What team(s) were a seller at the deadline and made the playoffs that year anyways?

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I'm sure it has happened before. And i'm not talking about someone swapping a roster player for roster player as a shake up.

Who has sold at the deadline, picked up prospects and picks and then made it that same year? Wasn't st louis close to doing this when they traded shattenkirk?

Really wish this could happen to my team. Aquire assets, slip in anyways and gain some PO experience for the first time in a decade, and have ammo for the following trade deadline. It'll never happen to Buffalo though.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I checked and St.Louis did make the playoffs that year, but wasn't that more about just preserving the asset value, since it was well known Shatty wanted out?

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Not the biggest moves, but Calgary in 2014-15 sold Glencross and Baertschi at the deadline and made the 2nd round of the playoffs

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I checked and St.Louis did make the playoffs that year, but wasn't that more about just preserving the asset value, since it was well known Shatty wanted out?

It was entirely because he was going to walk.

Turned out to be the best thing for the team. Almost immediately they improved defensively and actually went on a bit of a run to end the season.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
Blues were a win away last year, but blew it in the last game of the regular season to Colorado. Previously had traded Stastny for picks and prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad