What Stupid Or Unreasonable Thing Do You Want To See In Hockey/NHL?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Not sure if said already and I'm not reading through the whole thread but I'd love it if every player was wired and there was some specialty channel you could just watch the game with all the player commentary instead of listening to most of the *****ebags who call the games here in toronto.

It would have to be a pay per view or on HBO or some channel that allows uncensored offensive stuff :laugh:

Reactions: CupsOverCash

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Exactly! I'd love to hear the **** they say to each other I'm sure a lot of it would be hilarious

The 70’s and 80’s and 90’s would have been a gold mine of juicy footage.

In the past decade or so, it’s tamed way way down I would safely assume.
But yes, hilarious nonetheless.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Note the thread title is "stupid or unreasonable", so deal with it bruv.

1. I know it won't work with the current illuminati ownership group. We dreamin' here. I love hockey, not the NHL League.

:laugh: wow - exaggerate much? Why would any businessman have to risk his entire business simply because his hockey team finished in last place?

Would you risk your successful investment year after year on a 8 month season? Didn't think so.

2. If the NHL Champ doesn't auto-win the cup maybe the 16 win playoff format would indeed have to change. Leagues can decide their own champs (even just on season points). Imagining a SCP with NHL, KHL, and other-league teams (considering some parity).

file this one in the stupid column. got it.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Exotic dancers performing on the ice between periods. Would that be an unreasonable request?
Been done
Kings vs Pens 1974
Kings owner had a stripper skate around the ice, doing what strippers do, as security chased her keystone kops style. Finally she leaves the ice near the Zamboni entrance wearing skates and a bikini bottom and a boa.
Bob Miller's Tales from the Los Angeles Kings
I seem to have romanticized more than Bob. But I was only 10 at the time and it was the first time I had seen a live person naked in public. Funny thing was on the way home there was a male streaker as we got off the freeway. His friends were took off and my mom wanted to save and give him a ride.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
One fight automatic game misconduct

once you get 3 game misconducts you get a 2 game suspension

for every game misconduct you get due to fighting after the first suspension--you get an automatic 1 game suspension

I grew up loving fighting when I was a kid--but since I started dealing with players and seeing first hand the problems some are having due to them fighting in the game

Fighting should go

and the more I watch European games the more I believe the games would be better for it

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Stupid and unreasonable, I'd like to see each team to carry again enforcers in their roster. Back in the days when fighting stood for sports entertainment and not post-concussion depression, tough guys were the most interesting personalities in hockey.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
One fight automatic game misconduct

once you get 3 game misconducts you get a 2 game suspension

for every game misconduct you get due to fighting after the first suspension--you get an automatic 1 game suspension

I grew up loving fighting when I was a kid--but since I started dealing with players and seeing first hand the problems some are having due to them fighting in the game

Fighting should go

and the more I watch European games the more I believe the games would be better for it

Yes gotta love seeing player tryna chop other players finger off with their stick because they know they don't have to answer to their actions anymore :)

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I want NHL.TV to show games that are aired on NHL Network.

And to let us only hear the game sounds. No announcers.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
you should be able to use decimal points for your jersey number, and be able to pick 3 digits as well

Aug 3, 2010
Only defencemen can drop down to their knees to block a shot. Forwards can also block shots but only while standing. Failure to comply results in a no-timeouts, no line change faceoff.

Why? Because I want to see more shots make it to the net instead of a group of 5 wannabe goaltenders scrambling across their defensive zone.

Nathan Henderson

Aug 23, 2018
freeview to watch CHL online . saint john sea dogs were free to the public in their inaugural season lets go back to that. Canadian division so it guarantees a Canadian team in playoffs

Reactions: Peanut

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Advertising drones that fly around during the break. I think it'd be a cool way to do adverts, but I'm more interested in the wind from the drones hopefully helping the ice to freeze faster so that the players don't start a period playing in puddles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->