What stocks are you buying right now? Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
KNR Kontrol Energy a.k.a Kontrol Technologies.

Backstory:
  1. Historically a smart buildings and air monitoring company with a strong inside ownership and a compelling leadership team - check out some of Paul Ghezzi's interviews for more
  2. Developed BioCloud fast during the last 4-5 months of the pandemic - it's a 'safe space technology' that monitors air quality and can detect a variety of airborne impurities, pathogens and the like - will sell for $12k per unit initially and then there is x-sell and upsell revenue from chamber replacements and into further smart building enhancements (core business)
  3. Got an exploration grant from the Canadian gov't to further test the technology
  4. Gained external validation that it detects COVID in the air (as well as other things, this is not a 1 trick pony).
  5. Technology awaiting CSA electrical approval - they've achieved this with other tech and have expressed confidence
  6. Are also pursuing manufacturing partners with a view to create capacity to produce ~20k units per month going forward

CEO v.firm about a few things:
  1. Wants a big initial marquee order to validate the tech (likely gov't) and will serve Canada initially but Global potential and enquiries have already happened at smaller order levels internationally
  2. Main high potential applications include schools, long term care facilities and enclosed spaces of ~1000sqft with re-circulated air where 3 or more people gather - not looking at an individual residential/retail strategy at this stage
  3. Looking to create shareholder value, not looking to dilute and take external funding - balance sheet strong, will use major initial order to finance expansion

Milestones to look for (my supposition):
Next 30-60 days:
  1. Secures CSA approval, manufacturing partner(s), secure big initial contract and visible financial support from the Canadian Gov’t for deployment in schools initially (most likely use case) as part of their $3bn safe schools program that is already funded
  2. Progress made on patenting the chamber part of the technology to protect it

Next 120 days:

1. Secures multiple institutional contracts, likely from long term care facilities, hotel chains, commercial office buyers of scale and so on
  2. Production goes off without too many hitches, competitors are slow to receive approvals and stories of the safe air becomes a viral phenomenon and builds credibility around the world

Next 180 days:

1. Further contracts and use cases show promise as well as major scaling of production and distribution internationally

Next 365 days:

1. Recurring revenue, cross-sell and upsell from existing customers as well as a plethora of new customers and smaller format orders as well as individual home / dwelling deployments become mainstream
  2. Air quality and air safety becomes a national agenda issue in North America, Canada and more broadly

Next 2 years:

1. Bought by Honeywell, GE or similar

If all of this and more happens then this is an $5bn+ business with a solid margin and a tech, innovation and healthcare multiplier applied to forward earnings without breaking sweat. That should leave the share price at $50 and an exit premium if they sell at even more than that.

Ref: Stockhouse Knr

Addition: I feel this tech will be turned into individual breath analyzer for illness checks opposed to sona type test kits being issued world wide. I feel tech is going to prevail.

Goodluck to everyone.

Last edited:

YLC

May 6, 2010
BYD (BYDDF) is a Buffett-backed electric car company in China. Just something I thought I could put out there as another option to battery operated cars sold in China. Supposedly they partnered with Toyota last year. Not sure if anyone looked into this stock. Aside from the brutal Kraft-Heinz I think most of his other investments panned out well...

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Dang Muskoka is going hard with this. What percent of your portfolio do you have in KNR man? And what was your entry price? Still sounds intriguing at $5.

Also anyone still holding on to their Vale and Lac calls? lol. Lac finally started returning a profit this week. Sold the calls, overall made ~1k from Lac calls. Going to buy back on Monday if it crashes a little.

My baby portfolio has been crazy. Start with 3k, up to 4500 in 3 weeks, close positions and put every single penny into battery day hype, don’t sell my calls for Lac and Vale on battery day because fomo at huge profits, value down to $1.5k, Lac finally starts firing again back up to 3.3k. If I had my old mindset of greed I woulda made another $2k off my Lac calls but I did the right thing securing profit and selling after a huge surge in price. Can’t have diamond hands.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
What is the best site for Americans? Somebody said Robinhood. I'm just trying to confirm.

Robinhood is a user friendly UI, but can screw people over on ITM options on exp. I like TD Ameritrade personally.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Dang Muskoka is going hard with this. What percent of your portfolio do you have in KNR man? And what was your entry price? Still sounds intriguing at $5.

Also anyone still holding on to their Vale and Lac calls? lol. Lac finally started returning a profit this week. Sold the calls, overall made ~1k from Lac calls. Going to buy back on Monday if it crashes a little.

My baby portfolio has been crazy. Start with 3k, up to 4500 in 3 weeks, close positions and put every single penny into battery day hype, don’t sell my calls for Lac and Vale on battery day because fomo at huge profits, value down to $1.5k, Lac finally starts firing again back up to 3.3k. If I had my old mindset of greed I woulda made another $2k off my Lac calls but I did the right thing securing profit and selling after a huge surge in price. Can’t have diamond hands.

I just sold some LAC Friday to cover my total premium and now letting the rest ride hopefully for some free money. 10/16c

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
What is the best site for Americans? Somebody said Robinhood. I'm just trying to confirm.

Goodness no. You can look at multiple places for reviews but TD Ameritrade, Fidelity, Charles Schwab are all good. Robinho is usually rates pretty low. Like outside the top 10. Interactive Brokers is another one.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Robinhood is a user friendly UI, but can screw people over on ITM options on exp. I like TD Ameritrade personally.

Thanks for the reply. Is that call options? I've wanted to get into stocks but I know I'd lose all my money. I got some extra money. If Tesla got back to mid or low 300's I was going to throw it all on them for the long. Good plan? Robinhood be good for that?

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I just sold some LAC Friday to cover my total premium and now letting the rest ride hopefully for some free money. 10/16c
Nice it’s good you’re closing some profit/covering for losses. I sold all but one call on Thursday instead of hanging on to close profit. Then had fomo on Friday and bought a bunch more calls and made a quick $400/$500 lmao. Probably the easiest I had to work for that amount in a day.

Sold them all because Trump pump was sick and Mondays usually suck

Reactions: Riseonfire

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
My wife and I got in pre-live covid results at $1.44 31,900 shares. During the last 3 weeks I've done maybe 8 high low trades and up to 41,640 shares.

We've also taken out our original investment now through the trades. Have fcc still and just a bit of enb now.

I'd say its a good 85% ish due to the amount increased. If you take into consideration my 2 real estate properties. It drops knr down to 30% of my total investments.

So rare for a cse stock to actually be a hit... the company is solid if you take a few hours to watch all the info videos available

All this is in tfsa and I don't really plan to take any out and just load safe money into cnd div stocks

Incase anyone missed it. Transport Canada had two meetings with Kontrol this week.

Last edited:

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
The guy who said Robinhood is probably gonna be talking about how much money he lost day-trading, once the market stabilizes.
Mmmmk bud.. I'd expect him to do some digging after getting a few platforms.

My wife's first and only trade of 8900 knr shares. Lets see how she does as a first timer off my advice.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
My wife and I got in pre-live covid results at $1.44 31,900 shares. During the last 3 weeks I've done maybe 8 high low trades and up to 41,640 shares.

We've also taken out our original investment now through the trades. Have fcc still and just a bit of enb now.

I'd say its a good 85% ish due to the amount increased.

So rare for a cse stock to actually be a hit... the company is solid if you take a few hours to watch all the info videos available

All this is in tfsa and I don't really plan to take any out and just load safe money into cnd div stocks

Incase anyone missed it. Transport Canada had two meetings with Kontrol this week.
Damn thanks for the reply. Was just curious. Hope you get those tendies

Reactions: SlpLessInMuskoka18

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Market is going to rocket Monday off trumps positive Covid news

It dropped pretty hard after his positive test news Friday

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Holding on to LAC until there's a deal signed with an EV company.
Then I'll sell once it goes up 200%

I have a hard time with the current LAC valuation of 1B Market cap for a company with nothing to show for but hype.
I'm bullish on Lithium, I've been looking for the right opportunity to invest in Lithium, but I would not be chasing LAC right now. Maybe they sign a deal, and the selloff starts on the 'selling the news' and this is where I might jump in.

On another note, although I sold half my position in HYLN (SHLL), because I knew there would be a selloff, I don't see any reason why this company would not be worth 15-20B in 2 years from now (currently around 6B). Thomas Healy is a f***ing smart guy. He started being a lot more active in social media. He will be ringing the opening bell on Monday at NYSE. The last time he had media exposure this big, the stock exploded. I will probably buy on the dip Monday Morning.

Last edited:

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I use TD Ameritrade primarily for the trading. I like their online help utilities and setup.

But, I do have Robin Hood downloaded on mobile. Their GUI is 100% better to the eye than looking what TD has. TD can certainly improve their UI because it's awful on mobile.

Reactions: Wrigley

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Agora ($API) is intriguing. Recent issue from China that's gotten beaten up post-IPO (like most IPOs).

PINS has already run hard but I have a feeling it's just getting started.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Assuming Trump recovers, would investing in Regeneron (REGN) be a good idea? As far as I can tell, Trump received REGN's COVID-19 treatment. I have no idea about the company mind you. Just spit balling here.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
I use TD Ameritrade primarily for the trading. I like their online help utilities and setup. But, I do have Robin Hood downloaded on mobile. Their GUI is 100% better to the eye than looking what TD has. TD can certainly improve their UI because it's awful on mobile.
Agreed. As far as I know TDA doesn't offer a pie chart either. EDITED: You guys may want to check out FTCH and SPCE.

Last edited:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

Do you suspect this is because KNR is expecting to make large amounts of shipments soon? Or just getting ducks in a row as anyone would?

Where did you find this info they were meeting w transport Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->