What the Opening Road Trip Showed, and a Look Ahead.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
"The Carolina Hurricanes have certainly had a less than impressive start to the season after a road trip that saw them go 1-3-2. A bad opening trip does not mean Carolina is out of the playoff hunt. It also does not mean that this young team will be bad the whole season. Still, every game is important and trends can turn into season-long patterns. With the wild card format, many teams are fighting for playoff spots until the last day of the regular season. The margin between the getting in and going home can be very slim."

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2016/10/27/hurricanes-road-trip-recap/

also the case to claim Dylan McIlrath.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2016/10/28/canes-claim-dylan-mcilrath/

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i only read the second article, but i see no reason why an appeal to not having a player like jesse boulerice or kevin westgarth would be a convincing reason to pick up mcilrath

its not that in a world where we didnt sign nakladal or dahlbeck i wouldnt open to signing mcilrath

its just that comparing anyone to kevin westgarth or jesse boulerice is not a strong case for adding them to your hockey team

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
When was our last fight, I honestly do not remember? Last thing that comes to mind is when Hainsey busted that guy from Dallas two years back, but it wasn't really a fight, more of a beat down after running into our goalie.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
We are at our best when mathematically eliminated from the post season. If the year could be condensed into that span of games we'd be a playoff team. Then we wouldn't because we wouldn't be eliminated until the last game which we'd lose.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
When was our last fight, I honestly do not remember? Last thing that comes to mind is when Hainsey busted that guy from Dallas two years back, but it wasn't really a fight, more of a beat down after running into our goalie.

Hainsey got in a little slapfight with Getzlaf where you could tell neither one of them was really that into it. Last good one I can remember is Faulk vs. Lupul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad