Speculation: What top 4D could Anders Lee return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
27 yr old Lee had 36 goals last season and 40 goals this season. He salary will be $5m in 2018-2019, although his caphit will be $3.7m.
He is a ufa in July 2019.

Unless the isles circle back to CDH and both sides bend on an extension, isles may have to trade one of their more productive scorers like Lee to add a top 4 LHD.
Who is available that Lee could land?

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Arizona and OEL? Similar age and gives Keller an elite winger and one of the best net-front presence in the league.

Reactions: IODCPiper

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Jake Gardiner? Similar age and both UFAs after next year.

Given Marner's PP ability to get the puck infront of the net(to JVR and Kadri) it would be interesting seeing those 2(Lee and Marner) together

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Isles were reported to have interest in JVR last offseason when Toronto was bidding for Hamonic, but the deal fell apart when JVR wouldn't agree to an extension with the Islanders. Especially with money clearing up this offseason, I could see Snow flipping Lee for defense help and then signing JVR to fill his spot as a top-6 net presence power forward.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isles were reported to have interest in JVR last offseason when Toronto was bidding for Hamonic, but the deal fell apart when JVR wouldn't agree to an extension with the Islanders. Especially with money clearing up this offseason, I could see Snow flipping Lee for defense help and then signing JVR to fill his spot as a top-6 net presence power forward.
Not sure why a player who refused to sign a nyi extension, would later sign on as a ufa.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
The point of moving Lee would be to address the team's biggest need, while keeping both 1st rounders.

Yeah I just figured the bruins wouldn’t have any need for lee without shipping out a LW. And heinen and carlo for lee isn’t worth it for them without the addition of a 1st

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Islanders would prefer a LHD who can match up against opposing team’s top line.

de Haan was that guy for the Islanders and Hickey (who was servicable) is going to walk. Leddy is not someone who you match up against opposing team’s top lines.

Obviously if there is a RHD who can match up against opposing team’s top lines that becomes available, I’m sure the Islanders would be interested and would just hope that they can pair him with Adam Pelech and form a formidable pairing.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Tyler Myers and Matty Perrault? Makes a lot of sense for the Jets cap wise not sure if it does for the isles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad