What team would benefit most from a rebuild?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
What team would benefit most from a rebuild or perform the best rebuild?

IMO, if they could get him to wave his NTC that Ovechkin and Backstrom could really net you a rediculous return to go along with all the other young talent there.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Vancouver, Minnesota, New Jersey, Phoenix, Detroit, Edmonton, and Washington

HOLDITHERE*

Usually try not to be homerific, but Washington, really?

New Jersey
Minnesota
San Jose

Before recently, I would've said Vancouver, but they seem to be winning somehow. San Jose will never lose the "choker" label until they blow it up. New Jersey looks like the same team from 1998. Minnesota is declining at an alarming rate.

Billy Mays Here*

Minnesota can't afford to rebuild as Suter, Parise, Pominville, etc. are all in their prime right now. One bad season like this one and a guy like McDavid couldn't hurt though.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I'd say New Jersey. They have a good goalie situation ( Schneider signed long term and is young and Kinkaid seems to be a very good backup as well) figured out....but the rest of that team is just, yikes

Bps21*

The irony of a team like minnesota winning the lottery and being praised because they didn't try to be bad would be hilarious. Parise and Suter wouldn't sign with buffalo (they tried) or Edmonton...and I bet my life Edmonton was on pomminvilles list of teams he wouldn't go to. So they get 2 ways to get talent that "tanking" teams don't...let's reward them with the only other way...and then claim it's a good thing.

Billy Mays Here*

The irony of a team like minnesota winning the lottery and being praised because they didn't try to be bad would be hilarious. Parise and Suter wouldn't sign with buffalo (they tried) or Edmonton...and I bet my life Edmonton was on pomminvilles list of teams he wouldn't go to. So they get 2 ways to get talent that "tanking" teams don't...let's reward them with the only other way...and then claim it's a good thing.

Why wouldn't it be a good thing? Fletcher built up a group of young guys promising enough to get Parise and Suter to sign here, then he had enough young assets to trade for Pominville. Even good teams have bad seasons, just look at Anaheim a few years ago. So because we didn't trade away everybody and purposely tank we're not allowed to ever get a high pick in the draft?

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I think the Canucks could turn it around quick if they decided to do a full-out rebuild. They have some really nice pieces to build around.

Horvat, Virtanen, Tanev, and Lack would be the building blocks. Keep Hamhuis for leadership.

They'll be fine rebuilding on the fly anyways. I the best answer for this thread is New Jersey.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I'm going to say my team, New Jersey, for the obvious fact that our forwards are ancient, but....

They have a good goalie situation ( Schneider signed long term and is young and Kinkaid seems to be a very good backup as well) figured out....but the rest of that team is just, yikes

Our defense is pretty much set too. We have a ton of young talent (Larsson is playing fantastic now that PDB is gone, Merrill, Severson is wonderful as well, Gelinas is good, tons more D talent in the pipeline with Santini and Jacobs).

Realistically, we need an overhaul at forward. McEichel would be a godsend for this team, but we'll likely be bad enough not to make the playoffs but good enough to miss a good lottery shot. Purgatory.

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
New Jersey to the nth degree.

How the hell are Elias and Jagr (especially) still playing, let alone depended upon as key offensive contributors?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Usually try not to be homerific, but Washington, really?

New Jersey
Minnesota
San Jose

Before recently, I would've said Vancouver, but they seem to be winning somehow. San Jose will never lose the "choker" label until they blow it up. New Jersey looks like the same team from 1998. Minnesota is declining at an alarming rate.

I guess i meant they could perform the best rebuild not that they necessarily needed one.

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
The Maple Leafs would benefit the most seeing they never done a rebuild since the salary cap era, and have only been in the playoffs once in nine seasons!! The Leafs may miss the playoffs again this season. :shakehead

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
For some reason hfboards decided to delete my post (???) I suggested the devil's they're fine in goal, have talent on the D but my god do they need some high end forward depth considering right now they're 27th in goals scored they could use some scoring depth.

BigBush*

Dont think Ottawa needs a "rebuild" but they have a lot of dead weight they need to find a way to get rid of

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->