What to do if Wild Bill gets an offer sheet?

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I think this is quite possible when you look at our cap situation. Let's say it's 6 years 6.5-7 million AAV. Do you match it? Do you decide it's Glass time? What would McPhee do?

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
GMGM already screwed the pooch with dealing out too many high paying contracts . Everyone talks about how players are making more because the lack of state income tax so I expected to have contracts that look more like a hometown discount, but he has overpaid a few players and I knew this was coming. To keep Karlsson, he'll need to offload several players and undercut or not offer some others. I believe that fans will not be happy because not everyone will be back, but every team goes through this. I just feel that he could have managed the cap better.

Reactions: Aurinko

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
GMGM already screwed the pooch with dealing out too many high paying contracts . Everyone talks about how players are making more because the lack of state income tax so I expected to have contracts that look more like a hometown discount, but he has overpaid a few players and I knew this was coming. To keep Karlsson, he'll need to offload several players and undercut or not offer some others. I believe that fans will not be happy because not everyone will be back, but every team goes through this. I just feel that he could have managed the cap better.

The fans would really be pissed if he got rid of Reaves, but he probably could since his contract only has a year left. And let's face it: the odds are that next you will be paying Reaves about a million per goal. I don't see him flirting with 10 again,

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
The fans would really be pissed if he got rid of Reaves, but he probably could since his contract only has a year left. And let's face it: the odds are that next you will be paying Reaves about a million per goal. I don't see him flirting with 10 again,

Reaves is vastly overpaid and the locals like him because they are still learning the game and love his hard hits and personality. They don't realize how overpaid he is and while he isnt the worst player on the team, he is the most overpaid for what he does on the ice. I see other players standing up for other players more than he does this season. He's failed if he is expected to be an enforcer this season. Since hes already been paid, he better step it up in the playoffs and take care of opposing players that run the goalie, not let players like tkchuck get comfortable in front of fleury like he has in every game this year, and to be more of an agitator.

Reactions: Vegas Mac

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Marchy made a reasonable 5M$ contract, and Karlsson probably could have gone for a similar deal year ago.

With the big contracts situation hasn't gotten easier. McPhee can't expect him to give much discount after making huge deals with Max, Stastny and Stone. Reaves is getting paid because fans love him, but the fans have a soft spot for Karlsson also.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I think this is quite possible when you look at our cap situation. Let's say it's 6 years 6.5-7 million AAV. Do you match it? Do you decide it's Glass time? What would McPhee do?

I'd wish him the best and start planning that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Reaves is vastly overpaid and the locals like him because they are still learning the game and love his hard hits and personality. They don't realize how overpaid he is and while he isnt the worst player on the team, he is the most overpaid for what he does on the ice. I see other players standing up for other players more than he does this season. He's failed if he is expected to be an enforcer this season. Since hes already been paid, he better step it up in the playoffs and take care of opposing players that run the goalie, not let players like tkchuck get comfortable in front of fleury like he has in every game this year, and to be more of an agitator.

Not this bullshit again...

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Offer sheets cannot happen if player doesn't want it.

Second, team and/or player can elect arbitration which eliminates threat of offer sheet.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol I like him and I've been watching this game for 20 years.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He would not get an offer sheet. Teams would realize they only sign him if there are stalled contract talks between us and him. And in that case they wait a year and get him for free or do an actual trade.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I'd wish him the best and start planning that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick.

If that's the compensation, I'd do the same. If he was unrestricted I might think about matching a 7 million AAV overpay offer, but not if we are getting those picks.

It's not like we don't have a replacement waiting in the wings who was drafted to be an actual first-line Center, and we need the prospect infusion. We haven't had that many drafts and we've already squandered a 1st. 2nd and 3rd.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He will not get an offer sheet from another team so it is an academic exercise but I think anything close to 7M is too much money taking our forward money we already have into consideration and how much we would have to improve defense.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Could a short term contract offer compromise?

I'm pretty damn sure Bill wants to stay.
Bill wants a long term contract with us. Which is the reason why he took the 1 year contract, because GMGM didn't offer him a long term contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad