What stocks are you buying right now? Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Premarket has been holding fairly steady all morning. Was a small drop early but has since moved to a smaller gain. I feel a drop is coming though.

and everything down like I said. Going to be a horrible day

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
AMRN dropping hard. Glad I sold at 7.90$
Alteryx is one I really should have gone into last week based on a recommendation here.

It makes no sense that it dropped so hard, everyone knew the generics where going to get FDA approval. Anyone who bought again under 7$ will make easy money.

Sty1877

Mar 21, 2010
BABA and ROKU getting killed. Thank god i got out of these pigs on Monday.

Hate to sell on such a red day but I wonder if I should dump BABA. This U.S-China shit has me worried for a bigger plummet.

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
and everything down like I said. Going to be a horrible day

As of this second the DOW is down a mere 90 points, NASDAQ up 2, and the S&P down 9. That’s hardly nothing.

EDIT: For the record, I do think there’s a decent drop overall today if not a big one.

Last edited:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I just remembered that it's a long weekend in the US. I'm thinking many traders will want to be in cash for the 3-day weekend. In an environment where news that could hurt the market in a big way is more likely to occur than normal, some traders won't want to sit on their bets until the market opens on Tuesday.

Reactions: Duke749

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Gold and silver carrying the portfolio today, green day for me so far...

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
It makes no sense that it dropped so hard, everyone knew the generics where going to get FDA approval. Anyone who bought again under 7$ will make easy money.

From 6.50$ to 7.30$ in 30 min, as I said, easy money. I think it will finish higher thanks to the COVID 19 research.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I just remembered that it's a long weekend in the US. I'm thinking many traders will want to be in cash for the 3-day weekend. In an environment where news that could hurt the market in a big way is more likely to occur than normal, some traders won't want to sit on their bets until the market opens on Tuesday.

On the flip side, if everyone has an enjoyable weekend without much bad news I could see people feeling very comfortable with throwing their money at some stocks early next week :naughty:

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Does anyone know much about the Drone Delivery Canada stock on the TSX? I have been interested in this for a while but not sure if it's worth a buy.

DDC were propped up by a fancy idea that is losing a lot of steam. Meanwhile they are burning through cash pretty fast. Honestly, how big is the market for delivery by drones? It's probably never going to make sense to deliver consumer packages by drone, the air space and logistics (and battery burn) just don't make sense.

There are much better plays in the drone / earth observation market. If its drones you're interested in, you might look at where the drone market actually makes sense and money is made. Companies that fly drones and provide solution services like processed image and data products / analytics in one package are actually making money. Companies serving agriculture (precision agriculture) and mining are doing well. You'd have to do your own research, but a company like Devron (DVR) comes to mind.

If its drone technology and the consumer market you're interested in then you definitely want to check out Draganfly (DFLY). Security concerns will prevent Chinese companies from selling drones in North America, the US at least, and DFLY is poised to grab that market share.

Reactions: PithShiver

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I love $ALT recouping my losses by itself. Sold a few days ago after a neat profit, got back in with it dipped, and now thinking of reselling or holding for the weekend.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
Does anyone know what could happen if the U.S. cuts off the Chinese companies from the stock market? Would we just lose all our shares? Wanting to drop some serious coin on BABA but a bit worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->