What to do with Nurse?

How would you handle Nurse?

• Total voters

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Nurse had an admirable 2 games after Klefbom went down, but it doesn't seem like he can fill those skates and on a somewhat unrelated matter it seems like Gravel is coming up short of filling in Russell's skates as well. I do think Nurse on the whole has played better since Klefbom went down, but when you are playing that extra tier up in the pecking order it's tougher to demonstrate that, I'm hoping when Klef is back he can make that 2nd pairing more formidable than it was when Klef was healthy.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Nurse had more than 2 good games. The guy is logging close to 30mins every night and has 10pts in last 9GP.

He just needs to minimize his defensive mistakes.. when going against top lines they are costly.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Nurse had more than 2 good games. The guy is logging close to 30mins every night and has 10pts in last 9GP.

He just needs to minimize his defensive mistakes.. when going against top lines they are costly.

Agreed. Simply logging way too much ice time as is Larsson, but what are you going to do. The alternatives for those extra minutes are not pretty.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Last game vs. Florida: 1G 1A, +3, 8 SOG, 4 hits, 31:49 TOI

Last 5 games: 4 points, +3, averaging 25 minutes a night

Halfway through the season and the kid is putting up 0.5 PPG while filling in admirably on the top pairing. He's improving even when tasked with more minutes and as the games are getting harder. This is why you don't ever make a snap judgement on young D. Their development can go all over the place from season to season or even during the season as we're now seeing.

Right now he's welcome in my long-term top 4. I hope to say the same at the end of the season though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->