Speculation: What to do with Patty Maroon

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
I think you're right. May 14th was the Monday Night Miracle. Today is the 21st, 7 days later and that is Maroon's number. I think it will be his day like you say and he puts us in Final.

I screwed up, Monday Night Miracle was on May 12th - Ha............Sorry

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Bobby Orrtuzzo gonna come up with a spectacular 2nd career playoff goal here.

Or possibly JBo.

Our D is going to shine tonight boys!

Reactions: STLBLUES44

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
If you watch any of the film in the locker room after a win I think he has value and really enjoys playing.
Plus being a home town boy makes for a great story. Yes he is slow and not the quickest on the ice but maybe giving him a 2 year deal wouldn't hurt the team chemistry.

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
Blues needs to get faster and letting Maroon walk is the first step.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think it was a JR piece, he had an unattributed quote from an NHL coach/front office person. I suspect it was Hitchcock, but its just my speculation:
"He's a dinosaur, but there's nobody left who knows how to play against a dinosaur."

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Bump...

If we're going to discuss Maroon's next contract can we talk about it in here and not the old 1.75M contract thread? I see those get bumped and for a split second I think it's a new contract...

Also, anybody else on board with my crazy idea below in giving him 8 years for cheap cap hit. He gets his money, and we get him at barely above minimum contract level.

He's 30. How long is he a serviceable player for? 4 more years, maybe? How would it look if the blues gave him 1.25 per for 8 years? 10M but really thinned out per year for cap. So instead of 4 X 2.5 you give him 8 years. He can be LTIR'd if he gets broken, or if he's an AHL player in 4 years, you're only paying like 300K in cap penalties to send him down. Looks like he's earned 9.5M over his career thus far.

I'm not saying I would do this but just curious if you could get a hometown guy like Maroon on a long term deal like that. He still gets his money, and the cap is pretty much nothing. Although the Seattle expansion would probably make this a no on his end, if he could just get snagged in two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->