Speculation: What top 4D could Anders Lee return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
i havent seen one offer outside of oel id even consider in this thread and thats the best reason for using both firsts on defense

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthProbert

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I’d toss you Justin Braun+ if you wanted a mobile shutdown defender. He’s a righty though and the plus would probably have to be significant.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
I’d toss you Justin Braun+ if you wanted a mobile shutdown defender. He’s a righty though and the plus would probably have to be significant.

How about a slightly used Dylan Demelo?

casio.png

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Islanders cannot afford to trade Lee.
He isn't going anywhere.
Isles cannot afford to go into next season with Toews as their big blueline addition.
When Toews was injured near the all-star break, Staple tweeted that the isles saw him as a top 4 nhler next season.

Not knocking Toews, but would rather he start out with less responsibility and work his way up the depth chart.

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
27 yr old Lee had 36 goals last season and 40 goals this season. He salary will be $5m in 2018-2019, although his caphit will be $3.7m.
He is a ufa in July 2019.

Unless the isles circle back to CDH and both sides bend on an extension, isles may have to trade one of their more productive scorers like Lee to add a top 4 LHD.
Who is available that Lee could land?
I am not sure about each team's needs and wants. But I do not want him on my team.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
So, they're blown out in game #2 of the playoffs and that GDT is the one you use.

Maybe, try some during the franchises best regular season of all time. You might notice a difference.

there are some very good leaf fans I trust, but you have to know who they are, you cant just accept blindly even you have to admit because its toronto the hockey capital of the world, that a good number of the posters are shall we say less than credible. at least reading their board you get more honest opinions

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You'd have to think of a team that has a surplus of top 4 Dmen. That really limits the field. I would say that Lee is worth a guy like Scandella, but no way that Buff can afford to lose him.

I think a Lee Gardiner swap is fairly even, but don't think that trade makes sense for either team. Don't NYI need a sound defensive guy, and don't the TML's need all the Dmen they can get? Why not just keep JVR instead of trading for Lee?

Reactions: wintersej

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You'd have to think of a team that has a surplus of top 4 Dmen. That really limits the field. I would say that Lee is worth a guy like Scandella, but no way that Buff can afford to lose him.

I think a Lee Gardiner swap is fairly even, but don't think that trade makes sense for either team. Don't NYI need a sound defensive guy, and don't the TML's need all the Dmen they can get? Why not just keep JVR instead of trading for Lee?

it would have to be way better than scandella because Lee is infinitely better than Ennis and Foligno who you traded Scandella and pominville for

and Gardiner isnt even as good as Scandella

Lee is much better than those 4 have ever been

horrible advice

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
:laugh: This thread looks part for the course for an Isles thread.

OP asks for a Top 4 D for a good but overrated and upcoming UFA Winger.

Gets offered a number of similarly valued DMen. Refuses every one.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
:laugh: This thread looks part for the course for an Isles thread.

OP asks for a Top 4 D for a good but overrated and upcoming UFA Winger.

Gets offered a number of similarly valued DMen. Refuses every one.
36 goals last season and 40 goals this season.

Yeah so overrated . Can the isles get 1 or 2 more overrated 40 goal scorers :laugh:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
He's an avs fan he's just pissed because we said no on Barzal and Sorokin and don't want Varlamov

sell your garbage elsewhere. Sakic has had a boner for Sorokin for over a year and talk is the league has informed the Avs informally that any further contact will lead to tampering charges. He's a fishing buddy of Varlamov and have both camped on the Colorado river and according to NHL sources there was some form of recruitment going on so the NHL basically said cut it out. It was on Twitter last year and Corey Pronman mentioned it while speaking about the lack of a transfer Agreement. But for awhile there avs fans thought they could poach him.

Pronman eventually reported that the NHL decided that any player drafted by an NHL Team in the NHL remains on the Drafting teams exclusive list until they sign a standard player contract they aren't even eligible for free agency until they sign a standard players contract

Last edited:
Reactions: thadd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad