What to Do With Hynes Poll

What do you think we should do with Hynes, and where is the team headed this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So i guess the seat is more...lukewarm than actually 'hot?'
Well, this goes back to the posts from a week or two ago where I think we mostly all acknowledged it is just fan fantasy to think that Hynes might actually get fired in the midst of this season.

We're 29th in the league now in Pts%. I didn't think it was going to be possible to ever get higher than the 4th seed in the draft lottery, but who knows... we've got more games coming up against Detroit, so maybe we can take over #2 next week.

And STILL... I'm not remotely optimistic that Poile is going to fire Hynes.
:(:mad::help::pullhair::madfire::banghead: :surrender

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Well, this goes back to the posts from a week or two ago where I think we mostly all acknowledged it is just fan fantasy to think that Hynes might actually get fired in the midst of this season.

We're 29th in the league now in Pts%. I didn't think it was going to be possible to ever get higher than the 4th seed in the draft lottery, but who knows... we've got more games coming up against Detroit, so maybe we can take over #2 next week.

And STILL... I'm not remotely optimistic that Poile is going to fire Hynes.
:(:mad::help::pullhair::madfire::banghead: :surrender
I don't know, sounds like they're still evaluating, he just said let's wait a couple of weeks.

Didn't sound like anyone was in the clear....

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I still think Babcock would be a great fit, do like Julien though
At least Julien seems to be in the last year of his contract? But that's $5M per. I don't see us picking that up? Babcock is even more, since he has 2 more years after this one at $6.25M?

I don't see us climbing onboard with those massive deals. :dunno:

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
At least Julien seems to be in the last year of his contract? But that's $5M per. I don't see us picking that up? Babcock is even more, since he has 2 more years after this one at $6.25M?

I don't think we have to pick up the tab on coach still being paid. My understanding of the way it works is the new teams salary offsets whatever the team that fired him is paying.
Washington agreed to pickup Lavy's tab, but unless I'm misunderstanding, it's not required.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

But they can pay Johansen and Duchene. Either Babcock or Juilen would be top choices to weed out the wanna bes on the roster. At this time the team needs an established coach with a proven record. Not a AHL guy or another Hynes.

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site

Attachments

• 95e67b35ad67aa897fb2a362383eb56b.jpg
    95e67b35ad67aa897fb2a362383eb56b.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 3

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I guess one big reason this team is such a mess right now is that Hynes has the roster completely screwed up. I don't think the roles on the team are clear to the players, he's constantly shuffling the lines and assigning the wrong players on wrong positions.

I mean we have Grimaldi in the top-six, Granlund at center which should've never happened again and the $8 mil Johansen at 3C. That tells you just about everything you need to know about this roster right now.

And while I think guys like Duchene and Johansen haven't been on their best, the above-mentioned lineup decisions shouldn't ever happen no matter what.

The one lineup decision that drives me crazy is the top-four defense. I can't understand how the coaching staff doesn't see that Ekholm and Fabbro just don't read each other well and they're not a really good pairing, especially when you see both players with different partners, where they play a lot better. The Josi-Fabbro, Ekholm-Ellis experiment should've happened like it was yesterday.

And the one thing that also gives me a headache is that Hynes is trying to force guys like Cousins into scoring roles, playing him in the top-six and sometimes even on the 1st PP unit. There's a reason this guy's career-high in goals is 12.

Players like Cousins and Grimaldi are perfectly fine for who they are as bottom-six players but for some reason Hynes is trying to elevate them into roles they're clearly not cut out for.

All-in-all, I think just about every player other than Forsberg has to play better in order for this team to succeed, but it has been a constant theme under Hynes that he often isn't even putting players in the positions to succeed. He just forces them into his own lineup and own system that takes away their strengths. The best example for this is Arvy. I'm not sure if he's injured or what but good lord he has fallen off the map.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Dude Ekholm and Fabbro were our best pairing last night. It pains me that you constantly rag on that when Josi Ellis pairing was so bad that night.

Might’ve picked the wrong game to state that point but I stand by it. Ekholm and Fabbro don’t complement each other all that well.

I think Josi-Fabbro and Ekholm-Ellis would give us two 1st pairings and those pairings would be complement each other better than the current ones.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Might’ve picked the wrong game to state that point but I stand by it. Ekholm and Fabbro don’t complement each other all that well.

I think Josi-Fabbro and Ekholm-Ellis would give us two 1st pairings and those pairings would be complement each other better than the current ones.
I don’t disagree with the fact they would be better split as they are our more responsible defensive defensemen.

I can’t state enough how bad Ellis was last night

Reactions: bdub24

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
All-in-all, I think just about every player other than Forsberg has to play better in order for this team to succeed, but it has been a constant theme under Hynes that he often isn't even putting players in the positions to succeed. He just forces them into his own lineup and own system that takes away their strengths. The best example for this is Arvy. I'm not sure if he's injured or what but good lord he has fallen off the map.
Forsberg is a right-handed shot playing on the right side of the PP, while Tolvanen is a left-handed shot playing on the left. WTAF is with that?

Arvidsson made a lot of his points on odd man rushes, getting behind the defense, and greasy goals in front of the net. He's a solid scorer when his table is being set by a playmaker like Johansen or working for rebounds from a threat like Forsberg, not to mention the chemistry those guys have developed playing together. But under Hynes, that is almost entirely out the window. Minimal odd man rushes, a slow transition game based on inaccurate passes, entire games with no forwards going to the net front, and a line blender to make the lines have minimal consistency for grins.

Reactions: bdub24

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
Forsberg is a right-handed shot playing on the right side of the PP, while Tolvanen is a left-handed shot playing on the left. WTAF is with that?

Arvidsson made a lot of his points on odd man rushes, getting behind the defense, and greasy goals in front of the net. He's a solid scorer when his table is being set by a playmaker like Johansen or working for rebounds from a threat like Forsberg, not to mention the chemistry those guys have developed playing together. But under Hynes, that is almost entirely out the window. Minimal odd man rushes, a slow transition game based on inaccurate passes, entire games with no forwards going to the net front, and a line blender to make the lines have minimal consistency for grins.

Forsberg has made a living for years looping over the circle on the right side and sniping on the PP. If anything it makes the most sense for him to play there. Not everyone has an off side Ovi 1 timer

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
I might like Hynes’ coaching better if I could figure out what he’s trying to do. I don’t get the PP nor the PK followed up by a lack of understanding of the 5 on 5 system employed.

Reactions: preds1 and adsfan

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Forsberg has made a living for years looping over the circle on the right side and sniping on the PP. If anything it makes the most sense for him to play there. Not everyone has an off side Ovi 1 timer
Ryan Johansen used to be the #1 guy on the right half wall.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Kirk Mueller?

Former Admirals coach!

Looking at the poll, 14% of 77 votes (11) want to retain Hynes.

Putting it another way, 86% of the fans on here wanted him FIRED NOW!

Who are the doltish people on the Preds BOG?

In my experience, if you can get 70+% of people to agree on anything, you should go with it!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Former Admirals coach!

Looking at the poll, 14% of 77 votes (11) want to retain Hynes.

Putting it another way, 86% of the fans on here wanted him FIRED NOW!

Who are the doltish people on the Preds BOG?

In my experience, if you can get 70+% of people to agree on anything, you should go with it!
And many of the people wanting to retain Hynes only voted that way so we'd get a higher draft pick, lol. :eek:

Reactions: adsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad