What to do with Nurse?

How would you handle Nurse?

• Total voters

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Hitch agreed with you in todays post game, said the more he plays the better he plays talking about 25 mins a night might be closer to ideal for him and this is on top of Hitch saying previously that the floor for Klefbom is 25 mins, sounds like bad news for Gravel he might be on the underside of 10 mins fairly regularly if Hitch holds true to his takes on both of Klef and Nurse.

Ever since Klef got inured, Nurse also has 3 points in the last 2 games I believe and no actually I believe Gravel and Jones played around minutes no? He was good. Not noticeable, which is good

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
WE should have traded Nurse before he gets 30 or 40 pts. (sarcasm)

To think that people were literally freaking out about the Klefbom injury. Nurse gets his assignment and he's flying, scoring goals, playing huge minutes. Just like I stated he would.

Nurse is the only D we have up here with offensive DNA. That people questioned his use on the PP is astounding.

Reactions: KYams17

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
What's all this talk about trading Nurse?

He makes mistakes. We all know that to be a legit top 4 Dman in the NHL you can't make any mistakes. That's why every game in the league, other than ours, ends 1-0 in a SO. Don't bother looking that fact up, it's 100% true.

We should trade Larsson & Klefbom too. I saw Larsson make a mistake last game & Klefbom is so ****ing lazy he didn't even bother to show up for the last 2 games.

We should probably trade McDavid too for his own good but not Draisaitl because he's overpaid, lazy & sucks & fits right in on this sucky useless squad.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Everyone makes mistakes, but Nurse makes a lot more of them than others in similar roles.

Yes, he's an athletic monster who can skate fast and play nasty. He's also good at not seeing passing opportunities, losing his check more frequently than others, pinching at the wrong moment, and more having lapses in concentration.

Nurse can hopefully further iron out these issues, but he's 24 this season. He's not smart now, and he's not going to be. Don't let the odd moment cloud your view.

I'd take Josh Morrissey over him in a heartbeat.

Redbarchettayyz

Oct 30, 2009
Edmonton
Nurse still shows flashes and glimpses. What is it they always say, you don’t really know what you have in a D until they’ve played 300 games? I still think he’s a valuable piece as at least a middle pairing guy, don’t want to make the same mistake we made with Petry.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nurse still shows flashes and glimpses. What is it they always say, you don’t really know what you have in a D until they’ve played 300 games? I still think he’s a valuable piece as at least a middle pairing guy, don’t want to make the same mistake we made with Petry.

I agree completely.

Although its hard to not see eye to eye with an obvious Rush fan whose user name has the titles of 2 tracks from their best album. :D

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

To think that people were literally freaking out about the Klefbom injury. Nurse gets his assignment and he's flying, scoring goals, playing huge minutes. Just like I stated he would.

Nurse is the only D we have up here with offensive DNA. That people questioned his use on the PP is astounding.

Agree 100%. He got more minutes in the last 2 games and has 3 points. He's on pace for 50 points but he won't hit that? Nurse is doing good but fans want him traded. If that happens, we will regret it like Schultz and Petry

Reactions: guymez

Bangers

May 31, 2006

Sorry, but I don't ever see a PP stud with Nurse. He doesn't have the shot to be a threat from the blue line and he's not creative enough or a good enough passer to QB a PP.

With his skating, I could eventually see him being a threat on the PK though.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Sorry, but I don't ever see a PP stud with Nurse. He doesn't have the shot to be a threat from the blue line and he's not creative enough or a good enough passer to QB a PP.

With his skating, I could eventually see him being a threat on the PK though.

Nurse shot is actually pretty decent but I think what holds him back from being a decent QB on the PP is his passing and decision making with the puck.

IQ and offerssive awareness is not there yet - not sure if it will ever be....

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Apparently the thing to do with Nurse is play him 30 minutes per game and on the top PP unit. Seems to be working out pretty good. Guy is a f***ing stud, doesn’t have it all figured out, isn’t Pronger 2.0, but he’s a damn good hockey player who still has only played 230 NHL games, which is less than 3 full seasons.

Reactions: TheBasementDweller

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Nurse shot is actually pretty decent but I think what holds him back from being a decent QB on the PP is his passing and decision making with the puck.

How good does he have to be to have hockey IQ and awesness 60 points? 70 points? 80 points?

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

fully agree. hopefully hitch and yawney can mentor him properly.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
How good does he have to be to have hockey IQ and awesness 60 points? 70 points? 80 points?

i think it's more than points. he needs to see the ice better. too often he'll get paralyzed and not know what to do with the puck when he has it ready to head man it up from his own zone.... something akin to a qb not being able to quickly process the play in front of him and make a good pass or "tuck and run with it".

also doesn't always have the best instincts when carrying the puck into the o zone and deciding what to do. sometimes he'll just skate himself into a bad spot and the play dies or becomes a bad turnover.

good skater, physical presence, strong athlete, so-so hard shot. questionable hockey iq all over the ice, and very meh hands. that being said there is a bit of offensive potential hidden in there somewhere i think... maybe....

defintiely a useful player if well directed because of some good physical traits.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Agree 100%. He got more minutes in the last 2 games and has 3 points. He's on pace for 50 points but he won't hit that? Nurse is doing good but fans want him traded. If that happens, we will regret it like Schultz and Petry
Yeah, except nobody is clammering to trade him for a late draft pick like those 2 players. Also, apparently 14 pts in 33 games is somehow a 50 point pace now.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Apparently the thing to do with Nurse is play him 30 minutes per game and on the top PP unit. Seems to be working out pretty good. Guy is a f***ing stud, doesn’t have it all figured out, it’s Pronger 2.0, but he’s a damn good hockey player who still hasn’t played

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
I’ve always considered him part of our core, still do, I’m torn though. I’m all for trading him if the return is nice, but I do also have faith in him being able to develop and maintain a higher level of confidence in himself and his ability too.

You can’t hate or teach this guys nastiness lol, without it on our backend we’d get bullied far more often.

I’m hoping Caleb/Persson/Bear show some real promise by the time of the expansion.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Well, we are 1-2-1 since the Klefbom injury, so the worry was/is warranted.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Nurse is gonna be good down the road for sure. I want to see him get a little nastier. He doesn't have that Chris Pronger edge even though he "models" his game after Pronger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad