Line Combos: What the lineup should be next game

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I find it interesting where some split up the Reilly / Juulsen pairing when Weber comes back. If this is the case, why is Reilly not playing with Petry at the moment?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's only fair that Reilly should be getting the top minutes with Weber, he's been our best LD by far this year. Style wise him and Weber balance each other out nicely too. I would go some thing like Weber-Reilly, Mete-Petry and Ouellet-Juulsen. Realistically Benn would probably be in for Ouellet though.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Reilly is what the doctor ordered for Weber's Partner and I think Mete should go the the AHL and gets back to dominating the league he plays in.

Reilly Weber
Ouelette Petry
Schlemko Juulsen

Trade one of Benn or Alzner

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If you guys want a team that plays tough, sometimes penalties will happen. Taking White out would be the dumbest move and completely contradict our entire change in philosophy. You'll be telling Prust, Moen and Armstrong to tone it down. Our group has gelled together because of how these guys have stood up for one another. Those of you saying White should be benched should give their heads a shake.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Cole
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - White - Armstrong

If you're willing to bench Armstrong, Gallagher and Eller, you should be able to bench our pseudo number-one center who hasn't produced in the first three games to try Galchenyuk at center with a bigger group down the middle. We only have 4 games to test him out. We should try it if we're planning on doing this whole rotation thing.

I agree, give Chucky a chance.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
By the end of the year:

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Hudon
Byron Danault Shaw
Lehkonen Poehling/Chaput/Peca Armia

Mete Weber
Reilly Petry
Kulak Benn/Juulsen

Price
Niemi

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
By the end of the year:

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Hudon
Byron Danault Shaw

Mete Weber
Reilly Petry
Kulak Benn/Juulsen

Price
Niemi

Okay, let's get real once again. Same nonsense with Scherbak earlier. By the end of the year, both plugs are out of the system.

Toligwen

Jan 5, 2019
Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Hudon
Byron Danault Shaw

I did had the same idea of moving Armia off the JK wing and replace with Hudon
It's not about "pure talent" it's about the role they fill ; although Armia has been pretty ok where he is now, he would be a great addition to the 4th and that lets Hudon in a role he fits better than be a shutdown 4th liner / not playing at all. If anything, it will increase his value if we have to get rid of him at some point, but I somehow see him fit well alongside Smilekid.
I'm not sure to be with you on the other split. Separating Domi and Drouin to get the latter with JK seems weird to me and I'm not sure Hudon smoothens the chemistry. I'd stick with DD-duo and go with Byron on the wing of Kotkaniemi, with an option on sticking to Lehkonen.
Drouin "has" to stay with Domi until we find another legit partner to go with his style

~~
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Domi Shaw / Armia

Byron Kotkaniemi Hudon

Lehkonen Peca-Chaput Armia /Shaw
~~

Problem is we can't see clear cut one of the two top lines being first and second
If Poehling plays this year, it would be over Peca-Chaput obviously

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I did had the same idea of moving Armia off the JK wing and replace with Hudon
It's not about "pure talent" it's about the role they fill ; although Armia has been pretty ok where he is now, he would be a great addition to the 4th and that lets Hudon in a role he fits better than be a shutdown 4th liner / not playing at all. If anything, it will increase his value if we have to get rid of him at some point, but I somehow see him fit well alongside Smilekid.
I'm not sure to be with you on the other split. Separating Domi and Drouin to get the latter with JK seems weird to me and I'm not sure Hudon smoothens the chemistry. I'd stick with DD-duo and go with Byron on the wing of Kotkaniemi, with an option on sticking to Lehkonen.
Drouin "has" to stay with Domi until we find another legit partner to go with his style

~~
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Domi Shaw / Armia

Byron Kotkaniemi Hudon

Lehkonen Peca-Chaput Armia /Shaw
~~

Problem is we can't see clear cut one of the two top lines being first and second
If Poehling plays this year, it would be over Peca-Chaput obviously

I split up Domi and Drouin partly because I want Tatar and Gallagher to play with a more offensive center. And that has to be Domi, because Julien doesn't trust Kotkaniemi with big two way minutes yet. And if Domi snd Drouin are split, I want Drouin playing with Kk, not Danault. Knowing Julien he'd put a more defensive player with kk and Dru, but i think Hudon might make that a really good offensive line. Would they be ok defensively? Im not sure. But i'd like to try it. I like kk's two way game, so it might work.

That leaves acreally strong bottom six, headlined by Danault, Byron, Shaw, Lehkonen, and Armia. Chaput probably wins one of the bottom six center roles now. And because Poehling must be protected from Seattle if he plays this year, we wait until next year for him to take over.

But anyways these lines wont be tried because Julien always sticks to the same stale line combinations.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Clod gonna Clod........he almost never changes this stuff up.........would love to see them mix it up tonight, move JD and Tatar to the other lines, and see what happens...

Have we brought Juulssen back up yet? Has he been playing well in Laval?

Reactions: HKbleu

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Why haven't we seen this even for 1 game while shaw is out?

Drouin-Domi-Gally
Tatar-danault-byron
Leks-kotka-armia
Agostino-peca/chaput-hudon/Dlo

Give Gally the 1st line RW already...

Reactions: HKbleu

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Trying to make a productive line-up with our players is like a pointless hand in crib, no matter how you move them around, it's still nada.

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Domi - Drouin - Armia
Agostino - Shaw - Deslauriers

Kulak - Weber
Schlemko - Petry
Reilly - Benn

Price
Niemi

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I can’t speak for the rest of you but I certainly would love to see Karl Alzner get at least 5 more games after his great efforts against the Blues.;)

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I'm not one to usually start a thread but I think it's time. This power play unit has to be the worst I've ever seen a Habs fan in my short 31 years on earth lol. I remember 10 years ago when you "survived" a Habs PP, you didn't kill it.

So I figured this would be a good opportunity to discuss ideas on what we would do to try and fix it instead of just laugh at how bad it is.

One thing I was thinking about is potentially having Drouin - Domi - KK up front and Mete - Weber on the points. Mete could help QB it with some nice passing, Drouin control the left half wall and leave KK at top right circle to get some one timers off. His one timer looked pretty alright to me yesterday.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I would switch agostino with danault on the 1st unit since danault can do everything that agostino can, but better. That 1st unit also lacks any centerman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad