What to expect from your top 9

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This article is a few years old (2011), but I like this as a benchmark for what to reasonably expect from forwards.

Source: http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...onceptions-how-much-should-that-forward-score

I see a lot where people say "player X is a 2nd line forward", or "player Y is a 1st line forward", with very little point of reference for these claims.

So I have included a chart from this article that shows average production by position and role, (though keep in mind scoring was a little higher at the time I believe). Personally I find it helpful, so I thought maybe others would too.

Nje2lW4.jpg

Couple Points

-Nyquist and Tatar are putting up "average 1st line LW/RW" production RIGHT NOW... At ages 24 and 25. Nyquist has 47 pts in 66 games, and is on pace for 58 points. Tatar has 48 pts in 66 games, and is on pace for 60 points. They are only going to continue to get better, so this is very encouraging stuff. Also factor in they will probably continue to get more ice time as Dats and Z age, and you have two very capable 1st line wingers in the future IMO.

-Sheahan is putting up in between "average" and "good" 3rd line center scoring at just age 23, and getting 15 minutes and change a game. He just needs to continue to marginally improve and get more ice time, and I think he is very likely going to be a solid #2 center that puts up 45-50 pts like clock work... Maybe even more.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad