What the two sides should offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
likea said:
also John

lets not forget that the league is going to take a major hit in revenue but costs for the team like hotels, food money..ect...ect will remain the same

I just think 60% is way too much

1 million profit per team is not that much money...esp when you consider the hit that they will take in the next 5 years

If they finish this year (highly doubtful at this point) I don't think you'd see the NHL take much of a hit in revenue. Now if they lose all of this year and then don't have a deal done by mid-summer then yes I think they will take a substantialy hit money wise.

Paft of my thinking is to make sure that hockey was played this year.

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
If I understand how Goodenow operates (that’s a big IF) he will join the talks today with a new comprehensive NHLPA offer (200 plus very detailed pages, and not some lame half-baked “framework†on a couple of sheets of paper), that combines the previous 24% rollback with some new major concession, such as a harsh luxury tax over $50M. This will be the NHLPA’s “best offer†and will be explained as their bona fide attempt to save the season, the game, the league, etc., and will position the league into trying to explain why they haven’t made any major compromise (moving from 54% to 55% is not it). The advantages of this are two-fold. First the owners may take the deal in some modified form (though they better read the small print before they do). Second, the NHLPA obtains some measure of public support, so that when players participate in other North American leagues next season, they are not, in effect, boycotted by hockey fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad