What to do with Nikita Zaitsev....

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Another solid game last night, good on the PK and the best defensive defender somehow managing the very rare feat to have a positive scoring differential with 0% offensive zone starts.

....but let's get rid of him cause defense isnt this teams problem right?

Move on to your next outrage folks....

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
He at least looks a little better with Muzzin and for some reason is better playing a man down. Hopefully this tricks some GM into taking him

He would probably do really well on a third pair, but the team cannot afford that.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
hes more of an edge, so athletes use viagara to help with blood flow, or ridilin to focus better.

i would go with a regiment of viagara plus ridilin plus a paleo diet void of any grains and no more vodka before games.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Would try to move him for James Neal then buy Neal out after one year if it doesn't work out.

Neal.png

Zaitsev.png

Leafs do need a LW with size and scoring ability and its possible he could click with either Tavares or Matthews.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
You needed to create your own thread for such a useless redundant opinion that's likely littered among the other X number of Zaitsev threads? Try the search function next time.

Reactions: egd27

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Top-5 upcoming free agent RHD in TOI:
  1. Karlsson
  2. Stralman
  3. Myers
  4. Engelland
  5. Polak
Should be pretty easy to move Zaitsev when that's what's available. Conversely, difficult to find a competent replacement.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Since the Calgary game he's been bad again.

Which is a shame because from Dec 15th to end of February, he's actually gotten a lot better results, and people started to notice and then he's crashed back down again.

That being said, I think it'll be easier to trade him then some here may think. He plays a style that traditionalists like, and most NHL management teams are very traditional thinking. I actually think Vancouver might happen.

Reactions: NHL WAR

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
IMO he's been playing well lately, still not worth 4.5 but he's clearly a good NHL defenseman. Regardless, he'll need to be moved for cap reasons anyway.

Lou spending 14 million on Zaitsev, Marleau and Hainsey doesn't help!

We have talked at length about having a weak blueline, but given our cap constraints, its not going to be an easy problem to fix. With the cap situation and the potential problem with Gardiner departing in the summer, things could be even worse. It means that a lot rides on Lil and/or Sandin stepping up and performing well.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Top-5 upcoming free agent RHD in TOI:
  1. Karlsson
  2. Stralman
  3. Myers
  4. Engelland
  5. Polak
Should be pretty easy to move Zaitsev when that's what's available. Conversely, difficult to find a competent replacement.
Yeah it wont be hard to move zaitsev for a late round pick.

Im suspecting marleau and his cap hit somehow disappear. I hear hes developed an allergy lately. And he will spend the year in the press box with management. Maybe it clears up in february.

But they really gotta hope liljegren can hold down a roster spot next year or theyre in trouble on the right side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad