What to make of Crosby's 17 in 17?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
So people have explained that it's been reported by numerous sources he's been playing through it since September, but you don't think so so therefore you're correct. Gotcha. Another quality thread by you about Crosby.

Well if you have a suggestion for a positive Crosby thread I'm all for it. But as far as I know threads saying Sid is the best player piss off the McDavid crowd here. Hard to please everyone.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Well if you have a suggestion for a positive Crosby thread I'm all for it. But as far as I know threads saying Sid is the best player piss off the McDavid crowd here. Hard to please everyone.

It's not a huge majority, there's just a few vocal pens fans who still argue and have claimed as far as 3 years back that Crosby is better than McDavid, he definitely isn't anymore, no grace period crap.

Even during their cup runs Crosby didn't stand out as much as his other teammates

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Why would anyone need to make excuses for a player scoring at a point per game?

I think because Sid is so good that ppg is very bad for his standards. I think everyone wanted to see an Art Ross race between Sid and McDavid but unfortunately Sid is dropping off while McDavid is reaching peak.

17 in 17 is a little annoying because it would be good to see an actual year where there is an Art Ross battle with 97 vs 87 but so far not one year.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I think because Sid is so good that ppg is very bad for his standards. I think everyone wanted to see an Art Ross race between Sid and McDavid but unfortunately Sid is dropping off while McDavid is reaching peak.

17 in 17 is a little annoying because it would be good to see an actual year where there is an Art Ross battle with 97 vs 87 but so far not one year.

The sports hernia he has is annoying, but putting up 17 points in 17 games while dealing with a significant injury is objectively impressive. Sid has already won scoring titles, so I'm not really invested in whether he wins another.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Here's a suggestion: don't make any threads. It is possible to go a few days between making them.

Reactions: td_ice and Jacob

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
but is that regression or just injury?
Are effing serious? ''Google Sidney Crosby injury'' and you get the answer. If you even know what google is.
Sid has already won scoring titles, so I'm not really invested in whether he wins another.
Why would you be invested in something like that? If Penguins win another cup I think most Penguins fans couldn't care less if Crosby didn't get 1 point in the regular season.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He was playing injured during much of the early season. Hope he gets that fixed now and comes back better than ever.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Don't bother, the excuses people make for Crosby is ridiculous.

I'm waiting for grace period daver to show up
Excuses? Maybe he's just a really good player who can do ridiculous things even with a f***ing hernia.

The arguments people make against Crosby are ridiculous. I'm waiting for Secondary Assist MJ to show up

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
He hasn't put up best in the league numbers in a long time now. He's still among the best, but there are many others that have been just as good, if not better in the last half decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad