Confirmed with Link: What to do with Trouba? (UPD: 1y/5.5m arb award)

*IFF* Trouba asks for too much money, & you can't get full value in a trade - best option for Chevy

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
i don't believe it has anything to do with him not wanting to be here but him thinking he should be in the burns karrlson hedman range range of pay even as a rfa. I believe if he was offered 8x8 he would sign in a heartbeat. if it was about him not wanting to be here yet was offered what he thought was fair to him he would sign and ask for trade.

If he was signed 8x8 he would not be easy to move, at least not right away. Maybe in a couple of years, if he plays up to that contract, or close and the cap continues to rise.

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
Chevy shold have listed to the few of us who 2 years ago wanted him traded. He didn't want to be here. Now we have to possibly trade him with only 2 years left to free agency instead of 4. Drastically lowering what we will get in return. Oh well. Moving on.
I don't think his value has dropped RHD are hard to come by and in those 2 years since the bridge Trouba shows hes a top pairing defenseman he will be traded for a great return in Chevy we trust

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Welp. Now JT can either find that team where he is The Man, running the PP1, thus maximizing his value. Or, get on a real good team where his numbers are great anyways due to his surrounding cast, and coaching (which the Jets are also) thus maximizing his value.

Blerg

Lomac

Jul 28, 2011
Winnipeg
21b.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Give him $7-$8 million a season, with the result being the inability to sign another RFA or two that takes the team from being a strong cup contender to an also ran & then ask this question again.

The line between making the playoffs or is paper thin & If I'm part of the Jet's core & Trouba receive a 10th of the cap hit, I'm not fuming because of the money he's making or because of the money I'm not.

No, I'm angry because he cost the team the ability to keep a winner together.

That is not the same issue. My comment was just about the distraction of the drams - of Trouba going about the business of his career.

If Chevy signs him to a bad deal it can have all kinds of ramifications.

Shouldn't that arbitrator decision be out by now? Get on with it!

Ares

May 8, 2018
Twas what I expected all along. Now remains to be seen what is to become of Trouba. Traded sooner rather than later or will Chevy still try make him stay? He's a very good player but if he doesn't want to stay, then he doesn't want to stay. Or he just wants to be paid. I'd pay him all he wanted if it didn't mean moving someone like Wheeler.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
If he doesn’t want to be here, I don’t want him to be here either. Move him ASAP even if we have to take a bit of a hit on the return. He clearly does not share the philosophy of the team that we are building here.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Im not gonna be able to cheer for a guy who clearly has no interest signing here. Last time there were no negotiations... Im willing to be there weren't any this time either. Get rid of him.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Chevy will be walking a tightrope now between getting max value for the asset and dragging it out as long as possible in the hope of making another long cup run. Everyone in hockey now knows that the fuse has been lit and is starting to burn. Anyone who thinks that this has any chance of resulting in JT signing with us long term is simply not paying attention. I can’t see how it will not end well for us if it drags out through the 18-19 season. Hope we win the cup though. Then it won’t matter as much.

Reactions: amethyst
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I think it's very high for a one year deal. Most thought a bridge deal would pay closer to $4.5-$5 million.

It just set the bar for much bigger numbers if a long term deal is the goal.

Overhardt & Trouba win. Jets huge losers here.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
@sting13
lol, Ok, so you say pay him less than he is worth. Should you get paid less in your job unless you sign a contract for 5 plus years? Don't you feel you should get what you deserve?

I said that because a 1 year deal is an RFA year.
A long term deal would involve UFA years.
The comparable D-Men are making 5.5 (or so) on long term deals.
If he's not willing to sign long term then he should not be paid like he is giving up UFA years. Simple.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Im not gonna be able to cheer for a guy who clearly has no interest signing here. Last time there were no negotiations... Im willing to be there weren't any this time either. Get rid of him.
i'm curious how your take-home msg is that he doesn't want to play in Wpg

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
When can he sign an extension by? I'd be surprised if Chevy traded him before the draft, and didn't at least try to extend him before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad