What team is in the worst shape?

Worst shape?

• Total voters

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Moving forward Avs are a beaut. Will definitely be a cup contender in a few years.

Until Melnyk is gone I'm saying Ott

Reactions: Gecklund

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's really between Edmonton and Ottawa for me. Edmonton has McDavid, but they're also littered with a ton of horrible contracts that will be very difficult to move. Ottawa sucks though and they don't have their 1st for this year.

Reactions: CrypTic

SouthWest

Apr 16, 2013
Canada
I think its probably Edmonton right now.

the Oilers have a cap crunch, bad contacts, and few valuable assets to trade.

At least with Ottawa you know they are dumping Stone and Duchene for assets, and are holding some nice young players in Chabot, White, and Tkachuk. The only bad contract holding them down is Ryan's, but they have a ton of cap space available.

Reactions: Crocoduck

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Colorado shouldn't be an option here.

Detroit look pretty shitty without much cap space, though I am not really sure what they have coming up in terms of prospects. But they're bad enough to get a really good pick whereas EDM is held to that middle of nowhere land thanks to McDavid.

LA Kings.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
LA, Anaheim, Ottawa, and Detroit I think are in the worst shape and you can't go wrong with any. I'll go with Ottawa.

And what on earth is Colorado doing in this poll

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Colorado is the best out of that group easily.

Anaheim is a mess right now but when they finally fire their coach they might be better. We'll see.

Edmonton and Ottawa are complete freakin disasters so it's between them for sure. I was just going back and forth last night on who is a bigger dumpster fire. Considering Edmonton has McDavid, it SHOULD be Ottawa. But Edmonton is seriously making a run to be a bigger disaster than them which is incredible.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Moving forward Avs are a beaut. Will definitely be a cup contender in a few years.

Until Melnyk is gone I'm saying Ott

What on earth would make anyone suspect that we'll ever even make the playoffs in consecutive seasons? That would require a FO that's paying attention.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
LA, Anaheim, Ottawa, and Detroit I think are in the worst shape and you can't go wrong with any. I'll go with Ottawa.

And what on earth is Colorado doing in this poll
That’s an interesting inclusion. Care to explain?

OP- this is Oilers or Senators. Leaning Sens because it gets worse when the Avs pick for them in June.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
As bad as it looks for Edmonton, at least those contracts will run out eventually. They’re bound to surround McDavid with better players, it’s just frustrating they’re spinning their wheels.

Ottawa could suck for the next 5 years and still be a bottom team in the league. If they’re the league worst team now, what are they without Duchene, Stone and Dzingel ? Borderline AHL team. Their owner doesn’t want to spend the amount needed to keep star players. They don’t have their 1st overall pick this year.

Sometimes it takes a long ass time to rebuild and it feels like it’ll never end. Ottawa could become one of those teams. Getting multiple star players via drafts is a game of luck and that’s what they need before they can even be a mediocre team, their existing roster will be that bad.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Colorado is in quite a good position, going forward. Detroit, on the other hand, should be here. LA, Chicago and Minny are also in that group. They have some rebuilding to do.

But I'm going with Ottawa.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Why is Colorado even an option? There are probably 20 teams in worse position than them going forward. They have MacKinnon locked up at 6.3M. Makar coming up and a high Ottawa pick, possibly their own if they keep falling.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Ottawa because they don't own their 1st round pick this year. They could lose Duchene and Stone. Could be some rough years ahead.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Ottawa really needs to be evaluated post-deadline. What happens with Stone/Duchene will have long-term repercussions, good or bad for that franchise.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Going with Ottawa on this one because it looks like they don't want to sign Duchene and Stone. If they can sign Duchene and Stone I would change my vote to Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad