar situation on top of that he is 27 and soothing 30% or higher. we will see how well he plays with out jt.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
And when he does, the next statement will be that the 2018-2019 season was a contract yr , so of course he played hard and produced.:rolleyes:
Your more than welcome to hold an obtuse opinion on lee. Most people do over inflate thier own teams players. But stats don't lie. He will not keep a 30% shooting and his numbers will drop after jt leaves. You can deny it all you wsnt. Easton already laid the numbers out there and you all still refuse to look at it. That's fine. But you lost this arguement a long time ago.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Also your more than welcome to keep lee give him an elite contract and see how that pans out. But blues don't need another lw on the team.
However we will take a run at jt

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
sid none of them are worth lee and you of all people know it, youre being disingenuous here, name the last current 40 goal scorer traded for a Scandella or Gardiner or Klefbom or Brodie. Ill wait for your reply

and by current I meantraded off a 40 goal season for a defenseman of that caliber

Jeff Carter for Jack Johnson. If you want to split hairs, Carter was coming off a 36 goal season, but that's as close to 40 as you can get (he scored 46 and 33 goals, respectively, the two seasons prior to that one as well). And Jeff Carter is a better all around player than Lee.

So I'll ask you the same question I asked Crew: if those guys aren't worth Lee, then exactly who do you think you can land with Lee? A guy like Scandella's a little on the low side (not enough offensive upside), but Gardiner, Klefbom and Brodie are exactly the type of defenseman Lee is worth. They're all good two-way #2/#3 defensemen.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Your more than welcome to hold an obtuse opinion on lee. Most people do over inflate thier own teams players. But stats don't lie. He will not keep a 30% shooting and his numbers will drop after jt leaves. You can deny it all you wsnt. Easton already laid the numbers out there and you all still refuse to look at it. That's fine. But you lost this arguement a long time ago.

"Stats" is not the same thing as "his numbers are going to drop in the future because I say so!"

In fact, it's pretty much the exact opposite of "stats".

Reactions: IODCPiper

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
"Stats" is not the same thing as "his numbers are going to drop in the future because I say so!"

In fact, it's pretty much the exact opposite of "stats".
like i stated before your more than welcome to resign him, pay him elite money.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Is he really that bad now? Haven't seen him play in Calgary but was solid for the islanders
Hamonic's family issue that led to him requesting a trade, never went away.
He really struggled in his last season on LI and later when traded closer to home , was pretty thrilled.

Classy guy. Loved him as a nyi ,but no interest in adding a reluctant Hamonic.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Jeff Carter for Jack Johnson. If you want to split hairs, Carter was coming off a 36 goal season, but that's as close to 40 as you can get (he scored 46 and 33 goals, respectively, the two seasons prior to that one as well). And Jeff Carter is a better all around player than Lee.

So I'll ask you the same question I asked Crew: if those guys aren't worth Lee, then exactly who do you think you can land with Lee? A guy like Scandella's a little on the low side (not enough offensive upside), but Gardiner, Klefbom and Brodie are exactly the type of defenseman Lee is worth. They're all good two-way #2/#3 defensemen.
I lobbied for a Scandella to LI trade during the regular season and was told by Sabre fans he was not available.
I would be ok with a Klefborn trade , but would be leery of Brodie coming off back to back bad seasons.
And I want no part of Gardiner for Lee.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Not to mention he was/is a #1C

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
like i stated before your more than welcome to resign him, pay him elite money.

You're changing the subject, I'm trying to explain to you the difference between stats and opinions.

Stat = Anders Lee (74G in 163 games) has scored more goals than Tarasenko (72G in 162 games) over the previous 2 seasons.

Opinion = Mint Chocolate Chip is the best flavor of Ice Cream.

The "stat" can easily be researched and can't be proven wrong because it is factual information. The "opinion" can be countered by anyone who feels Rocky Road or Phish Food is the best flavor of ice cream.

"Anders Lee's numbers are unsustainable and he's gonna suck in the future because I say so" is not a factual statement backed up by statistics.

Nor is "uhhh remember Brad Boyes?" because Anders Lee and Brad Boyes are different human beings, much like Mint Chocolate Chip and Phish Food are different flavors of ice cream.

The whole "you lost this argument a long time ago" is a tactic generally reserved for people who don't have the stats to support their case, so instead they just declare themselves the winner. If you need to specifically declare yourself the winner of an internet argument, you've already lost it.

I hope this lesson has explained that you've provided nothing statistical or factual to back up your opinion that Anders Lee is actually a bad hockey player.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
You're changing the subject, I'm trying to explain to you the difference between stats and opinions.

Stat = Anders Lee (74G in 163 games) has scored more goals than Tarasenko (72G in 162 games) over the previous 2 seasons.

Opinion = Mint Chocolate Chip is the best flavor of Ice Cream.

The "stat" can easily be researched and can't be proven wrong because it is factual information. The "opinion" can be countered by anyone who feels Rocky Road or Phish Food is the best flavor of ice cream.

"Anders Lee's numbers are unsustainable and he's gonna suck in the future because I say so" is not a factual statement backed up by statistics.

Nor is "uhhh remember Brad Boyes?" because Anders Lee and Brad Boyes are different human beings, much like Mint Chocolate Chip and Phish Food are different flavors of ice cream.

The whole "you lost this argument a long time ago" is a tactic generally reserved for people who don't have the stats to support their case, so instead they just declare themselves the winner. If you need to specifically declare yourself the winner of an internet argument, you've already lost it.

I hope this lesson has explained that you've provided nothing statistical or factual to back up your opinion that Anders Lee is actually a bad hockey player.
The part of your argument that literally everyone is taking issue with is your sample-size and the JT-factor, which whether you agree with it or not, there is more evidence to support it than refute it.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Sure worked for PAP, Okoposo and Moulson!
Okposo produced not only on the top line with Tavares,but also on a line with Nielsen and Bailey. Injuries are taking a toll on his body and career.

PAP and Moulson were highly skilled, career ahlers before the isles looking for cheap top 6 options took s chance.

Lee has not been hampered by injuries and he was not a career ahler. Keep the weak examples coming.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The part of your argument that literally everyone is taking issue with is your sample-size and the JT-factor, which whether you agree with it or not, there is more evidence to support it than refute it.

"Everyone" = you and two Blues fans.

Opinion-based "evidence" is not real "evidence" because people can change their stances depending on what is being addressed.

When Matthews was having a dominant rookie season, no Toronto fan was talking about small sample sizes. Instead the narrative was that Matthews hit the ground running, would contend with McDavid for the league's best player, etc etc. When a Toronto rookie succeeds, questioning whether they'll regress is ridiculous.

Very next year, Barzal puts up better numbers than Matthews. Now Toronto fans are falling over themselves to declare Barzal's season a fluke, a product of a zero-defense "run and gun" system (wrong), and insisting when Tavares leaves Barzal will "come back down to Earth", similar to this thread where despite putting up fantastic numbers for two full seasons now, Anders Lee isn't allowed to retain his pace.

If the variables were applied fairly towards my players and your players, I wouldn't have a problem.

If I was running into Matthews & Tarasenko threads simply to post how they're gonna get worse because CodeE says so, I wouldn't have a problem.

Instead, ya'll are invading a Lee thread to post negative opinions about Islander players that you'd never apply to your own team's players. Which is annoying. Is it possible Lee regresses? Absolutely, but it's also possible Matthews, Tarasenko, or any other NHL player regresses on the numbers they're currently putting up.

Playing the "nah nah nah boo boo I looked in my crystal ball and your players are gonna SUCK real soon lololol" game is childish and pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->