What to Expect from Lundin?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It looks like Lundin will play his first game with the Senators tonight. I don't know much about the guy. What can we expect from him? Judging by his career numbers, he looks like a stay at home guy. Can he handle the puck? Is he physical? How is his shot?

General Granny*

Reliable, but seeing how he barely played the last couple of years its going to take time to adjust.

Hes not physical, he doesnt have a big shot, hes a simple mobile dman eith a good first pass and thats it.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
According to Pierre McGuire: "Safe, smart, reliable. He's not a loud player. He's just a guy you'll never notice cause he doesn't make a lot of mistakes." "Makes the simple plays", Will never go end to end or crush anybody with a huge hit, isn't going to make bad reads.

Sounds good.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
If he can eat some minutes and be reliable on the PK all I care about

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
According to Pierre McGuire: "Safe, smart, reliable. He's not a loud player. He's just a guy you'll never notice cause he doesn't make a lot of mistakes." "Makes the simple plays", Will never go end to end or crush anybody with a huge hit, isn't going to make bad reads.

Sounds good.

Sounds good to me, too.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
I've seen him play a few times and I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised. It'll take him time to adjust, no doubt.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I hope Lundin can log 20min and be even or better on the +/- and be a decent PKer. That is all.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
McGuire said he was a safe defensive dman: you don't notice him and that's a good thing

I just saw him on TV and he has a ridiculous haircut

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
What a way to lower expectations. This has to be the lowest selling job of a player I've ever seen. Let's hope that at the very least he's an upgrade over what the team let go for nothing and the young guys who have been playing already. It's not like he's at the end of a bad contract or something and they had to play him. The guy was signed as a UFA.

Every tv/radio/print guy who says something about Lundin sounds like someone selling an old clunker saying "it's not much to look at but it provides cheap transportation".

John Holmes*

We need a Defensive D. We're not relying on this guy to run the PP.

Just to do the simple things.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
What a way to lower expectations. This has to be the lowest selling job of a player I've ever seen. Let's hope that at the very least he's an upgrade over what the team let go for nothing and the young guys who have been playing already. It's not like he's at the end of a bad contract or something and they had to play him. The guy was signed as a UFA.

Every tv/radio/print guy who says something about Lundin sounds like someone selling an old clunker saying "it's not much to look at but it provides cheap transportation".

Sorry, he's going to challenge Karlsson for the Norris.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My guess is that Wiercioch could be the guy that is returned to Bingo because Boroweicki has a little more NHL experience & has been around longer & the organization have made it clear they like him. Benoit likely isn't going anywhere because he has to go through waivers. Da Costa could be returned to Bingo with Wiercioch for their next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad