Value of: What to do with Turris?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Honestly, if we're talking strictly hockey wise, I think the Senators are a fit. That bridge has been burned as long as Melnyk remains the owner though and Ottawa would need to send back Anisimov and/or Boedker (which doesn't seem particularly interesting from a Nashville POV).

I think Turris is going to bounce back to a respectable level though. There's still some fear around his contract in the last couple seasons, but I don't think he's fallen off the cliff to the point where he's not a 2B/3A type of guy, and in today's NHL that's worth ~$6 million/year.

A team has to be willing to pay the $6M per year for an aging Turris. The Senators would not do that. They might pay him $4M if the Preds retain $2M but THAT is not an acceptable trade for Nashville. I doubt Turris and his family would want to be traded to Ottawa.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I really don't know what is the situation in Columbus but he could be an option there, I wonder what the Preds would want for him.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
For me, 'What to do about Turris'? Not a damned thing, he's playing like a champ and 4th in scoring on the Preds. If we look at him as a 6 million dollar wing, he's fine. Preds are going to be patient.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I really don't know what is the situation in Columbus but he could be an option there, I wonder what the Preds would want for him.
Me, personally - no idea whatsoever what Poile would want - I would want a solid #4/5 RD with no big term commitment. Possibly a decent #2 LW, again with no big cap drawback.

Now, maybe Turris himself is selling the possibility that he himself is just fine as the #1/2 LW (stepping in on draws as needed as C too). Maybe he does fit in the top-6 in a hybrid kind of role. That'd be to our advantage to be sure.

I don't think we'd trade him for picks or prospects. The team wants to contend, and he's contributing. And for abso-f-ing-loute-ly sure they are not trading him for any kind of cap dump nonsense. He's a good player, however redundant he might be in the current Preds lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->